Jump to #7 in the AP poll, #9 in the Coaches poll

Advertisement
I wonder if ND goes undefeated and is ranked #1 in the writers poll, but is the 6th or 7th seed in the CFP playoff - would they then think twice about conference affiliations.
They already came out and said they like it. Beyond fair access to the playoff plus a chance to host a playoff game. They don't care about getting a by

#12 at this point is nearly perfect. We just keep winning and slowly creeping up. If we go undefeated in the regular season - at this point, a very possible scenario - I predict we'll settle in at #3. As long as we win the ACC and get that 1st round bye, we are in excellent shape regarding the playoffs.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t value the rankings to atleast week 5. Great to see the bump for us; but they aren’t representative yet.
Netflix No Shit GIF by Stranger Things

ND can't be ranked higher than 5 (P4 champs will be above no matter record) in the playoffs so it wont matter much what they are ranked even if they win out
Yes they can be ranked higher than 5. They just can't be SEEDED higher than 5. Minor difference, but still...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m serious as a heart attack: if we win out and get the Bye, we’re headed for an Orange Bowl Semi-Final matchup with Taint.

The networks will arrange it so the Notre Dame and Southern Cal are in the opposite bracket. If we beat Taint we’ll conceivably have another Catholics vs. Convicts National Championship Game, which is why the NCAA and the networks want Miami back in the first place.

Oh, and don’t worry. Cristobal will be told to sit Ward to make sure he isn’t injured in dogsh*t games. The Mike Norvell Saga hasn’t been lost on anyone over at the Hecht.

I wouldn’t value the rankings to atleast week 5. Great to see the bump for us; but they aren’t representative yet.

I don't think anyone is "valuing" the rankings right now.

At this point, it's all about whether writers/coaches are starting to acknowledge that Miami might actually be good this year.

I just want to have to see these ******** "revise their rankings". But nobody is taking this very seriously.

The CFP rankings are the only ones that matter.

Advertisement
I didnt catch the Lousiville game but saw they had a cupcake and won 62-0

I saw Skinner had 1 catch for 5 yards.

Chaney did not get a single carry? Was he hurt?

I also saw some other familiar names, Jacorey Brooks with 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD

Ashton Gillotte still doing his thing,

TJ Capers had a pick and a tackle

Stan Clark 2 tackles.

Advertisement
Back