Jake to the portal

Advertisement
Not surprised…. He wasn’t going to sit behind TVD for another year.
I agree.... I thought he would be gone in the first wave of guys out .... But yea, Tyler coming back for another year sealed the deal.... Hopefully for Jake a change of scenery will do him good.... He's got a ton of tools...He should be ok...

Advertisement
Wish the kid well but let’s not act like he was the second coming of Joe Montana. Do think we need to look for another qb in the portal for depth.
No one has ever acted like that even before he stepped foot on campus. Many did crown him over Tvd before Tvd tore it up in 2021 season though

Looks like Gattis will be back from vacation ..... Ponce and Garcia bailing out..
Maybe Mario is keeping Gattis and the rest are abandoning ship...

Advertisement
I was a fan until I watched him play in a game
I’m a huge star *****
No shame in admitting
Yes gattis calls horrible plays
Yes gattis route concepts make no sense
But garcia showed
His arm is no where good enough for intermediate passing
He has not clue what he’s doing half the time
He just throws to random spots
He had his chance to win the job
He’s a backup at best
This hurts depth wise
But if he is the starter after tvd we would be taking a big step back

I know, the portal, got a new kid coming this class, etc.

Right now though, today, on paper, our QB room is scary as ****. We've got one guy in TVD who can play at this level. Besides him, the room is levels below. We've never been further from our past moniker, QBU.

Well, I can't blame him at this point for leaving. I'm surprised it took this long if I'm being honest. Good luck wherever you land.

Advertisement
He has a day to join somewhere to be ready for spring ball.... he has already decided where. My guess is App State

Advertisement
I know, the portal, got a new kid coming this class, etc.

Right now though, today, on paper, our QB room is scary as ****. We've got one guy in TVD who can play at this level. Besides him, the room is levels below. We've never been further from our past moniker, QBU.

Well, I can't blame him at this point for leaving. I'm surprised it took this long if I'm being honest. Good luck wherever you land.
I hear ya (and others suggesting this) but…yesterday, on paper our room was scary as **** as well

Only thing that we lose was a star ranking

So nothing has really changed for me

Looks like Gattis will be back from vacation ..... Ponce and Garcia bailing out..
Maybe Mario is keeping Gattis and the rest are abandoning ship...

So your contention is that Mario allowed Gattis to go AWOL for a couple of weeks in a critical recruiting window when we need help on offense?

Good lord, we have an amazing assortment of ASSinine porsters on this board...

Advertisement
Back