2025 Jaime Ffrench WR Mandarin

I would of taken this dude in the class no matter anything but I dont get how hes a 5 star, I like his film but I am not blown away. Still a take though

But I am no expert

Advertisement
This is so stupid. We are ranked ahead of Ohio state and Oregon last year and Oregon this year. Most people said we had a top 3 class last year even though they take stars from kids who commit to us. This board is creating a myth about lanning. Considering we have sucked for 20 years we are going toe to toe with perennial playoff contenders.
I go off the avg rating not the class ranking

Every fanbase thinks the recruiting site hates on their team lol

What about my post is creating a myth about lanning?

What does the last 20 years have to do with my post?

“Never count out Mario, we’ll see in December”

200w.gif

Y’all need to stop it with the “Let him get away” nonsense. Miami did everything possible short of kidnapping him. Some of these kids just aren’t interested in staying home

1. It’s not “home”. He’s from Jacksonville.

2. We recruited him as hard as any other school, and as hard as any other kid in the entire class. We missed. He “got away”. As in, he’s not coming here.

3. This is a results business. Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. Period. If Miami loses tomorrow you gonna come tell us there was nothing we can do, we played our darndest, it just wasn’t our day? Nobody cares. Get it done. That’s all that matters. On the field and in recruiting. An L is an L.

Advertisement
Was ahead of osu because we had more commits. 27 to there 22. Mario also took way more 3 stars. 13 to osu 3. That what the post was talking about. This year already at 7 3 stars. The elites like the ones mentioned are taking less than 10 3 stars per class.

Bama in 2023 only had 1 3 star and he was a kicker. So that was 27 4 or 5 star guys you adding which is crazy
And just like Bama, we haven't shown a pulse on the field in 20 years.

Advertisement
I go off the avg rating not the class ranking

Every fanbase thinks the recruiting site hates on their team lol

What about my post is creating a myth about lanning?

What does the last 20 years have to do with my post?
the teams you were comparing us to do not get treated like we do by rankings sites lol. Probably cause they’re paying them.

Avg ratings will drop with us taking more players. As long as the total blue chip amount reaches a certain amount, average becomes less relevant. Especially if you are quick-ish to process kids out that don’t work. And some positions were all should just expect more 3 stars like OL. Probably at least 3 3star DLineman yearly, etc

You can imagine if you are taking 25 hs kids, well if 20 are blue chip, you’re going to have a high average. But if instead you are getting 30, but same 20 blue chip, did anything REALLY change? Especially after you factor we have an additional 20 scholarship for our roster… and the fact that only a certain amount actually play yearly… but Avg rating per recruit would drop..

the teams you were comparing us to do not get treated like we do by rankings sites lol. Probably cause they’re paying them.

Avg ratings will drop with us taking more players. As long as the total blue chip amount reaches a certain amount, average becomes less relevant. Especially if you are quick-ish to process kids out that don’t work. And some positions were all should just expect more 3 stars like OL. Probably at least 3 3star DLineman yearly, etc

You can imagine if you are taking 25 hs kids, well if 20 are blue chip, you’re going to have a high average. But if instead you are getting 30, but same 20 blue chip, did anything REALLY change? Especially after you factor we have an additional 20 scholarship for our roster… and the fact that only a certain amount actually play yearly… but Avg rating per recruit would drop..
Again i don’t care for the narratives about who the recruiting sites like or not. They have upgraded our players as well and that rarely gets mentioned, they have dropped other schools recruits as well but our fans don’t know or care to acknowledge it

I know how the average works and its relevant to me, some of the schools i named have taken as much or more than us and still have a higher avg. Its ok with me if you disagree or view it differently tho

Advertisement
Mario is recruiting Top 10 classes. But we are not at the level of Bama, UGA, UTx and Taint across the board yet. Debate it all we want, but objectively we just aren't.

But I honestly don't care, because as long as Mario continues to do what he's done these past two cycles, we will be a perennial playoff team. And we'll be close enough in talent to those other teams that a couple chess pieces like a great QB plus better program fundamentals (culture, development, morale, etc.) makes any game winnable.

And, of course, once we start getting to these playoff games, recruiting becomes 10x easier. The reason everyone is so emotional about this season is we can taste it now. If (when) Ward gets us to the playoffs, the recruiting and portal flywheel will be fully spinning.

For all those “we only had a good recruiting class because of our 3*”

If we removed every single 3* from our class last year except 1 we still finish ranked 9th

You’ve been TrumpyCaned
I mean that @E1k original point. If you remove the 3* from those teams he mentioned they would still end up in top 5 or very close to it. Most of us agree that it’s a different tier between being top 5 and top 10 in recruiting. He wasn’t saying that Mario sucks at recruiting or not acknowledging that he’s made huge strides. He’s simply stating that there is still another tier to go.

It’s not a criticism and it’s a fair point to make. BTW no one is suggesting we can’t make the jump to that next tier. As a matter of fact, if you ask most of us who agreed with his point we would say that once the results on the field match the recruiting we will see a jump into the next tier.

Advertisement
Mario is recruiting Top 10 classes. But we are not at the level of Bama, UGA, UTx and Taint across the board yet. Debate it all we want, but objectively we just aren't.
This past yr if you included portal in this ranking, which is a reasonable thing to do imo, I think we absolutely were there with that group. TBD how this current class shapes up

This past yr if you included portal in this ranking, which is a reasonable thing to do imo, I think we absolutely were there with that group. TBD how this current class shapes up

We actually dropped down a couple notches when including the portal (interestingly, UF rose a lot)

We can argue all day about this. I don't really care, as the vector is headed in the right direction. If Mario wins this season, the whole discussion will be moot.

This is so stupid. We are ranked ahead of Ohio state and Oregon last year and Oregon this year. Most people said we had a top 3 class last year even though they take stars from kids who commit to us. This board is creating a myth about lanning. Considering we have sucked for 20 years we are going toe to toe with perennial playoff contenders.
You literally have an excuse for anything remotely critical of Mario, it’s sort of weird.

IMG_6487.jpeg

Sure we’re “ahead”…look at the average rating per recruit and the number of commits man. It’s ok to admit they have a better class right now. It doesn’t mean our class is bad, they are not mutually exclusive.

This is Gator spin zone logic, in fact this would be put in Gator Tears for us to laugh at if it was a UF fan talking about UF being ahead of Oregon.

None of this really matters unless we win on the field. Mario is a great recruiter, but even he can’t out-recruit your performance on the field forever. He did it last year, he will not this year if we fall flat on our face with the most talented roster we’ve assembled in years.

It starts tomorrow with an *** whooping. He lost a guy to a team in the playoffs last year, ok so what? Win and change the perception. Stop making excuses.

Advertisement
Back