2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was surprised we had real traction with a guy from new freaking Iberia La in the first place. Guess he wanted to see the big city. More likely to land at Arkansas than Miami.

L$U got some big money into that collective recently. They are not fcking around… I heard when he decomm it was bc he was coming to Miami. I don’t know what’s changed, CR has a great rep for developing dbs. Chevis is also a great DB coach. I do think we have a good chance to land some elite guys if the season is a success. Also I would say Ben hanks and VB3 will commit to UF this summer and flip to us if we have on field success. @DMoney has said this a million times but now or never for us

We do this every summer. Not saying cb will be as loaded as the DL last year but I expect it to be a good class when it’s all said and done. Remember last summer when everyone was on suicide watch with the DL recruiting ? Winning would sure make things a lot easier though.

Advertisement
Too much hearsay and people living in the past for me

Marios initial hires were trash. It seems to be better now. We were losing these battles to SEC teams no matter who the coaches were
You mind answering a question for me?

Before the start of season 1 here, when all of the hires were made. Other than possibly gattis (who there was rumors about his off field antics) who would you have said was such a horrible hire? Would love to hear this one.

We do this every summer. Not saying cb will be as loaded as the DL last year but I expect it to be a good class when it’s all said and done. Remeber last summer when everyone was on suicide watch with the DL recruiting ?
I'm convinced this is the joy in their lives. Seeing us apparently struggle in their eyes. Very few even acknowledge later on when pen hits paper that there was zero cause for concern & maybe we know what we're doing.

thinking back… the first time he didn’t get hired I might have played a part in 😭😭😭 timing wise at least.but it’s not hearsay he’s been on Miami’s campus multiple times for at least the discussion. Even I can’t tell you what stopped it tho
Back to Mandy's days when him and seider kept trying to get hired together.

I'm convinced this is the joy in their lives. Seeing us apparently struggle in their eyes. Very few even acknowledge later on when pen hits paper that there was zero cause for concern & maybe we know what we're doing.
I’ve said it to nauseam when Mario arrived “ recruiting is the last thing I’m convened about with Mario”. From taking us from the 60’s to the 20’s in just a couple weeks when he got here to multiple top 5-7 classes. Talent acquisition will not be a problem. The proof is in the pudding.

Advertisement
You mind answering a question for me?

Before the start of season 1 here, when all of the hires were made. Other than possibly gattis (who there was rumors about his off field antics) who would you have said was such a horrible hire? Would love to hear this one.
No problem. I don’t think anyone was a horrible hire (other than Gattis…Addae was a big question for me as well) it just didn’t work out. There’s theories out there but to me I think Mario just had way too much to do in a short time. Plus with his mom’s health and his own personal stuff uprooting himself, I’m not gonna make excuses for the guy…but his laundry list was long. He seems like a guy that’s very methodical so I don’t think that urgency helped him get acclimated

I was actually a big fan of Steele. Still am. I’ve heard him speak a few times and the guy is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge

2022 in hindsight was bad but I don’t think anyone was complaining really. The recruiting class also just completely flopped even though it looked solid on paper

Hopefully it was just the last of the bad luck we’ve been running on the last 15 years

Last edited:
Honest question is it Mike's choice that he's not back on the field? We all know he's a good DB coach and would likely thrive much more under a recruiting whiz like Mario. But its not only here, we don't see him get mentioned for other jobs when those positions open up yet we see guys who aren't as good like DVD going already on his second on field job since leaving here. The only thing it leads me to believe is he prefers the role he's in or doesn't want to leave the area. Sorry for the derail but it's something I've wonder about in the past as I would love to see him get another shot.
I'll answer this how I can. #1 no it's not mikes choice that he's not back on field YET. Can't really explain much more on that part. Far as the other teams giving him a spot, I can tell you teams view him as a Miami guy. They think he'd simply stay in any capacity to stay here. Don't wanna discuss too much more of his situation but just my guess, I'd imagine he's probably a lil frustrated by it all.

