2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Just figured since it was you who brought up your cousin the 5 star 2023 wr recruit that you'd want to back up that argument by showing what elite QB recruit was in the same class as him wherever he chose to sign. Not asking about u. But Kool. No pressure. For the threads sake I'll say I strongly disagree that a wr recruit is so focused on the QB in the class he signs with. But that only works if he has someone in that room to focus on. In our instance their is plenty of potential but zero proven at the position. Also the portal has made that far less of an emphasis as well considering you can flip a room or position in a matter of days.
FACTS!!!

Advertisement
I'm not close to the program like you and SWFL are. But even I can see this staff isn't trusting their future in Judd, or anyone for that matter. They were taking Emory with or without Rashada and the reverse. Their philosophy is to stack chips across every position. Does anyone really think they're not going to do that at QB, our thinnest room going into 2024?

Some posters on CIS have a myopia, even those who should know better. I think they choose to be pessimistic because it fits their schtick.
Maybe they know TVD is coming back? 🤷

Ehhhh, smart kid and family. Probably goes back to Geno Smith. People have seen Miami start out fast and then fall apart. Happened under everyone of our pats coaches. He wants to make sure we are for real, and I think Mario and staff are up to the challenger.
I agree he should wait but the postseason? We have plenty of tests in October/November to go along with A&M for him to see the progress/direction.

I agree he should wait but the postseason? We have plenty of tests in October/November to go along with A&M for him to see the progress/direction.
I just wouldn’t read into it all that much. The message I got is that he likes what he sees so far and he wants to see it continue and that it’s isn’t just a lucky stretch. Believe me I’m sure that is what he is being sold right now by others. Lastly, in the end it might all be BS and he was always going to Taint. That would be unfortunate but winning will cure all things for us. We are 4-0 and look to be on the verge of having a WR class of Carr, JoJo and Chance. I would love to have Smith but that’s a great WR class considering how we looked on offense last year.

I prefer Nike but what looks nice looks nice I can’t hate. But it always depends on the person. Someone saying they busted that’s their opinion lol doesn’t mean someone else won’t like it. I feel like if we dominate in a certain uniform they start to grow on you pause. Bama sh to me were ugly until Saban got there and they performed dominant in them. Now I think they clean but if they suck again I probably wouldn’t view those the same.

Maybe it’s me and I’m crazy

nysom is somewhere in his own all black dominating uniform and completely agrees.

Advertisement
1696511625068.png

Given how we have enacted the QB strategy, here's some potential outcomes from my end:

1. TVD stays and the issue at the position is postponed for a year.

2. TVD leaves, but Emory has done so absurdly well that he'll be the next starter.

3. TVD leaves, Emory has done well but Mario wants to have competition and brings in a transfer from a lower-level college.

4. TVD leaves and Mario goes for the big fish at QB, regardless of how Emory plays out.

Regardless, Mario (I hope) has understood that we need this kind offense to attract the top ones in the country on all positions.
I think #1 is a likely outcome than maybe more are leading on. I'm not sure 2023 will be enough to memory wipe the stink of 2022 in the brains of scouts. If he's still a 3rd-7th round evaluation, he should stay. If he goes nuclear and get back into the 1st, then I think he leaves. And I'd expect if he comes back, he'll get a raise

Advertisement
I just wouldn’t read into it all that much. The message I got is that he likes what he sees so far and he wants to see it continue and that it’s isn’t just a lucky stretch. Believe me I’m sure that is what he is being sold right now by others. Lastly, in the end it might all be BS and he was always going to Taint. That would be unfortunate but winning will cure all things for us. We are 4-0 and look to be on the verge of having a WR class of Carr, JoJo and Chance. I would love to have Smith but that’s a great WR class considering how we looked on offense last year.

Agree. UNC, Clemson, and FSU still to come. They will mean far more than Temple, BCU, and M-OH.

That right there worries me tbh. Gives me Pat Surtain vibes. I'm all in on the Carr momentum. Feel like Smith is appeasing his homies.
Same. But you keep shooting your shot and you absolutely don't give up no matter what.

But a class of Trader, Carr, and Chance is a very good haul. You're bringing in legit size, speed, and explosiveness with all 3.

Oh and btw.......that would also mean we're bringing in 3 of the top 25 WRs on the composite. That would make Miami and the Suckeyes, the only two programs in the country with that sort of haul.

By October 22 we’ll know most everything we need to. Aside from whether or not we beat FSU.

Have actually ever read ANY of the recruiting comments made BY JS? You don't need to INTERPRET anything. He stated back in February approximately "I need to see how UM performs on the field in 2023, see how the new offense works". There are several who stated that they wanted to come to UM but first wanted to see how the new offense actually produced. A lot of back channeling going on on the recruiting front and UM will end up with an excellent WR class. Talented guys who see what Restrepo, Young, George are able to do in this offense and are anxious to have their shot.
Did you actually read the conversation I was having with the other person on here cause I was interpreting what HE said, not what JS has said.

And JS said he needs to see what happens on the field, and how our new system works, not what QB we will have next year.

Advertisement
I think #1 is a likely outcome than maybe more are leading on. I'm not sure 2023 will be enough to memory wipe the stink of 2022 in the brains of scouts. If he's still a 3rd-7th round evaluation, he should stay. If he goes nuclear and get back into the 1st, then I think he leaves. And I'd expect if he comes back, he'll get a raise
Bro. Stop it. Lol.one good year Is all you need. **** based on Anthony Richardson you don't even need that

Given how we have enacted the QB strategy, here's some potential outcomes from my end:

1. TVD stays and the issue at the position is postponed for a year.

2. TVD leaves, but Emory has done so absurdly well that he'll be the next starter.

3. TVD leaves, Emory has done well but Mario wants to have competition and brings in a transfer from a lower-level college.

4. TVD leaves and Mario goes for the big fish at QB, regardless of how Emory plays out.

Regardless, Mario (I hope) has understood that we need this kind offense to attract the top ones in the country on all positions.
The answer is #4

The answer is #4
No matter what they think of Emory, I think for the good of the program you should always be trying to upgrade every position every season. So yeah I agree we should try to attract a big time QB from the portal if we can. As much as I love Kam, if you think there is a safety that you can bring in that is better then you do it and let them compete. But thats a bad example as I think Kam is as good as it gets this year at that position.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back