2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games has Smith attended where he got to witness history? If we beat GT 20-17, it's just a boring win. Cristobal gave Smith a memory he'll never forget.

He'll be able to tell his grandkids about the time he saw the dumbest call in the history of team sports but was so appreciative that Cristobal somehow turned a boring game against a mediocre opponent into a game that will be talked about forever, that he silently committed to UM a few days later.
My understanding is that he did not stay long to witness history in the making. Just quoting a couple of other posters with a screenshot…

Attachments

• IMG_6794.jpeg
    IMG_6794.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
No offense to anyone but if you think that is the dumbest call a coach or team has ever made, then you have not watched a lot of sports over the years. Lol
It was bad, but no one would have cared that much if the ref made the right call.

What was a more boneheaded coaching move in sports? The game was over if Cristobal tells TVD to kneel. Chris Weber? He was on the court, and made a split second (bad) decision. Also, he wasn't the coach. Some ill-advised onside kick? There is at least some semblance of a reason for it, like catch the opponent by surprise. Pete Carroll in the super bowl? Stakes were obviously higher, but there was no guarantee Lynch scores a TD. Believe it or not, Lynch was statistically one of the worst goal line backs in the NFL that season, and during some of his prime years (2012 to 2014) he was THE worst short yardage back in the NFL.

So it was dumb call but Lynch had already been stopped in short yardage situations several times in the game Carroll had a plausible reason to trust his QB to make a good decision. You tell me, what other coaching decision has been worse?

Advertisement
Time to move on if they can't even stay for the game
I agree with that. If he's a fan of the program in general and has friends on the team and friends that were with him at the game, how could you leave? Forget recruiting just being a football fan in general and being in a back and forth one possession game? First half was boring but second half was an exciting game.

Only at Miami would we show an explosive passing offense all year. Finally get the best receiver in the entire country located in your background to attend a game and Mario/Dawson go full caveman offensively.

This program never stops ceasing to amaze me…. In all the wrong ways

Only at Miami would we show an explosive passing offense all year. Finally get the best receiver in the entire country located in your background to attend a game and Mario/Dawson go full caveman offensively.

This program never stops ceasing to amaze me…. In all the wrong ways

UM never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Advertisement
Love when people say "lock the thread."

Just don't come in the thread if you don't want to. You're not getting brownie points for saying a guy committed to OSU for a year isn't coming.

An easy solution: anyone wanting the thread locked can just be locked out of the thread.

Reactions: Dre
That’s not my point either. Plenty of kids care about wins and losses overall.

My point is specific to the GT game. If Smith ever says that he’s not coming because of the GT game, he was never coming. That one game isn’t going to be the basis for his decision.

I just think that people that believe that the GT game carries all of these catastrophic consequences for recruiting are overreacting. The only way that game really hurts us is if the team falls apart as a result of it (and I don’t see that happening).
Correct! If, and a big if based on the last 20 years, this team rebounds and beats some of the good teams coming up, the GT game will be an unfortunate hiccup.

Ny Carr committed after the most gut wrenching punch ever for this program along with the Flutie and fake pass interference play.

Like I said earlier, if Smith decides to eliminate Miami after this game, he wasn’t ever coming.

He has relationships with coaches and players here that matter. Miami has laid out a good plan. Just need to continue to execute it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What was a more boneheaded coaching move in sports? The game was over if Cristobal tells TVD to kneel. Chris Weber? He was on the court, and made a split second (bad) decision. Also, he wasn't the coach. Some ill-advised onside kick? There is at least some semblance of a reason for it, like catch the opponent by surprise. Pete Carroll in the super bowl? Stakes were obviously higher, but there was no guarantee Lynch scores a TD. Believe it or not, Lynch was statistically one of the worst goal line backs in the NFL that season, and during some of his prime years (2012 to 2014) he was THE worst short yardage back in the NFL.

So it was dumb call but Lynch had already been stopped in short yardage situations several times in the game Carroll had a plausible reason to trust his QB to make a good decision. You tell me, what other coaching decision has been worse?
Maybe when Popovich took Duncan out in the finals when he could have left him in to guard Bosh and Bosh got an easy rebound and kicked out to Allen for the 3. Pop was in a timeout and had time to contemplate the move.
He leaves him in instead of trying to be fancy and they win the title.
And I'm just responding to your comment, plz don't take offense and get mad at me like others did on here before. Not calling you names or dumb, just contributing to your comment.
And I agree to not kneel is ridiculous more so if someone got hurt than the fumble as I think an injury is more likely in that spot. But I see a lot of other college football coahces doing the same thing. Watched Saban do it also. The difference was that we fumbled AND we let them score.

Maybe when Popovich took Duncan out in the finals when he could have left him in to guard Bosh and Bosh got an easy rebound and kicked out to Allen for the 3. Pop was in a timeout and had time to contemplate the move.
He leaves him in instead of trying to be fancy and they win the title.
And I'm just responding to your comment, plz don't take offense and get mad at me like others did on here before. Not calling you names or dumb, just contributing to your comment.
And I agree to not kneel is ridiculous more so if someone got hurt than the fumble as I think an injury is more likely in that spot. But I see a lot of other college football coahces doing the same thing. Watched Saban do it also. The difference was that we fumbled AND we let them score.

I enjoy good natured banter. No offense taken. It's an interesting question of whether it was actually the worst coaching decision of all-time or not. The fact that others did something similar but got away with it doesn't factor into my opinion.

The game was over if TVD kneels. Virtually zero chance of anything going wrong. Perhaps a meteorite falling from the sky and hitting TVD, forcing him to fumble, could have given GT the ball again, but barring that we were 5-0. Maybe it was mostly Dawsons fault for not going into the victory formation. But even with that, the second that Cristobal saw them lining up for a play instead of the victory formation, he should have called a timeout and said WTF to Dawson. One way or another it was a coaching decision.

As for the Duncan example, IMO it's not even in the conversation of all time bone headed calls. Popovich DID have time to think and he explained his legitimate reasons for sitting Duncan.

You may not agree with it, but putting in a more mobile defender than Duncan to defend the 3 isn't an egregiously dumb move. It didn't work out but the decision had a purpose. If Duncan is out there, maybe the shooter has even more time to shoot as he couldn't get out to the line fast enough. The difference there is the game wasn't over. Pop had to make a tactical decision on how to stop Miami from hitting a 3. With Cristobal, the game was done. GT has zero chance of getting the ball back. I honestly can't think of a worse coaching decision. Im not saying Cristobal is the dumbest coach of all time, I just think that particular call was the WOAT.

Advertisement
Josh McDaniels went for a FG on 4th and 2 yesterday when the chart said to go for it to put the raiders up by 7 with just under two minutes left and they missed it and gave the Packers the ball back with excellent field position.

They’re just lucky Jordan Love was trying to purposely sabotage my fantasy team and threw another pic to end the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back