2025 Jarquez Carter 4* DT from Newberry, FL commits to OSU

Advertisement
You know I agree and I was just kidding. There were some weightlifting warriors in the past who didn't do anything on the field. But at the very least it shows the guy has the necessary strength and is willing to put in the work.
I wouldn’t recruit kids based off their weight room numbers, but if they show they can play ball I’d definitely have the DT benching 350+ than somebody who only benches 275 coming in

@DMoney in the June 28, 2024 Bank

The DT board is more up-in-the-air than Crystal Balls would indicate.....There is good momentum with Jarquez Carter (Newberry) but that is also a battle.

I’m biased but kids working hard in the weight room in high school is a big deal for me. Doesn’t necessarily translate into great football players but it shows discipline at a young age
While weight room strength does not always translate into playing strength, it certainly has never hurt a football player to be strong in the weight room.

Advertisement
Committing July 18th

prayer GIF

Advertisement
Got a couple forecasts on Rivals to Ohio State.

He visited there, too, right?

Could be just a couple reads from him at the 5* event.

Advertisement

Dude, I hope you are right. This kid is comparable in talent to the guys we grabbed last cycle. He plays with violence and force. Was regularly splitting double teams, the RB blocker and still getting to the QB in his HUDL highlights. Doesn't just tackle, he swallows the ball carrier up. He's also relentless, runs downfield to get in on tackles on the other side of the center, doesn't take the play off.

Dude, I hope you are right. This kid is comparable in talent to the guys we grabbed last cycle. He plays with violence and force. Was regularly splitting double teams, the RB blocker and still getting to the QB in his HUDL highlights. Doesn't just tackle, he swallows the ball carrier up. He's also relentless, runs downfield to get in on tackles on the other side of the center, doesn't take the play off.
His film is insane good, and like you said added on to what we got last cycle just gonna have wild good depth on d-line

Advertisement
Finally yall coming around.

#1 3 tech on the board for me.

Must get
I think at this point probably best we can hope for is:

DT: Elijah Griffin, Jarquez Carter, Randy Adirika or Floyd Boucard.
EDGE: Iose Epenesa, Herbert Scroggins, and maybe 1 more like Tylon Lee or Javeon Campbell or something.

That'd be pretty elite. I think odds are we don't get Griffin though. And maybe get Carter, Adirika, and maybe 2 more DTs like Walter Mathis.

Advertisement
Back