2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wanna take the time out to say someone reached out to me about my Emory talk recently and it’s someone I highly respect so I’m more bullish on the kid now too. I trust people smarter than me lol so I’m sorry for anything I said before I’m excited to see the kid

Hell Yeah Dancing GIF by collin

Advertisement
??????? What does JUDD have to do with who the starting QB will be in 2024/2025? Ever heard of a). Emory Williams b). Transfer portal c). Possibility that TVD does return? Judd is a PROJECT that might or might not work out with him developing into a backup.

I really hope C ends up being the option that works out.

TVD in this system for a second year just might get us to the CFP especially with the 22 and 23 classes getting a little older and the expected 24 class .

Last edited:
From Canesport, Smith's father spoke to one of Ferman's guys yesterday:

Most of the interview was the same stuff everyone writes. But one comment caught my eye - I don't remember ever seeing them mention "the post season" in prior interviews.

“(We want) to see how the team looks overall,” Christopher said. “(Then) in the postseason (we want to see) how they will finish strong.”

Advertisement
Given how we have enacted the QB strategy, here's some potential outcomes from my end:

1. TVD stays and the issue at the position is postponed for a year.

2. TVD leaves, but Emory has done so absurdly well that he'll be the next starter.

3. TVD leaves, Emory has done well but Mario wants to have competition and brings in a transfer from a lower-level college.

4. TVD leaves and Mario goes for the big fish at QB, regardless of how Emory plays out.

Regardless, Mario (I hope) has understood that we need this kind offense to attract the top ones in the country on all positions.

It didn't hurt that their quarterback almost literally **** down his leg. I'm with you, that place was ravenous that night, those kids were beat before they got out of the locker room. But if you remember, they moved the ball some on the first drive, and then Wimbush had a receiver WIDE OPEN for a TD (can't remember if it was St Brown or Claypool) that should've given them a 7-0 lead. But he overthrew it, because he was petrified, we punted quickly, they punted it back, then Berrios scored and the place got real scary. The next drive, Wimbush threw an awful pass and Quan picked it, and the stadium turned into Death Row. They were absolutely cooked from then on out, once the crowd smelled blood and Wimbush was in the tank, they had absolutely no shot.

One of the most fun nights of my entire life. I think after the Bandy pick, I was SCREAMING as loud as I possibly could into my dad's ear, who was sitting in the seat next to me. He threw his hands up, he couldn't make out a single word. If I yelled that loud in his ear in any other setting, he'd have been in the emergency room. But it was so loud in there, he couldn't make out one syllable LOL. Just looked at me and shrugged after I yelled at the top of my lungs directly into his eardrum. What a ******* night.
This was how all the games were in the early 90s.

And it’s hopefully what all the games will be like in the years to come

Most of the interview was the same stuff everyone writes. But one comment caught my eye - I don't remember ever seeing them mention "the post season" in prior interviews.

“(We want) to see how the team looks overall,” Christopher said. “(Then) in the postseason (we want to see) how they will finish strong.”

It’s Canesport ill take it with a grain of salt

But how many times is his family gonna move the goalposts? Now it’s we need to have a good bowl game? :pgdead:

Advertisement
We’ll be more than fine at WR and QB. I don’t see what the fuss is all about lol

I'm not close to the program like you and SWFL are. But even I can see this staff isn't trusting their future in Judd, or anyone for that matter. They were taking Emory with or without Rashada and the reverse. Their philosophy is to stack chips across every position. Does anyone really think they're not going to do that at QB, our thinnest room going into 2024?

Some posters on CIS have a myopia, even those who should know better. I think they choose to be pessimistic because it fits their schtick.

The coaches love him. Kosar ranted and raved about him. @Brooklyndee likes him as well.

Anyone with eyes can see he's got talent. That said, he's far from a finished product, and competition breeds greatness, so I'm fully expecting an experienced portal QB this offseason. In fact I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen.

Anyone with eyes can see he's got talent. That said, he's far from a finished product, and competition breeds greatness, so I'm fully expecting an experienced portal QB this offseason. In fact I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen.
JC....He just turned 18yrs old....

Advertisement
push the interest higher because Judd isn't making anyone swoon.

I interpret that as we couldn't get JS in our current circumstance. Or well, we have just above a 0% chance?
Have actually ever read ANY of the recruiting comments made BY JS? You don't need to INTERPRET anything. He stated back in February approximately "I need to see how UM performs on the field in 2023, see how the new offense works". There are several who stated that they wanted to come to UM but first wanted to see how the new offense actually produced. A lot of back channeling going on on the recruiting front and UM will end up with an excellent WR class. Talented guys who see what Restrepo, Young, George are able to do in this offense and are anxious to have their shot.

It’s Canesport ill take it with a grain of salt

But how many times is his family gonna move the goalposts? Now it’s we need to have a good bowl game? :pgdead:
Ehhhh, smart kid and family. Probably goes back to Geno Smith. People have seen Miami start out fast and then fall apart. Happened under everyone of our pats coaches. He wants to make sure we are for real, and I think Mario and staff are up to the challenger.

That right there worries me tbh. Gives me Pat Surtain vibes. I'm all in on the Carr momentum. Feel like Smith is appeasing his homies.

JC....He just turned 18yrs old....

All the more reason to have a legit plan B for 2024. ... I'm not trying to pick an argument with you at all, btw. I don't think a QB commit right now matters in landing Smith or any other WR recruit, because I am certain Mario and Dawson will have a quality QB ready to go next season, and I think recruits will get that. ... I do have doubts about Smith, but it's not because of the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back