Jake to the portal

Advertisement
So your contention is that Mario allowed Gattis to go AWOL for a couple of weeks in a critical recruiting window when we need help on offense?

Good lord, we have an amazing assortment of ASSinine porsters on this board...
Almost as asinine as officially keeping a “fired on the down low, lame duck coach” on staff during a critical recruiting window when we need help on offense ?

Also, you can’t really allow someone to go awol since it means they are gone without permission…

Advertisement
I want to still think he can play. Last year was a bad look...but he was put in bad spot, too. He had some flashes and showed some moxie...its just the bad outweighed the good by a bit.

If he went to the right G5 spot with a friendly QBC/OC...idk...he seems to want it, it may just not have been here, but he's got a little something there.

Factor this in also, Mario is really trying to upgrade our talent at EVERY position. He knows when a QB has it and when they don't at this level. Does anyone really think that if Mario and ZO thought Jake was QB1 material for the U that they would let him walk? There is no way in ****. We let him transfer because the powers that be didn't think he was good enough. Mario is a great recruiter. He would have talked Garcia into staying if he felt that he could take over next year and get us back to where we need to be.
What makes you think Mario knows anything about quarterbacks? The only good quarterbacks he’s coached, he inherited from previous staffs. None of the guys he recruited at Oregon could win the starting job and he had to start a transfer from Boston College. Mario can recruit most positions better than anyone but the next good quarterback he recruits will be his first.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I was a fan until I watched him play in a game
I’m a huge star *****
No shame in admitting
Yes gattis calls horrible plays
Yes gattis route concepts make no sense
But garcia showed
His arm is no where good enough for intermediate passing
He has not clue what he’s doing half the time
He just throws to random spots
He had his chance to win the job
He’s a backup at best
This hurts depth wise
But if he is the starter after tvd we would be taking a big step back
Am I supposed to read, rap, sing, limerick, or spoken word this?

Advertisement
Back