So we've gone from this kid refusing to play with Pickett to now going to LSU to play with him.
Who would you choose to play for Chevis Jackson or Corey Redmond? Another miscalculation of MC and his hiring protocol and process. DB coach is a premium recruiting position and he has strike twice on that process. Name recognition and impact is very important.

No problem. I don’t think anyone was a horrible hire (other than Gattis) it just didn’t work out. There’s theories out there but to me I think Mario just had way too much to do in a short time. Plus with his mom’s health and his own personal stuff uprooting himself, I’m not gonna make excuses for the guy…but his laundry list was long. He seems like a guy that’s very methodical so I don’t think that urgency helped him get acclimated

I was actually a big fan of Steele. Still am. I’ve heard him speak a few times and the guy is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge

2022 in hindsight was bad but I don’t think anyone was complaining really. The recruiting class also just completely flopped even though it looked solid on paper

Hopefully it was just the last of the bad luck we’ve been running on the last 15 years
Ok. So since you answered it logically so will I. On paper, as individuals,every one of those hires were **** good. If we choose to recall, national media at the time was all saying we put together an all star staff. One big name after another.
The issue with that(my opinion) was they were all established dudes who had been put the work. Been grinding to get their names to what it is. However none of them were prepared or in my eyes willing to say **** it we just gotta grind again. I don't think anyone, (including Mario)knew just how bad it was around here and with it being the off-season, a brand new staff and minimal interactions by the time they were able to see Greentree was very different from Joe Robbie we just got what we got. It ****** sucked and none of us hated it more or took it more personal than Mario. But I have a lot more confidence in him and this staff as a result.

Advertisement
I'll answer this how I can. #1 no it's not mikes choice that he's not back on field YET. Can't really explain much more on that part. Far as the other teams giving him a spot, I can tell you teams view him as a Miami guy. They think he'd simply stay in any capacity to stay here. Don't wanna discuss too much more of his situation but just my guess, I'd imagine he's probably a lil frustrated by it all.
Got it, thanks for the info

Advertisement
Might need to bring back the @RVACane whale tracker again this year for DBs
They’ll fight to include Ewald.

The thing is though that Mario pulls rabbits out of hats in December. I’m not even following these commitments intently right now because I saw how the DL episode transpired last cycle when we were whiffing in June and closing in December.

I’d be curious as to a legit list of CB whales who we are targeting.

Ok. So since you answered it logically so will I. On paper, as individuals,every one of those hires were **** good. If we choose to recall, national media at the time was all saying we put together an all star staff. One big name after another.
The issue with that(my opinion) was they were all established dudes who had been put the work. Been grinding to get their names to what it is. However none of them were prepared or in my eyes willing to say **** it we just gotta grind again. I don't think anyone, (including Mario)knew just how bad it was around here and with it being the off-season, a brand new staff and minimal interactions by the time they were able to see Greentree was very different from Joe Robbie we just got what we got. It ****** sucked and none of us hated it more or took it more personal than Mario. But I have a lot more confidence in him and this staff as a result.
Yeah head coaches usually take quite a bit of guys with them from previous stops but that didn’t really feel like the case with Mario

So it ended up a bit of a mish mash of guys that maybe just didn’t vibe more than individually being bad coaches

I think given the extra time his second hires have been more along the lines of “the plan” and I’m expecting a big improvement on the results this year

Everything that could go wrong in 2022, did, and it’s like let’s just erase that one as quickly as possible (but it still was messing up some of our roster so it’s hard to ignore)

Who would you choose to play for Chevis Jackson or Corey Redmond? Another miscalculation of MC and his hiring protocol and process. DB coach is a premium recruiting position and he has strike twice on that process. Name recognition and impact is very important.
You really are a dolt aren’t you?

They’ll fight to include Ewald.

The thing is though that Mario pulls rabbits out of hats in December. I’m not even following these commitments intently right now because I saw how the DL episode transpired last cycle when we were whiffing in June and closing in December.

I’d be curious as to a legit list of CB whales who we are targeting.
It worked last year. I’m not worried about recruiting, I’m worried about actually winning games. If we do we finish with a stacked class. If we don’t we shouldn’t even care about recruiting anymore. The whale tracker was just comedic relief all summer last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back