Jess Simpson gone.

Just curious;

I’m just wondering why a lot of posters continue to say Stroud’s résumé is solid. Outside of Mario Williams back in 06, what other player has he coached?

No shade, just wondering. I see a guy who hasn’t been in a P5 conference in a minute coaching a position, so maybe you guys can help me out w the love being shown.

Advertisement
Agreed. It sounds like Jess told Manny "hey I'm going to take this NFL offer but I'll wait until you can find a replacement to announce it publicly."

My thoughts exactly. Here’s hoping Stroud is a **** fine DL Coach and can help not only keep the 2020 kids we’ve got verbals from, but also keep the tradition that Manny is building through his defensive players. That meant they were getting coached up from somewhere.

Just curious;

I’m just wondering why a lot of posters continue to say Stroud’s résumé is solid. Outside of Mario Williams back in 06, what other player has he coached?

No shade, just wondering. I see a guy who hasn’t been in a P5 conference in a minute coaching a position, so maybe you guys can help me out w the love being shown.

I'm pretty sure it's called "Wishful Thinking." LOL.

Just curious;

If he coached Mario, he also coached manny Lawson and John mccargo... that defense was nasty

Advertisement
You can't honestly believe it takes top 5 classes every year to be better than we've been.

UNC and VT are never near the 10-20 range in recruiting rankings.

Miami has had one season outside the top 25 in recruiting rankings in the last decade yet they've only finished ranked inside the AP top 25 twice.

Recruiting has been good if not great. The team has been average for the most part.

And on top of that, Miami has probably had 3 top 5 classes in the last 30 years. (1999 maybe..that was DJ Williams class, 2005 maybe that was Willie Williams class.. and definitely 2008 which was #1) So his argument don't hold weight. We never were a perennial top 5 recruiting class program. Ever.

Exactly what people said last year when we replaced Kool with Simpson.
Mr independent thinker. You know nothing about stroud and we knew nothing about Simpson. Thankfully manny isn’t looking to you for advice on hires.

Ppl saying "hey, we know less about this guy than the last one" is a poor attempt at a spin.

Advertisement
NCST had some ballers for a while on the dline and then it rose back up years later. Now once again y'all hate on every **** coaching hire including Manny until they prove themselves but if you trust Manny you will be fine with this hire. Loved Simp and wanted him here but an NFL job will always be best and he didn't just leave he allowed Manny to have time to hire a new guy first so he did us a great solid

Manny Quote:

"“We are excited to welcome Todd to The U,” Diaz said. “As we have built this staff we have emphasized continuity on the defensive side of the ball. Todd is a high energy teacher and motivator whose defensive philosophy aligns perfectly with ours. He knows exactly what a Miami defense looks like up front – from the weight room to the film room to the playing field. "

This is what matters.
Which is ALL THAT MATTERS. Get the right fits that align with what we're doing on defense and we'll be fine

People already *****ing about recruiting? The dude was a recruiting coordinator at one point...**** he must be pretty decent. Simpson is a more unknown as a recruiter.

Simpson missed in recruiting a whole lot but he put more effort than kul did so no one cared

Advertisement
I liked Simpson a lot, but Stroud has a ton of very good dline experience (NC State, CSU, Akron) and I like his strength coach experience, too. Whether that translates to 'he is still hungry to coach' and maintaining the very good coaching we have had recently remains to be seen.

A fluffy CV can be misleading, too (see Jethro Franklin) but this guy seems to have long extended stays at schools rather than switching jobs every year. That, IMHO, is a very good sign.

And the nepotism argument in this thread makes absolutely no sense.

Lurkers out in full force. Not saying stroud is the best dline coach or anything. But some on here are acting worse than we hired Simpson and he had 0.00 years of college coaching experience. Dudes on here were fuming mad.
But according to some all the sudden this dude is somehow not only worse but there is no way in justifying the hire at all and are even checking out on Manny that hasn’t even had spring ball yet. Find a better way to recruit for your team then to come on here.
The only dude in cfb that no one questions is saban and he hires dudes like stroud all the **** time.
Mf’ers would’ve lost theire **** mind with some of his hires. Dudes would’ve burned season tickets if we said locksley was going to be our OC after he left Maryland.

Advertisement
Last supper.

Advertisement
Back