2025 Jarquez Carter 4* DT from Newberry, FL commits to OSU

Would be nice to get some verified measurables from whatever event this is. He is a twitched up 3T so height/length isn’t everything, but would be nice for him to be at least 6’1. If he can live in that 285-295 range and maintain that twitch and leverage while getting the necessary strength to play on this level, he could be an issue down the road.

Advertisement
Would be nice to get some verified measurables from whatever event this is. He is a twitched up 3T so height/length isn’t everything, but would be nice for him to be at least 6’1. If he can live in that 285-295 range and maintain that twitch and leverage while getting the necessary strength to play on this level, he could be an issue down the road.
check his 3 quick reps......

whats the board look like for DT? Is it

Jarquez Carter
Myron Charles
Floyd Boucard
Randy Adrika
Derry Norris
Walter Mathis
Elijah Griffin

Can someone rank them/whats our shot with these names?

whats the board look like for DT? Is it

Jarquez Carter
Myron Charles
Floyd Boucard
Randy Adrika
Derry Norris
Walter Mathis
Elijah Griffin

Can someone rank them/whats our shot with these names?
Sounds like Adirika is out. I don’t believe there is much traction with Charles. Boucard is a ? unfortunately.

The rest seem to be in play even though there is about a 2% chance that Griffin doesn’t end up at UGA. We need some more fire power and size here, especially after the big class we just signed. That’s how you get ahead and a spot becomes a strength. Long way to go though and I have no doubt that we are communicating with Griffin daily but we are going to have to win the ACC IMO to even begin to have a real chance there.

Sounds like Adirika is out. I don’t believe there is much traction with Charles. Boucard is a ? unfortunately.

The rest seem to be in play even though there is about a 2% chance that Griffith doesn’t end up at UGA. We need some more fire power and size here, especially after the big class we just signed. That’s how you get ahead and a spot becomes a strength. Long way to go though and I have no doubt that we are communicating with Griffith daily but we are going to have to win the ACC IMO to even begin to have a real chance there.

Wait what? A day ago it looked like he was coming off a visit high and was going to commit. Guys on podcasts were saying he was the one getting to the QB when all the attention was on Blount last season. WTF happened?

And Boucars is no longer a top target too, correct? Something about an injury?

Advertisement
Wait what? A day ago it looked like he was coming off a visit high and was going to commit. Guys on podcasts were saying he was the one getting to the QB when all the attention was on Blount last season. WTF happened?

And Boucars is no longer a top target too, correct? Something about an injury?

Ya Adirika is likely off to PSU. Has the feel that UM to choose to go another direction. Weird recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moten-6'3 320
Horton-6'5 308
Scott-6'4 300
Jones-6'4 290
Blount-6'3 275
Carter-6'2 280
One more high school recruit

We have enough big bodies to add a Carter type DT.

I think Blount will be around 290 ish, and Jones could be 310 ish.
Jones is already over 300 might be closer to 315. If anything he needs to trim down/tighten up

Advertisement
Dude holds his weight (~300) really well for being on the shorter side.
just like not comparing him to but Aaron Donald and Grady Jarret are guys that hold real well...Donald looks like he is 220 its crazy as ****.

I think thats what they were looking to get with guys like Marley Cook and Gore. I dont think Gore ever had that body type but Cook has a chance. Gore still had a solid dare i say game or 2 here.

Carter floor is higher than both of those guys imo...more so closer to Kancey

FIRST REP HE BEAT MAX BUCHANON Who i think should be an interior priority for us. Thats when iw as like sh*t this kid has the hand work down....he is technical already.

Hes gonna be the dt u just hate having to deal with.
Oh, good catch. Max's HUDL is impressive, too. At what level is Sanford Seminole classified? First play on Max's HUDL is him pulling on a WR screen. Seems like a good fit for us, lol.

FIRST REP HE BEAT MAX BUCHANON Who i think should be an interior priority for us. Thats when iw as like sh*t this kid has the hand work down....he is technical already.

Hes gonna be the dt u just hate having to deal with.
Yeah buddy looks real good. Finally watched his tape. With the size we have now and have been recruiting, this is the kind of guy you take a swing at that may not have the ideal measurables.

Advertisement
Back