Jess Simpson gone.

No spin. I'm just not going to jump to conclusions on a new hire before we've seen his work in action. The fact that a lot of the same people throwing a fit today were throwing a fit last year when Richt replaced Kool with "some high school coach" is laughable.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that pretty much any D line coach who's philosophy aligns with Diaz's will be successful here. It ain't rocket science.

🎯🎯🎯 U hit the second paragraph right on the money and I completely agree with u. I believe Mannys scheme will make good look great and great look elite. Its comparable to when Chip Kelly first got to Oregon and turned a bunch of 3 stars into an offensive powerhouse.

Let me go on record and say that I think our d line will still perform well and Stroud will have a lot to do with that. My initial statement still stands though, there is no spinning this as an upgrade (as of now).

Advertisement
Please go root for another team. You constant moping about the same **** thing 365 days a year is exhausting.

@Dwinstitles has turned into a female in front of our very eyes. Dude leaves for a much better job with much better pay in the NFL. Ask yourself, which is the better job. D line coach in college or D line coach in the NFL? In your home state. If you have a good staff this is supposed to happen. But no, let’s act like menstruating females about it

I think you're being a little too defensive about a slight worry many will have on here. Why was this guy coaching at Akron after all this time? It's a legit concern. "Our fans smh" Sounds like you want your fellow fans to be blindly optimistic. I loved the hire as an analyst but want to find out more about what happened to Straud post NC Sate
He has been mostly a strength coach. After nc state he was fsu strength coach for 3 years. Then he was at colorado st 2 years. And he has been at akron since 2012 as dc/recruiting coord/d-line coach.

I don’t necessarily think d line guys have to be rah rah all the time. I like my guys to be technicians. Guys like Rousseau and Garvin are freaks that just need teaching. And I love his S&C background. I think Stroud will be fine. If he isn’t super high energy it’ll be offset by Baker being a high energy guy trying to make a name for himself.

Advertisement
He literally told me that himself. Said he likes raleigh and his family does too. Daughters play volleyball and if I’m not mistaken one of them plays at NC State now or is gonna go there to play in the next year or two
Curious if Simpson bought a house to seriously move to SoFla. Was there a comfort level for his family living in Fla.?.
He was not part of the Manny brigade, but his ability to recruit in GA., would have helped. MOving up to the NFL is pretty slick, and good luck to him.
Now we move on.
Much of an upside for a Coach who wants to be in SoFla, is on staff, knows what Manny wants, and is aware of what it takes to be part of TNM.
We will be fine.

60 days ago CIS wasn't sure if Simpson should be back as DL coach, and now we've got panic attacks left and right now that he is gone.

eqd_atd_14_____and_the_world_turns_with_her_by_vondare-d5bd7n6.gif

I don’t necessarily think d line guys have to be rah rah all the time. I like my guys to be technicians. Guys like Rousseau and Garvin are freaks that just need teaching. And I love his S&C background. I think Stroud will be fine. If he isn’t super high energy it’ll be offset by Baker being a high energy guy trying to make a name for himself.
It is not the energy...........it is the results of good teaching...

People were freaking out when Kool left too, well be good, Strouds resume is solid..
His resume is better than Simpson's, and I liked the Simpson hire a lot. The most important thing is the overall D we run, not just technique on the line. As long as we are playing fast and aggressive, we will be fine. I think this is a VERY good hire.

Advertisement
Curious if Simpson bought a house to seriously move to SoFla. Was there a comfort level for his family living in Fla.?.
He was not part of the Manny brigade, but his ability to recruit in GA., would have helped. MOving up to the NFL is pretty slick, and good luck to him.
Now we move on.
Much of an upside for a Coach who wants to be in SoFla, is on staff, knows what Manny wants, and is aware of what it takes to be part of TNM.
We will be fine.

I thought him coming here was a no brainer and I think he liked it here. But who wouldn’t leave for a better job, especially when it’s in your home area. Guy saw an opportunity to prove himself and raise his profile. He did it and it paid off. Good for him

So now we supposed to b second fiddle to some NFL team?!
Musta misheard Joaquin, thought he said dominate.
This some bs.
**** nah/Audi 5

( how’s that)

Advertisement
Dudes complained when a former HS coach who was only an assistant NFL dline coach was hired.

Now complain when a guy with decades of experience and a track record of DL put into the league is hired.

Unless it's a premier name that y'all know, you're generally unhappy with any hires. Same song and dance.

Advertisement
Your takes get consistently worse.

In the real world, people hire people they know. It happens in coaching too.
**** i wouldnt unless there good at everything, maybe they are. And how are my takes bad? when i slurped prospects people agreed then those prospects sucked, now im more open eyes and I try to not let the loyalty of the team fool me. So im on guard pretty much and of course anyone here is going to be wrong most times then not, we cant tell the future.

Advertisement
Back