2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting to believe J.Smith is a bad omen 😂 for home games.

Goes to OSU/Indiana - OSU scores 23
Goes to UF/Charlotte - UF scores 22
Goes to UM/GT - UM scores 20

Keep him away
Whether he’s a bad omen or not if I was him I’d be hot. Shows up to see teams ball against scrubs and they end up fumbling the bag.
Just might see Indiana, Charlotte and GT make his top 5

Advertisement
If I was a recruit that was thinking about Miami watching this game, I’d definitely be disappointed in what I saw. But this solely wouldn’t stop me from considering Miami
For someone looking for Miami to be explosive on offense as JS says, we were clearly not as explosive as what was seen during the first 4 games and yet we put up almost 500 yards of offense.

Yes he wasn’t coming cuz he needed to see proof that **** was different and we showed him that **** is very much the same
I don’t buy that. Kids that want to come see that game and think they can make a difference.

If we turn things around the rest of the season, that game means nothing. If we don’t turn things around, that game isn’t the deciding point. It is everything after it.

If a kid uses that game as the reason for not coming, it’s an excuse. He was never coming.

Advertisement
I don’t buy that. Kids that want to come see that game and think they can make a difference.

If we turn things around the rest of the season, that game means nothing. If we don’t turn things around, that game isn’t the deciding point. It is everything after it.

If a kid uses that game as the reason for not coming, it’s an excuse. He was never coming.
Those kids say the trenches they know the game well they know what’s happening in coral gables. Some you have to explain to but MC has a product to sell and proof of it. He doesn’t have to convince CIs he just has to close

Yes he wasn’t coming cuz he needed to see proof that **** was different and we showed him that **** is very much the same
Things are definitely not " very much the same".

Even on a day where nothing was working, our O still moved up and down the field all day, our leading receiver had 100+ yards, the D dominated, and the kids showed grit getting in a position to win a game where everything went against them.

It's too bad one boneheaded decision threw all that away but Saturday was a character/program building win before the "fumble". To be able to go through all that adversity of turnovers and refs and backbreaking penalties and know that you can still win brings confidence to a team and locker room.

Too many if’s…..history shows Miami isn’t going to turn things around and you’re fighting against a team that has proven it produces WR talent every year, sending multiple WRs to the league in the top rounds vs. one WR here or there and then mostly undrafted players

One game didn’t ***** up this season. If we won the game we’d have guys saying alright we gutted out a tough one when our qb had a bad day. What grit we showed. Instead the sky is falling cause Mario had a huge coaching blunder.

If our offense goes back to what we saw during tamu and others no one will complain and when jj smith picks taint in the end we will wonder why

Advertisement
Things are definitely not " very much the same".

Even on a day where nothing was working, our O still moved up and down the field all day, our leading receiver had 100+ yards, the D dominated, and the kids showed grit getting in a position to win a game where everything went against them.

It's too bad one boneheaded decision threw all that away but Saturday was a character/program building win before the "fumble". To be able to go through all that adversity of turnovers and refs and backbreaking penalties and know that you can still win brings confidence to a team and locker room.
MAYBE smith looks at it positively like you. Or maybe Smith knows there is a reason he committed elsewhere and Miami just proved all the ppl in his ear to go elsewhere right.

MAYBE smith looks at it positively like you. Or maybe Smith knows there is a reason he committed elsewhere and Miami just proved all the ppl in his ear to go elsewhere right.
If Smith is truly interested in Miami and curious about the program, then it's clear that things aren't just the same. He has friends on the team and friends committed. He knows what's going on. Now if he's looking for an excuse to go anywhere and doesn't actually want to go to Miami and isn't interested then it's easy to point at the record and say "oh yeah they lost to Georgia tech everything is the same."

Too many if’s…..history shows Miami isn’t going to turn things around and you’re fighting against a team that has proven it produces WR talent every year, sending multiple WRs to the league in the top rounds vs. one WR here or there and then mostly undrafted players
My comment isn’t about Smith alone. It applies to any recruit.

As to Smith, my point is that, if he later says that he did decide to go elsewhere based on the GT game, he was never coming and that’s just a convenient excuse.

History actually shows that good things can happen here.

Advertisement
My comment isn’t about Smith alone. It applies to any recruit.

As to Smith, my point is that, if he later says that he did decide to go elsewhere based on the GT game, he was never coming and that’s just a convenient excuse.
I’m only specifically talking about Smith

Yes you will have a fair share of kids who don’t care about wins and losses

I’m only specifically talking about Smith

Yes you will have a fair share of kids who don’t care about wins and losses
That’s not my point either. Plenty of kids care about wins and losses overall.

My point is specific to the GT game. If Smith ever says that he’s not coming because of the GT game, he was never coming. That one game isn’t going to be the basis for his decision.

I just think that people that believe that the GT game carries all of these catastrophic consequences for recruiting are overreacting. The only way that game really hurts us is if the team falls apart as a result of it (and I don’t see that happening).

Advertisement
A kid that decides not to attend based on that game wasn’t coming anyway, IMO. That kind of game is an excuse, not a reason.
This is true but in this case we are trying to flip a recruit thats what makes it different.

He’s already been committed and heavily leaning to osu for over a year now, we are trying to win him over in a sense and after last year you gonna question **** just like we are as fans of the team but its on us to right the ship if we want to flip and committed recruit.

I still dont think its 100% over, like if we light it up and gtech is an outlier game then we probably still got a good chance

If I was a recruit that was thinking about Miami watching this game, I’d definitely be disappointed in what I saw. But this solely wouldn’t stop me from considering Miami

How many games has Smith attended where he got to witness history? If we beat GT 20-17, it's just a boring win. Cristobal gave Smith a memory he'll never forget.

He'll be able to tell his grandkids about the time he saw the dumbest call in the history of team sports but was appreciative that Cristobal somehow turned a boring game against a mediocre opponent into a game that will be talked about forever. To show his gratitude, he silently committed to UM a few days later.

Last edited:
How many games has Smith attended where he got to witness history? If we beat GT 20-17, it's just a boring win. Cristobal gave Smith a memory he'll never forget.

He'll be able to tell his grandkids about the time he saw the dumbest call in the history of team sports but was so appreciative that Cristobal somehow turned a boring game against a mediocre opponent into a game that will be talked about forever, that he silently committed to UM a few days later.
No offense to anyone but if you think that is the dumbest call a coach or team has ever made, then you have not watched a lot of sports over the years. Lol
It was bad, but no one would have cared that much if the ref made the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back