JARREN WILLIAMS IS THE STARTER

Advertisement
I’m not tryna be negative..just being real..even tho I’ve clowned perry b4 about his actions and lack of preparing and taking the seriously he have experience..with Tate I always found his game intriguing just because of his playmaker ability, and him coming from Ohio state and that experience as winner dating back to HS. I knew at the very least he’d be well prepared and the stage would definitely not be too big for him...now for Jarren I have nothing but props for him for coming out on top, but it’s going to be the growing pains of him being a first time starter, unless of course he is a jamies Winston type of guy, which I doubt cause I’d he was this would’ve been decided..if my take comes off as negative my bad, just my experience and opinion from watching years of CFB.

Lastly, and I continuously harped on this last season, but if we don’t get this Oline mess figured out it’s gonna hinder whoever it is back there, and even more so with Jarren cause he lacks game experience of operation a Offense. Top that with us breaking in a first year starter at center too..With all that said I’ll never be one to bash a starting QB no matter who it is for us. We all behind Jarren
[/QUOTE
I’m not tryna be negative..just being real..even tho I’ve clowned perry b4 about his actions and lack of preparing and taking the seriously he have experience..with Tate I always found his game intriguing just because of his playmaker ability, and him coming from Ohio state and that experience as winner dating back to HS. I knew at the very least he’d be well prepared and the stage would definitely not be too big for him...now for Jarren I have nothing but props for him for coming out on top, but it’s going to be the growing pains of him being a first time starter, unless of course he is a jamies Winston type of guy, which I doubt cause I’d he was this would’ve been decided..if my take comes off as negative my bad, just my experience and opinion from watching years of CFB.

Lastly, and I continuously harped on this last season, but if we don’t get this Oline mess figured out it’s gonna hinder whoever it is back there, and even more so with Jarren cause he lacks game experience of operation a Offense. Top that with us breaking in a first year starter at center too..With all that said I’ll never be one to bash a starting QB no matter who it is for us. We all behind Jarren
I get your concerns especially with the offensive linemen but this is all of their1st time in this offense so I don't know how big of an advantage any of em had. If they did, feel good about how QB15 battled through that and came on top. Im not saying you're wrong for your feelings either, just giving you something to look at. IDK where to see the vid but coach is talking bout the scrimmage, when they show QB15 roll left out of the pockett from pressure and hit TE85 on the money over a DB for a TD and watch how the whole sideline ran in the endzone and celebrated, QB15 looked like the leader of that team.🙌🏾

Advertisement
Tate has a better shot at the NFL as a slot receiver. Also, with NFL roster spots at a super premium, he becomes very valuable as the third string emergency QB.
Tate can be of value this year. With his stout frame and running ability, we could use him in a goal line package. Like Tim Tebow's freshman year.

All bets are off, I’ll assume tate stays for the season for sure(girlfriend, his boys Jordan, bolden, Phillips and other friends on the team being there etc). And we may even see a position change who knows and can be like Julian Edelman who had the same type of athletic profile as tate and he just plays his career out here. If he still wants to be qb then obviously he transfers elsewhere after the season. Perry I can See entering the transfer portal at any moment. I think USF would be a good landing spot for him.
So by your logic we would have either a redshirt freshmen or true freshman as the back up QB next year.....

As for a position change, he wouldn’t ever see the field in the slot so why would he ever see it in the pros. He’s not nearly the athlete Edelman is....

If I am Martell I am transferring out not because he didn’t get the nod to be the starter but because he wasn’t told everything before he chose to come here. He was shown special packages tailored to him etc. while being recruited but wasn’t told they were going to totally *** with his mechanics and finger placement as well. I guarantee if he had been given that info to begin with he would not have chosen us and I expect to see his name in the portal very soon along with Perry.
I bet Tua was ****ed when Enos made him do all that as well, oh wait he just got better. It’s crazy how some of y’all come up with idiotic things like this, Enos job is to make QBs better and that starts with fixing their mechanics.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So our own fans are going to Martell's social media to start stuff with him. Good grief, these people should be -- in the words of Larry Merchant' -- pistol whipped

Best case scenario is that UM blows people out and that all the QBs' can get some snaps.

again, with this Oline, everyone should understand that they are a play or two from getting called out of the bullpen

He definitely helped his self out getting in better shape and condition I think his 40 time can get closer to 4.6 ish if he keeps getting his body right. I was just saying he already looked good as a runner and in the pocket before he got to Miami.
Naw he good where he at we got Tate for running

Is anyone else just as relieved that we won't have to suffer through anymore asinine, "Who's gonna start?", threads as they are about having a QB to rally behind?

They wont stop, there are rumblings already about packages for Tate or who the backup is.
Those threads will take over the first page pretty soon.

Advertisement
I'm comforted by this move and the decision to play the two freshmen tackles.

Let them cut their teeth and take your lumps now.

Too many times in the past we have played the "experienced but untalented" guy over the "talented but inexperienced guy" because of fear.

The results are usually not much better than if you set the youngins loose and you lose out on the potential upside that they actually step up and play to their talent.

So our own fans are going to Martell's social media to start stuff with him. Good grief, these people should be -- in the words of Larry Merchant' -- pistol whipped

Best case scenario is that UM blows people out and that all the QBs' can get some snaps.

again, with this Oline, everyone should understand that they are a play or two from getting called out of the bullpen
So you dont think its talented enough?

Advertisement
Back