Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Another mistake by Mario. However you slice it. Either he’s staying or he should have been fired already. Not bc I care when he’s fired but because he was so bad he doesn’t deserve a classy exit. This classy exit will cost us talent on O. Unfortunately.
agree 100%. send the right message.

Mario waited until Feb to hire a staff last year and his staff sucked

He self controlled and hand picked each position coach and it didn’t work

No way he can do that again. Hire a good OC and let him pick the rest of his staff on that side

Why would you think that? Lol defense had flashes but also gave up a **** ton of points to a ton of teams including mtsu/duke.
Because nobody has mentioned even a rumor of a change there, I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced or anything like that.

Advertisement
Why? Please don’t use NC rings as the only reason…
Don't use 2 NC Rings as a reason???...Did you forget UFs Defense under him??....F what happened at Texas....he was hated there because he had a white wife to begin with.....
We took Steele out of retirement...he's nothing more than a journeyman. His Defense was blistered by less talented teams this yr.

I'm not completely out on Steele but I wonder if the game has passed him by as a DC. He's 64 years old and when I looked that up, I saw Charlie Strong is 62. WTF! Strong looks like he's 50. lol.

Anyway, if Mario does replace both coordinators I really hope he learned what didn't work at Miami in 2022. That's a massive failure to fire both coordinators after one year. I want Gattis gone just like you guys but better make sure you know what mistakes were made when you hired them last year.

So he’s letting them find other jobs like most sane people thought. People may not like it but that’s how you get a good rep in circles.

That also allows him to find a replacement at the same time. That good rep goes a long way.

Advertisement
Because nobody has mentioned even a rumor of a change there, I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced or anything like that.
There been chirps about why the defense seems to get a pass with how bad they were which seemed to be more miscommunication than anything being top 10 in sacks but like 110th for ypr just didn't add up. But the offense is just so bad it takes all the publicity lol

I'm not completely out on Steele but I wonder if the game has passed him by as a DC. He's 64 years old and when I looked that up, I saw Charlie Strong is 62. WTF! Strong looks like he's 50. lol.

Anyway, if Mario does replace both coordinators I really hope he learned what didn't work at Miami in 2022. That's a massive failure to fire both coordinators after one year. I want Gattis gone just like you guys but better make sure you know what mistakes were made when you hired them last year.
Those Birkenstocks help keep him young.

Another mistake by Mario. However you slice it. Either he’s staying or he should have been fired already. Not bc I care when he’s fired but because he was so bad he doesn’t deserve a classy exit. This classy exit will cost us talent on O. Unfortunately.
I’m all for helping the kids with entering the portal and making sure they have a place to go. But this shouldn’t be the case for grown *** coaches, they have been in the game long enough to get themselves a job. No need to help get coaches out classy like this. Just make an announcement that Mario and Gattis came to a mutual agreement to part ways if you want to be polite. Need to make the direction of the program clear to prospective transfers/ croots

Advertisement
Don't use 2 NC Rings as a reason???...Did you forget UFs Defense under him??....F what happened at Texas....he was hated there because he had a white wife to begin with.....
We took Steele out of retirement...he's nothing more than a journeyman. His Defense was blistered by less talented teams this yr.
Based on your NC logic, we should bring back Shannon?

Not steels fault that he had to call plays with Mannys players. And the offense couldn’t stay on the field. That doesn’t help either. Strong hasn’t called plays in a decade. That’s a long time…

Why does it have to be like that though? It’s not going to help recruiting at all. Why not just send them home?
he's visiting Trader and Jojo. Doing his job till the end while he finalizes where he will land. Pretty basic protocol. Steele was doing the same thing yesterday and he's gone too
63D342FD-713F-486B-8202-29FE2CD36D6F.jpeg

Advertisement
Based on your NC logic, we should bring back Shannon?

Not steels fault that he had to call plays with Mannys players. And the offense couldn’t stay on the field. That doesn’t help either. Strong hasn’t called plays in a decade. That’s a long time…
Shannon was left with Schiano and Butch's kids...he brought nothing to the table at UM....Strong Called plays for 2 NC teams....that in itself shats on Steeles resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back