Jake to the portal

Advertisement
This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anyone. Garcia has shown he wants to play football and doesn't strike me as the type to be satisfied holding the clipboard all season (especially after how he was used last season). People rightly talk about the issues with the offensive scheme and playcalling, but the most inexcusable thing I saw last season was the musical chairs game at QB. Gattis/Mario/Ponce did Garcia no favors last year, and he (and Brown, and even TVD, for that matter) were often put in really bad situations straight off the bench. And I think Garcia got the worst of it.

He had flashes last season where he looked like the advertised gunslinging gamer at QB, and he had lows where he looked like Bambi at a canned hunt w/ a bunch of recon snipers. But TVD also looked uncomfortable and lost in this offense for the most part, and he was being hailed as a Heisman candidate based on 2021 right up until the 2022 games were played. Between the deficiencies and injuries on offense at OL (Zion, Justice, Clarke, Denis, Rivers, and God knows who else by the end of the season)/RB (Chaney, Citizen, and even Rooster and Parrish missing a couple games each)/WR (X, George, and Redding)/TE (Arroyo), trash play-calling and scheme, dysfunction between the OC and QB coach, and Garcia's youth, I am not prepared to write off his talent based on his admittedly poor overall play last season.

Basically, if you had the poor fortune of playing QB for UM in the last 10 games of the season, I am willing to give you a pass on your play and reserving judgment until next season. I wish Jake luck in all his future endeavors (unless he goes to FU, in which case he's dead to me and I wish him nothing but abject failure).

Think he caught a bad deal with Gattis. He committed under the assumption he would be in Lashlees offense IRRC..Fresh start would be good for him. While he got his chance against UVA..I definitely dont think hes as bad as he looked at some points in the season. Will definitely keep track of him whereever he goes.

Advertisement
His best landing spot is somewhere with a good QB developer who can get him to focus and make the right reads. He's got all the tools, he just needs that next step.

Ok, Garcia spent time at 4-5 high schools. About to venture on to second college campus. So what the over-under on the number of college programs?

i suspect jake garcia is transferring because we are bringing in another QB that he views as legitimate competition.

If Jake goes to App State, then it will be reasonable to conclude that he gets along well with Ponce.

We shall see. Gaytor FANS seem to be interested. Not sure what Slingblade Billy thinks.

Advertisement
This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to anyone. Garcia has shown he wants to play football and doesn't strike me as the type to be satisfied holding the clipboard all season (especially after how he was used last season). People rightly talk about the issues with the offensive scheme and playcalling, but the most inexcusable thing I saw last season was the musical chairs game at QB. Gattis/Mario/Ponce did Garcia no favors last year, and he (and Brown, and even TVD, for that matter) were often put in really bad situations straight off the bench. And I think Garcia got the worst of it.

He had flashes last season where he looked like the advertised gunslinging gamer at QB, and he had lows where he looked like Bambi at a canned hunt w/ a bunch of recon snipers. But TVD also looked uncomfortable and lost in this offense for the most part, and he was being hailed as a Heisman candidate based on 2021 right up until the 2022 games were played. Between the deficiencies and injuries on offense at OL (Zion, Justice, Clarke, Denis, Rivers, and God knows who else by the end of the season)/RB (Chaney, Citizen, and even Rooster and Parrish missing a couple games each)/WR (X, George, and Redding)/TE (Arroyo), trash play-calling and scheme, dysfunction between the OC and QB coach, and Garcia's youth, I am not prepared to write off his talent based on his admittedly poor overall play last season.

Basically, if you had the poor fortune of playing QB for UM in the last 10 games of the season, I am willing to give you a pass on your play and reserving judgment until next season. I wish Jake luck in all his future endeavors (unless he goes to FU, in which case he's dead to me and I wish him nothing but abject failure).
most comical thing I heard all season was gattis saying they had to have two game plans most weeks because they didn’t know who would be the starting qb…the dude couldn’t even put one decent plan together but wanted to act like he put 2 good ones together every week

Which one of them would have had the opportunity to do either
With a new OC coming in and TVD injured Jake had a chance, and Clark has been the starting Center(playing injured) for 2 years so Lee beating him out would not have been a sure thing.

With a new OC coming in and TVD injured Jake had a chance, and Clark has been the starting Center(playing injured) for 2 years so Lee beating him out would not have been a sure thing.
lol and lol. Jake saw TVD throw this week after break and said, I got no shot.

Advertisement
Yep.

Gattis. SOB couldn't be fired fast enough - and by dragging *** making a decision and taking action - Mario has complicated matters significantly.

"Oh, we need a replacement before we fire our OC." We didn't HAVE an OC!

You don't forego flushing that "floater" just because you haven't had another movement! Get rid of that ****.

Gattis has cost us dearly! Mario - as quick as a speeding slug - hasn't done himself or UM any favors by dragging everything out to the last minute!

After all, his slow decision making process upon coming on board - showed clearly - THAT detailed analysis was more like the first four letters of "ANALysis."
slug GIF
Love,.......... love........ the "as quick as a speeding slug".....just had to do this....I laughed out loud......good one..

Advertisement
Hymnal lol that had me rolling. Agreed though maybe there was something in their sauce.

Well done.............my sentiments also.........you covered all the bases.........excellent
Hand Up Home Run GIF by Cincinnati Reds

Advertisement
Back