2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh if this happens we probably hired the wrong DB corch again. How retarded you have to be to do that twice?

Assuming we whiff though, if we don’t all is good. Just keep Stubbs man that’s all I want in the class bruh.
This is the problem though. You guys put all your value into solely a dude who can recruit. Amazing irony in that is Mario is a top 3 recruiter(conservatively)in the entire country and he's the head coach (who we've all established simply delegates authority throughout)& you guys (I'm speaking generally, not about you brother)all pick him apart for his game day coaching that his staff has far more to do with them him. Our priority needs to be in having coaches on the field who relate to their players, know how to effectively get through to their players & most importantly can coach the kids up who he has hands on to get them operating at a peak level. I would've loved Mike back on field. But I think this dude is a **** good hire & to evaluate him based off of some real desperate moves made by sec schools who have some persuasive measures they can employ when recruiting kids, would just be foolish. Especially before the season is through & ink hasn't been put to paper on where they will sign. THIS is all meaningless essentially right now. In season recruiting is simply a distraction with lil value at the end of the day. So let's see how it all plays out.

Advertisement
M
Win 10 is going to be the line we all keep saying yet every major team outside of UF we are competing against will also win nearly 10 lol

OSU
UGA
LSU
FSU
TEXAS
OU

all will likely win 10 or close to it. Outside of Vernell Brown and UF I don’t think us winning fixes everything.
ain difference in that is it's more of the norm for them. Opposed to with us it shows were building this machine back up to where we need it to be. Semantics possibly. But a big difference one from the other. And lsu ain't winning 10 this year. Probably 8 neither is poo

Bro, how do you not view a post like this as residual mopery from last season lol. It's like your scared of believing 9 wins is our floor - or allowing others to have a positive view of this upcoming season. You keep on acting like you have to take into account us finishing with sub 8 wins and how Mario will be able to recruit around that as a potential scenario. Why? What if Dawson and Guidry leave and they bring other coaches with them? How come we don't have to account for that factor and how it'd impact recruiting today? I mean it IS a potential result, right?

Last year you underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is. And this year you're underestimating how good of a coach/organization builder he is. Pretty simple, lets stop with the ultra negative what-ifs. Just say go off what you actually think is going to happen, no need to make so many qualifiers.

Saying if we suck it'll impact recruiting isn't a surprise or new information to anybody lol, everyone understands that. So Really don't know why you're trying to temper expectations or why you even want to act like you honestly think it shouldn't be armageddon here if we finish with 8 wins or less. You will absolutely be one of the top dudes moping around if we only have 8 wins - regardless the reason lol. It wouldn't even be moping at that point lol. You won't be saying hey guys back in the summer I said this was possible, so we really shouldn't overreact right now... **** no. We win 8 games and people will be ****ed, and they should be. There is zero reason to temper extremely low expectations. If you were saying hey guys Making the CFP shouldn't be the expectation, you'd be making a good point. But you can't say we need to temper the expectation of progress/improvement. That is the expectation no matter what coming off the last 2 seasons. 8 wins isn't progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technique wasn't what DC wanted being taught. Was more comfortable with his guy. Understandable. He also wouldn't take a recruiting spot.
While that sucks short term and maybe recruiting wise, I think I actually prefer this. Would rather continuity and cohesion with the weakest positions on this team (on paper), than some potential disruption and turmoil.

Obviously I’d love Raymond, but if Guidry prefers his guy, I’m willing to trust him.

I liked the Chevis hire from the get-go, loved it after LCE’s write up, and think he + Guidry with the safeties will coach these boys up to a more than serviceable level. At least extracting all the talent they can get out of the the room.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the problem though. You guys put all your value into solely a dude who can recruit. Amazing irony in that is Mario is a top 3 recruiter(conservatively)in the entire country and he's the head coach (who we've all established simply delegates authority throughout)& you guys (I'm speaking generally, not about you brother)all pick him apart for his game day coaching that his staff has far more to do with them him. Our priority needs to be in having coaches on the field who relate to their players, know how to effectively get through to their players & most importantly can coach the kids up who he has hands on to get them operating at a peak level. I would've loved Mike back on field. But I think this dude is a **** good hire & to evaluate him based off of some real desperate moves made by sec schools who have some persuasive measures they can employ when recruiting kids, would just be foolish. Especially before the season is through & ink hasn't been put to paper on where they will sign. THIS is all meaningless essentially right now. In season recruiting is simply a distraction with lil value at the end of the day. So let's see how it all plays out.
Yea I’m waiting till NSD to see how it all plays out. I’m not worried about game day coaching never have never will. Bring me the players and it will work itself out, these guys are professionals and I do trust Mario 1000%. After going through the head coaches we have went through he’s already done way more than they ever could imo.

Advertisement
Win 10 is going to be the line we all keep saying yet every major team outside of UF we are competing against will also win nearly 10 lol

OSU
UGA
LSU
FSU
TEXAS
OU

all will likely win 10 or close to it. Outside of Vernell Brown and UF I don’t think us winning fixes everything.
The difference is all these teams have had double digit win seasons and success recently and yet, we're recruiting better or just below all of them. If we start winning on the field like these teams to go along with how this staff recruits..

Advertisement
It's almost impossible to sign a Louisiana kid LSU actually wants.Last year they signed like 9 of the top 10 instate kids.

Advertisement
Unless something changes in the next few days I’m more than thinking lol. And I don’t think the two are connected.

Just a week ago many had stamped us having the best DB class in America.

IMG_4489.webp

last season everyone wanted Big Joe fired at this time and we hauled what night turn out to be the best DL class in the country.
Patience. we have to prove it on the field. also, we need to get more kids into the league producing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back