2025 Jaime Ffrench WR Mandarin

You literally have an excuse for anything remotely critical of Mario, it’s sort of weird.

View attachment 300173

Sure we’re “ahead”…look at the average rating per recruit and the number of commits man. It’s ok to admit they have a better class right now. It doesn’t mean our class is bad, they are not mutually exclusive.

This is Gator spin zone logic, in fact this would be put in Gator Tears for us to laugh at if it was a UF fan talking about UF being ahead of Oregon.

None of this really matters unless we win on the field. Mario is a great recruiter, but even he can’t out-recruit your performance on the field forever. He did it last year, he will not this year if we fall flat on our face with the most talented roster we’ve assembled in years.

It starts tomorrow with an *** whooping. He lost a guy to a team in the playoffs last year, ok so what? Win and change the perception. Stop making excuses.
This **** is crazy work. Please let us win this year. All of these excuses and white knighting year after year is hard to stomach. I can't even enjoy Tears anymore smh.

Advertisement
You literally have an excuse for anything remotely critical of Mario, it’s sort of weird.

View attachment 300173

Sure we’re “ahead”…look at the average rating per recruit and the number of commits man. It’s ok to admit they have a better class right now. It doesn’t mean our class is bad, they are not mutually exclusive.

This is Gator spin zone logic, in fact this would be put in Gator Tears for us to laugh at if it was a UF fan talking about UF being ahead of Oregon.

None of this really matters unless we win on the field. Mario is a great recruiter, but even he can’t out-recruit your performance on the field forever. He did it last year, he will not this year if we fall flat on our face with the most talented roster we’ve assembled in years.

It starts tomorrow with an *** whooping. He lost a guy to a team in the playoffs last year, ok so what? Win and change the perception. Stop making excuses.
Look at last year too.

Dude I didn’t even want Mario but the guy is viewed as an elite recruiter. Ask saban wants he thinks of him. The last thing to criticize him on is recruiting.

We actually dropped down a couple notches when including the portal (interestingly, UF rose a lot)

We can argue all day about this. I don't really care, as the vector is headed in the right direction. If Mario wins this season, the whole discussion will be moot.
Yeah… but who cares about Cam Wards rating? He is probably THE single most impactful (and good obviously) transfer this offseason. Like just using average rating is obviously not telling the full story of our portal class, just further proving my point.

Sometimes I fully agree with using average or like per play stuff, but at some point the actual number and position value is the important thing.

If we got a guy of Cam Wards caliber at Qb in the portal ever year, I wouldn’t give a **** if we added an additional 6 3stars out of hs… but average rating won’t reflect well on that

Look at last year too.

Dude I didn’t even want Mario but the guy is viewed as an elite recruiter. Ask saban wants he thinks of him. The last thing to criticize him on is recruiting.
Stating that he isn't the best in the country at something isn't the same as a criticism. If someone said he was poor or weak or any other synonym for bad, you would have a valid stance. You are projecting out of loyalty. Acknowledge that and move on, it's weird.

Mario is recruiting Top 10 classes. But we are not at the level of Bama, UGA, UTx and Taint across the board yet. Debate it all we want, but objectively we just aren't.

But I honestly don't care, because as long as Mario continues to do what he's done these past two cycles, we will be a perennial playoff team. And we'll be close enough in talent to those other teams that a couple chess pieces like a great QB plus better program fundamentals (culture, development, morale, etc.) makes any game winnable.

And, of course, once we start getting to these playoff games, recruiting becomes 10x easier. The reason everyone is so emotional about this season is we can taste it now. If (when) Ward gets us to the playoffs, the recruiting and portal flywheel will be fully spinning.
Average recruit ranking is still the number I care about the most

It’s not the end all be all but it’s more important to me than class ranking always

Advertisement
Advertisement
Missed it and have seen a couple people mention the BBQ, what happened at the BBQ?
He was always on his phone and seem disconnected from everyone else...showed very little interest in UM, supposedly looking at his phone when a coach was talking to him. Unlike Trader and JS last year, this dude reeks of prima donna bust. Doesn't change the fact we need a couple more WR commits

He’s satisfied with being one of four five star wide receivers on Texas’s roster.

I guess his Lamborghini is a transformer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean that @E1k original point. If you remove the 3* from those teams he mentioned they would still end up in top 5 or very close to it. Most of us agree that it’s a different tier between being top 5 and top 10 in recruiting. He wasn’t saying that Mario sucks at recruiting or not acknowledging that he’s made huge strides. He’s simply stating that there is still another tier to go.

It’s not a criticism and it’s a fair point to make. BTW no one is suggesting we can’t make the jump to that next tier. As a matter of fact, if you ask most of us who agreed with his point we would say that once the results on the field match the recruiting we will see a jump into the next tier.
Reading and comprehension abilities is very low on here man lol

Advertisement
Back