2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]JoJo says "what about me?" We do have the number 3 WR committed. I get it, JS is one of the best WR recruits in a little bit .. but I think the point stands.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]We have 2 really good WRs committed in Chance and JoJo but we need to keep that room stocked. I just am hesitant to believe we can land Carr JoJo and Chance AND sign Smith but I know their skillsets are different[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
The argument isn't thats it's the only factor or even the biggest factor. He mentioned that it would help. Are you still opposed to that line of thought?
Not at all. I do believe that as the CFB landscape continues to evolve/devolve (depending on one's perspective), that this specific argument (that is assessing the current Qbs on the roster and committed) will become less and less relevant.

JoJo says "what about me?" We do have the number 3 WR committed. I get it, JS is one of the best WR recruits in a little bit .. but I think the point stands.
This is the Jeremiah Smith thread though and he’s the best WR prospect in the country. Of course we’re going to be excited about the idea of signing him and this is the appropriate place to talk about it.

We play 3-4 WRs at a time so I’m sure JoJo would be pumped for us to keep his friend too and have them continue slicing up defenses together in the crib for another 3 years

That's not the point. What % of 5 star WRs sign with 3* QB commits? That would be the counter argument.

First of all, we are months before "signing".

As for current commits...

---Bryant Wesco is committed to Clemson, which currently has no QB committed.
---Ryan Wingo is likely going to Mizzou, but could go to Texas. Both schools have a 3-star QB commit.
---Cameron Coleman is commited to aTm, which has TWO 4-star non-Top-300 QB commits.
---Micah Hudson is committed to Texas Tech, which has a 4-star non-Top-300 QB commit.

To reiterate, we are over 2 months away from Signing Day. There are 29 blue-chip QBs who have given verbals to 27 schools. Plenty of targets and plenty of time.

---WE HAVE A 2025 QB COMMIT WHO IS LITERALLY ONE SPOT AWAY FROM A 4-STAR COMPOSITE RATING. ONE SPOT.
---We have 2 highly-rated/highly-regarded QBs on the roster.
---We are going after a 2nd QB in this class and a Portal transfer QB.
---We have a great OL and we have pretty darn good RB/WR/TE talent.

If you think that the reason we are not (currently) getting Jeremiah Smith is because he doesn't (currently) have a Miami blue-chip QB classmate, then you are just nuts.

First of all, we are months before "signing".

As for current commits...

---Bryant Wesco is committed to Clemson, which currently has no QB committed.
---Ryan Wingo is likely going to Mizzou, but could go to Texas. Both schools have a 3-star QB commit.
---Cameron Coleman is commited to aTm, which has TWO 4-star non-Top-300 QB commits.
---Micah Hudson is committed to Texas Tech, which has a 4-star non-Top-300 QB commit.

To reiterate, we are over 2 months away from Signing Day. There are 29 blue-chip QBs who have given verbals to 27 schools. Plenty of targets and plenty of time.

---WE HAVE A 2025 QB COMMIT WHO IS LITERALLY ONE SPOT AWAY FROM A 4-STAR COMPOSITE RATING. ONE SPOT.
---We have 2 highly-rated/highly-regarded QBs on the roster.
---We are going after a 2nd QB in this class and a Portal transfer QB.
---We have a great OL and we have pretty darn good RB/WR/TE talent.

If you think that the reason we are not (currently) getting Jeremiah Smith is because he doesn't (currently) have a Miami blue-chip QB classmate, then you are just nuts.
Most of those schools did sign pretty highly rated QBs last year so I think that still contributes but solid info nonetheless.

Advertisement
This is the quote I'm refferring to where I came in at.

You're full of it. That's not where you came in.

You actually came in AFTER that quote to argue with MY response to that particular poster, so that you could pick a fight with me.

You're a liar. That's not where you came in.

You actually came in AFTER that quote to argue with MY response to that particular poster, so that you could pick a fight with me.
I assume this made sense when you hit the orange button but yes I came in after the quote I responded to I agree.

Most of those schools did sign pretty highly rated QBs last year so I think that still contributes but solid info nonetheless.

OK. So we have a true freshman who is already the second-stringer behind a QB who will be drafted. And we have a 2025 commit who is one spot from being a blue-chipper.

And my response was to a guy who said we need a blue-chipper NOW in order to get Smith's interest.

WE ALREADY HAVE SMITH'S INTEREST. If not more.

So maybe, just maybe, we need fewer UM "fans" that self-flagellate over not having a higher-rated QB AT THIS EXACT MOMENT. And that is not a statement directed to YOU, but to another person. And you didn't need to try to pick a fight over it.

Otherwise, you actually AGREE WITH ME that we don't need a blue-chip recruit in the exact same class when we sign a 5-star WR. Appreciated.

Advertisement
OK. So we have a true freshman who is already the second-stringer behind a QB who will be drafted. And we have a 2025 commit who is one spot from being a blue-chipper.

And my response was to a guy who said we need a blue-chipper NOW in order to get Smith's interest.

WE ALREADY HAVE SMITH'S INTEREST. If not more.

So maybe, just maybe, we need fewer UM "fans" that self-flagellate over not having a higher-rated QB AT THIS EXACT MOMENT. And that is not a statement directed to YOU, but to another person. And you didn't need to try to pick a fight over it.
I'm not going to get into an Emory Williams debate. I get it he is a proven commodity in CIS land.

Fair enough. There are a bunch of 5-star WRs this year, but we're really only targeting one heavily (I guess you could also include Wingo).

But there are also some AMAZING 4-sar WRs out there, and we'll get our share. Even with "only Judd".

I'm not going to get into an Emory Williams debate. I get it he is a proven commodity in CIS land.

I didn't say "proven commodity". He is getting true-freshman experience that might, JUST MIGHT, put him ahead on the development curve over "five star QBs" at other schools who are riding the bench.

Clearly, it's up to each WR to make a determination of best-fit. But we have a good OC, a good system, good results (4 games), and good talent at OL, RB, WR, and TE. So it's a situation where highly-rated QBs will be lining up soon.

I didn't say "proven commodity". He is getting true-freshman experience that might, JUST MIGHT, put him ahead on the development curve over "five star QBs" at other schools who are riding the bench.

Clearly, it's up to each WR to make a determination of best-fit. But we have a good OC, a good system, good results (4 games), and good talent at OL, RB, WR, and TE. So it's a situation where highly-rated QBs will be lining up soon.
🤞🏾

Advertisement
The OC is the biggest recruiter of skill players. We had Gattis, poverty. Get rid of Gattis, bring in Dawson....not so much.

We about to flip UGA WR, that is from the state of GA. UGA has a 5 star, #1 player in the nation committed to them, he is a QB. How? Judd?

All we can ask, for now.

Well, that, and an 80% reduction in knee-jerk negativity. We still need to play hard and win games. But one-third of the way into the year, we are developing players, winning games, and showing off new approaches to things like scoring and tackling.

Advertisement
We’ll be more than fine at WR and QB. I don’t see what the fuss is all about lol
Season 1 Episode 24 GIF by Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back