JARREN WILLIAMS IS THE STARTER

Advertisement
UMM, it will be nothing compared to the blitz happy defense he faces in practice, everyday. #Hesprepared

It certainly will. They aren't trying to take his head off. They get called off before a sack, so he doesn't have to worry about getting hit. There will be none of that 8/24

IMG_20190812_130346.jpg

It all makes sense now. He's the only one who can save us lol. Well, let the showdown begin!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn’t have a favorite so this isn’t about Manny’s choice for QB1.

This is about the way he handled this thing. Held a true competition. Gave all 3 a blueprint to follow with an equal opportunity. Let all 3 battle it out against the 1s. Said when the decision would be made & made a decision. None of that hesitant, second guessing scared stuff of the past.

Next test is how he keeps the backups engaged, even though that’s why Enos is getting over $1 mil a year.

I’m hoping we have the right guy but I don’t have to hope about the leadership of this team. We are gonna be aggressive & decisive. We might F up but we’ll do it going 100 MPH! I also hope for and expect a package for Tate or DJ to help ease the pressure early into this thing.

Let’s ride!
Admittedly I was team Tate but it was a true competition and the best man won and In the end of the day that’s what we all wanted. Now after watching that video of junior and the big dog explaining Enos spread coast offense then it’s as clear as crystal who the best choice was and that’s jarren because In that offense the absolute
Most important thing is accuracy to get it to your playmakers on short routes and
Let them do the damage after the catch! And when you have elite skill players like we do, then that’s a recipe for success. And if enos is what we think he is and this thing works, no one can touch us in the acc but Clemson.

Last edited:
Not saying he's gonna be Trevor Lawrence, but I remember watching Jarren in the All America game and he played better than Lawrence. Kid's got talent. I was shocked at how bad Lawrence was, but that was proven to be a one off.

So Jarren better than Trevor Lawrance??

:oops:

Advertisement
I've known this for a while now

it was amusing seeing the board going bananas about the 3 qb's, but **** it got old and i'm glad it's over..

@D RevLee

I’m not tryna be negative..just being real..even tho I’ve clowned perry b4 about his actions and lack of preparing and taking the seriously he have experience..with Tate I always found his game intriguing just because of his playmaker ability, and him coming from Ohio state and that experience as winner dating back to HS. I knew at the very least he’d be well prepared and the stage would definitely not be too big for him...now for Jarren I have nothing but props for him for coming out on top, but it’s going to be the growing pains of him being a first time starter, unless of course he is a jamies Winston type of guy, which I doubt cause I’d he was this would’ve been decided..if my take comes off as negative my bad, just my experience and opinion from watching years of CFB.

Lastly, and I continuously harped on this last season, but if we don’t get this Oline mess figured out it’s gonna hinder whoever it is back there, and even more so with Jarren cause he lacks game experience of operation a Offense. Top that with us breaking in a first year starter at center too..With all that said I’ll never be one to bash a starting QB no matter who it is for us. We all behind Jarren
I actually didnt mean to post that part to you. I started to, then decided not to post it, but it populated back in when I went to respond to that other guy. What I was saying to you tho is it seems really silly to think tate and/or perry could have absolutely outperformed Williams all camp and then the staff just disregards all of that because of one single scrimmage. That just doesnt make sense. And so many of the pro-Tate camp are on here this morning casting a negative cloud onto the Williams news. "So itll be Williams with packages for tate", "I'm sure williams will have a short leash", "i am happy for Williams, but...." etc etc etc. Its stupid. It's a byproduct of how tribed up so many of our fans had become. But you havent been one of them like that, which is why I realized it was dumb to respond to you directly when my post was really angled at other people. So I deleted it, but then it posted anyways. My bad.

I would point out to you though that you express concerns about jarren not having any starting experience. Well, tate didnt either, so that's one and the same, right? Tate really didnt have any more ingame experience at the college level than Williams does. Nothing that matters anyhow.

Agree 100% with your comment re the o-line. No matter who is under center, that o-line has got to step up and be competent. Theyll be thrown into the fire in two weeks, that's for sure. I'm confident Enos will help scheme some of that away though.

really couldn't have said it better.... I personally thot tate was going to win. Happy we finally got a guy though finally got a QB1
Yeah..bottom line is we have 2 guys who we know can come in and make plays..and the 3rd kid beat them both out. So the QB room is in the best shape it’s been for a long time. That’s assuming Tate and Perry don’t dip

Advertisement
i’m actually surprised they announced it- thought they’d take it all the way up to gameday. then again, it’s not like there’s any film on jarren for florida to study, lol.
Exactly. I was hoping to take it up to the coin toss but there isn’t anything to study so I think that’s why Diaz announced it.

Advertisement
All bets are off, I’ll assume tate stays for the season for sure(girlfriend, his boys Jordan, bolden, Phillips and other friends on the team being there etc). And we may even see a position change who knows and can be like Julian Edelman who had the same type of athletic profile as tate and he just plays his career out here. If he still wants to be qb then obviously he transfers elsewhere after the season. Perry I can See entering the transfer portal at any moment. I think USF would be a good landing spot for him.
Tate has a better shot at the NFL as a slot receiver. Also, with NFL roster spots at a super premium, he becomes very valuable as the third string emergency QB.

Yeah he became a 5* with terrible accuracy. The kid could sling it just fine. I’m just saying if I were him, I would move on to a system that worked for me instead of having how I played pretty much my entire life changed and expected to excel in such a short amount of time. Has nothing to do with competition or being the starter.
The reason they started working on his mechanics is because right off the start he was showing terrible accuracy problems.

Lol.

Been wading through the quagmire of the Jarren tweet thread and missed the biggest news of the offseason.

Congrats to Jarren. Thanks for the hard work and dedication. Keep grinding and stay poised, no matter if we are up 21 or down 21.

N’Kosi and Tate, we appreciate the effort keep working and stay focused. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Be ready.

I’m stoked af.

The wait is OVER!

Let’s get it, Canes!

Advertisement
Back