2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The coaches love him. Kosar ranted and raved about him. @Brooklyndee likes him as well.

None of that matters till the lights come on Saturday night and you're starting a game, facing a very good defense.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot to like so far and I know the coaches think very highly of him. But that is the one position where really nothing you do in practice, a camp, mop-up duty, the film room....none of that matters at all till it's 3rd and 7 and you got 2 dudes creeping into the A-gap in the 4th quarter of a tight conference game. Then we'll know what we've got. Not before, no matter how impressive he's been to this point. But he has been impressive, I'll give him that.

The irony here can't go unspoken.
Agreed. Just figured since it was you who brought up your cousin the 5 star 2023 wr recruit that you'd want to back up that argument by showing what elite QB recruit was in the same class as him wherever he chose to sign. Not asking about u. But Kool. No pressure. For the threads sake I'll say I strongly disagree that a wr recruit is so focused on the QB in the class he signs with. But that only works if he has someone in that room to focus on. In our instance their is plenty of potential but zero proven at the position. Also the portal has made that far less of an emphasis as well considering you can flip a room or position in a matter of days.

None of that matters till the lights come on Saturday night and you're starting a game, facing a very good defense.

But I do agree with you that there is a lot to like so far and I know the coaches think very highly of him. But that is the one position where really nothing you do in practice, a camp, mop-up duty, the film room....none of that matters at all till it's 3rd and 7 and you got 2 dudes creeping into the A-gap in the 4th quarter of a tight conference game. Then we'll know what we've got. Not before, no matter how impressive he's been to this point. But he has been impressive, I'll give him that.

I'd also point out that some guys can look like Murda Mertz one week and Mierda Mertz the next, even after years of starting.

The key is what the recruits think. If they have confidence in any particular QB, even Emory, that's an important first step to building a solid offense.

Advertisement
[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]JoJo says "what about me?" We do have the number 3 WR committed. I get it, JS is one of the best WR recruits in a little bit .. but I think the point stands.[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(245, 245, 245)]We have 2 really good WRs committed in Chance and JoJo but we need to keep that room stocked. I just am hesitant to believe we can land Carr JoJo and Chance AND sign Smith but I know their skillsets are different[/BGCOLOR]
I’m confident now we close with Carr and Smith. Too much momentum imo especially when the media gets Miami fever and that hasn’t happened yet.

Agreed. Just figured since it was you who brought up your cousin the 5 star 2023 wr recruit that you'd want to back up that argument by showing what elite QB recruit was in the same class as him wherever he chose to sign. Not asking about u. But Kool. No pressure. For the threads sake I'll say I strongly disagree that a wr recruit is so focused on the QB in the class he signs with. But that only works if he has someone in that room to focus on. In our instance their is plenty of potential but zero proven at the position. Also the portal has made that far less of an emphasis as well considering you can flip a room or position in a matter of days.
I'm not proud.

Most of those schools did sign pretty highly rated QBs last year so I think that still contributes but solid info nonetheless.
You can't make any reasonable comments regarding the WR class until December. Top recruits STATED in the Spring that a). They were interested b). Wanted to see how the new offense works out c). Wanted to see how the season progressed. Lot of kids were concerned about the "Gattis" disaster and need reassurance. They are getting it. This class will have surprises and studs. Let the team win on the field and let Mario do his 7 day per week recruiting. Comment time is after signing day.

This board is hysterical at times.

When we land a stud QB, all the talk is about how many wide receivers want to play with that guy.

When we don't land a stud at QB, it doesn't matter.

Every recruit has a different way og determining what is the right landing spot. You'd be a fool to not consider a ton of factors. If you're a WR, you'd be more comfortable with a school that's signed on paper an elite QB and hopefully has a few already sitting on the shelf.

Things can change in the blink of an eye with rosters these days. At such a valuable position, it can be changed overnight. Still, to act like it's a non-factor is asinine as most don't bet on the unknown.

We'll keep chipping away and hopefully change his mind. What that deciding factor will be if he does switch it up could have seven things associated with it.

There's a lot of unknowns at this point and I'm laughing at those who act like they're spitting truth with the future already set in stone. It's one thing to say we're trying to address some things, but until they are, it's still a question mark.

Advertisement
I wanna take the time out to say someone reached out to me about my Emory talk recently and it’s someone I highly respect so I’m more bullish on the kid now too. I trust people smarter than me lol so I’m sorry for anything I said before I’m excited to see the kid

I wanna take the time out to say someone reached out to me about my Emory talk recently and it’s someone I highly respect so I’m more bullish on the kid now too. I trust people smarter than me lol so I’m sorry for anything I said before I’m excited to see the kid
Word is he's left Brown in the dust........

Advertisement
I would also think/hope any top notch WR would look at the big men up front. You can be the best WR out there with any QB, but if you have no line, the 5* WR will be doing nothing but maybe a WR screen, etc.

Biggest difference in a long time is the amount of time our trench guys have given TVD to throw. He can eat lunch and relax back there before he throws the ball right now. Not worrying about getting your head taken off means a lot, and TVD has great results so far. All you have to do is watch the previous games this season.

It is so enjoyable watching again. Like the Big East days where we just about crushed everyone. Actually, Ken Dorsey was one of our greats because of this. I think he did not take a sack the one season, but I could be exaggerating............. maybe he took one!

Advertisement
This is the Jeremiah Smith thread though and he’s the best WR prospect in the country. Of course we’re going to be excited about the idea of signing him and this is the appropriate place to talk about it.

We play 3-4 WRs at a time so I’m sure JoJo would be pumped for us to keep his friend too and have them continue slicing up defenses together in the crib for another 3 years
I am not sure you got what I was saying in response to the other guy. I was responding to him cause he said we couldn't land JS without a better QB locked in. I am saying we got JoJo committed without what he was saying we need to get a top WR recruit.

I am not sure you got what I was saying in response to the other guy. I was responding to him cause he said we couldn't land JS without a better QB locked in. I am saying we got JoJo committed without what he was saying we need to get a top WR recruit.
He didnt say couldn't.

Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back