2025 Jarquez Carter 4* DT from Newberry, FL commits to OSU

Oh, good catch. Max's HUDL is impressive, too. At what level is Sanford Seminole classified? First play on Max's HUDL is him pulling on a WR screen. Seems like a good fit for us, lol.
Max was stonewalling guys at that camp. Carter might of been one of the only guys to get him.

Buchanon is top of the list for my guard recruit in state... him and Solomon Thomas.

Sanford (or Bokey) as they call it plays the best of the best outside of south florida.

Last year they played ...Osceola (Melendez our lb commit school), Treasure Coast (tough out that beat them) Rockledge (always solid), Cocoa ( Beast program essentially beat st thomas aquinas last year and they cheated them) Vero Beach, Apopka (solid schools ) and lost to Jacksonville Mandarin who went to states

Advertisement
Advertisement
Max was stonewalling guys at that camp. Carter might of been one of the only guys to get him.

Buchanon is top of the list for my guard recruit in state... him and Solomon Thomas.

Sanford (or Bokey) as they call it plays the best of the best outside of south florida.

Seems like positive news has picked back up with Buchanon….For a while there it looked like we were fading, FSU and others ahead.

I'm a fan of his too, he's a kid that I could see basically ending up anywhere up and down the OL…This class imo would be a nice haul, and of course you always round up OL with our coaching combo and this is the one position where you trust their eye

C SJA
G Meux (True road grader guard)
G Buchanon (Versatile at all 5 positions possibly)
T Wilkerson and Campbell (Developmental kids that, especially in the case of Cambell, you can kick inside if tackled doesn't't work)

Moten-6'3 320
Horton-6'5 308
Scott-6'4 300
Jones-6'4 290
Blount-6'3 275
Carter-6'2 280
One more high school recruit

We have enough big bodies to add a Carter type DT.

I think Blount will be around 290 ish, and Jones could be 310 ish.
Isn’t jones already around that 310 range

Advertisement
I know the bench press is a bit scoffed at for how it translates into a football field but 27 reps at 225 is impressive for a young big kid. It shows some good muscular endurance
That would’ve been the 6th most by a DT in this current draft. Byron Murphy did 28 and he was the first DT off the board. To do that before senior year of HS is unbelievable. Elite strength

Advertisement
That would’ve been the 6th most by a DT in this current draft. Byron Murphy did 28 and he was the first DT off the board. To do that before senior year of HS is unbelievable. Elite strength
I’m biased but kids working hard in the weight room in high school is a big deal for me. Doesn’t necessarily translate into great football players but it shows discipline at a young age

You know I agree and I was just kidding. There were some weightlifting warriors in the past who didn't do anything on the field. But at the very least it shows the guy has the necessary strength and is willing to put in the work.

Advertisement
Ya Adirika is likely off to PSU. Has the feel that UM to choose to go another direction. Weird recruitment.

damnit I wanted him since last years Central vs Chaminade game. If thats true I wish him the best of luck

Last year they played ...Osceola (Melendez our lb commit school), Treasure Coast (tough out that beat them) Rockledge (always solid), Cocoa ( Beast program essentially beat st thomas aquinas last year and they cheated them) Vero Beach, Apopka (solid schools ) and lost to Jacksonville Mandarin who went to states
Thanks, man! Outstanding stuff.

Advertisement
Back