JARREN WILLIAMS IS THE STARTER

ads.gif

Advertisement
I guess Rivals just doesn’t have a clue. You don’t need a perfect spiral just ask Dorsey.

So let me get this straight... you're on here today putting forth that Martell's throwing mechanics were great as is, but Enos just decided to unnecessarily tweak it for no reason and messed it all up? The Enos that has a reputation for being really good with QBs. You realize how dumb that sounds, right?

Last edited:
Nothing Jarren can do to help himself more than beating the Gators on 8/24. His time at Miami is just beginning and if he wants to cement his legacy here, beating UF is the best way to start his career. Not every UM QB gets that opportunity, he needs to take advantage and come out ready to light it up.

They were working on altering his grip and motion BECAUSE he was struggling so bad with throwing spirals. Jesus. Smh
Exactly. Canez1 is acting like they ruined his accuracy by working on his mechanics. From the first days of his practices reports were his accuracy was terrible and he mechanics were all out of whack. They didn't just decide to work on him because they thought his throws weren't pretty enough.

Advertisement
He wasn’t.
That doesn't even make sense. What "facts" were not provided to him? It's a fact that any QB is going to be coached to improve accuracy and mechanics. If he was expecting to just come and be allowed to sling the ball however he wants, especially after all early practice reports were that his throws were all over the place except where they were supposed to be, then he'd be wrong. Though I don't get the impression that he's going to make the silly excuses for himself that you seem to want to make for him.

I actually didnt mean to post that part to you. I started to, then decided not to post it, but it populated back in when I went to respond to that other guy. What I was saying to you tho is it seems really silly to think tate and/or perry could have absolutely outperformed Williams all camp and then the staff just disregards all of that because of one single scrimmage. That just doesnt make sense. And so many of the pro-Tate camp are on here this morning casting a negative cloud onto the Williams news. "So itll be Williams with packages for tate", "I'm sure williams will have a short leash", "i am happy for Williams, but...." etc etc etc. Its stupid. It's a byproduct of how tribed up so many of our fans had become. But you havent been one of them like that, which is why I realized it was dumb to respond to you directly when my post was really angled at other people. So I deleted it, but then it posted anyways. My bad.

I would point out to you though that you express concerns about jarren not having any starting experience. Well, tate didnt either, so that's one and the same, right? Tate really didnt have any more ingame experience at the college level than Williams does. Nothing that matters anyhow.

Agree 100% with your comment re the o-line. No matter who is under center, that o-line has got to step up and be competent. Theyll be thrown into the fire in two weeks, that's for sure. I'm confident Enos will help scheme some of that away though.
No Pressure. If Jarren came out on top I’m all for it. I just hope that it wasn’t just based on that last scrimmage. You always hoped one of the 3 would just grab the spot leaving no doubt. And hey who’s to say Jarren didn’t do just that..only the staff knows. I personally would’ve felt better if jaren balled in the spring and left absolutely no doubt..but **** I’m just a fan lol

Advertisement
So is this a Jarren #1 with Tate packages throughout? I could see that.

I could also see a short leash for UF and if one struggles, next guy up type thing. With the 4 game redshirt rule now, these guys have a live bullet trial period to see who really is the starter, similar to Clemson last year.

Jarren always had the most upside and pure QB skill. It was obvious on tape. The mental/maturity part and acclimating to the college game was the only piece holding him back.
What are you talking about? Redshirting is not a relevant option for any of these guys.

If I am Martell I am transferring out not because he didn’t get the nod to be the starter but because he wasn’t told everything before he chose to come here. He was shown special packages tailored to him etc. while being recruited but wasn’t told they were going to totally *** with his mechanics and finger placement as well. I guarantee if he had been given that info to begin with he would not have chosen us and I expect to see his name in the portal very soon along with Perry.

So he’s mad cuz the coaches coached?

The reason they started working on his mechanics is because right off the start he was showing terrible accuracy problems.

They had plenty of film before hand while they were recruiting him. I’m just saying they should have been straight with the kid from the beginning and let that be a factor in where he chose to transfer.

Advertisement
That doesn't even make sense. What "facts" were not provided to him? It's a fact that any QB is going to be coached to improve accuracy and mechanics. If he was expecting to just come and be allowed to sling the ball however he wants, especially after all early practice reports were that his throws were all over the place except where they were supposed to be, then he'd be wrong. Though I don't get the impression that he's going to make the silly excuses for himself that you seem to want to make for him.
@dk72 shhhhhh. hunny. hunny. Linda, Linda, listen. listen. He wasn't geven all tha FACTS. He wasn't.

They had plenty of film before hand while they were recruiting him. I’m just saying they should have been straight with the kid from the beginning and let that be a factor in where he chose to transfer.
How were they not straight with the kid? What kind of nonsensical reasoning are you applying to claim they weren't? They coached the kid. It's what college coaches do to college kids. It's what any college player would expect. He showed accuracy problems. They worked on his accuracy problems.

Advertisement
He got to think smart about it for his possible nfl career. He’s a great athlete and he can do some things with the ball in his hands
Put a lot of thought into this.

Doesn't look good to GMs that when the "going gets tough, the tough go."

Advertisement
Back