2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
D Smiff still tweetin?

Animated GIF

Advertisement
thinking back… the first time he didn’t get hired I might have played a part in 😭😭😭 timing wise at least.but it’s not hearsay he’s been on Miami’s campus multiple times for at least the discussion. Even I can’t tell you what stopped it tho
Yeah it’s that last part that gets me

I know there’s some truth to it but the. You’ve got our fans running with this narrative that Raymond was trying to kiss the ring and Mario told him to kick rocks

Could be true. Mario’s hires have left a lot to be desired

Too much hearsay and people living in the past for me

Marios initial hires were trash. It seems to be better now. We were losing these battles to SEC teams no matter who the coaches were
i like the current coaching staff for the most part. still im unsure on dawson tbh, but lets see how this year goes with a better QB, RB, and overall talent at the Wr position. the offense last year just seemed like they had two diff playbooks at any given moment

Yeah it’s that last part that gets me

I know there’s some truth to it but the. You’ve got our fans running with this narrative that Raymond was trying to kiss the ring and Mario told him to kick rocks

Could be true. Mario’s hires have left a lot to be desired
Oh no that narrative is false 100%. Business is business and timelines never aligned

Advertisement
i like the current coaching staff for the most part. still im unsure on dawson tbh, but lets see how this year goes with a better QB, RB, and overall talent at the Wr position. the offense last year just seemed like they had two diff playbooks at any given moment
Yeah it’s tough with Dawson. Stats wise the offense was really good but something was just “off”

We’ve debated whether it was TVD or Dawson (it’s always a bit of both) enough but this year I think we will know absolutely everything we need to know about him

He has an embarrassing amount of talent to work with

So @TOcane you still have nothing to base your slurp-covered argument other than Pickett has family here?

Again you missed the whole point with the recruiter we’re going up against. Raymond going against Chevis is a profound advantage because Raymond going up against anyone is an advantage.

Your pride won’t let you see the facts. And I literally started off this discussion by saying I THINK WE STILL LAND HIM, LOL.

Raymond’s secondary produced seven first team All-Americans during his time at LSU, a list that includes Eric Reid (2012), Jalen Mills (2015), Jamal Adams (2016), Tre’Davious White (2016), Greedy Williams (2018), Grant Delpit (2018 and 2019) and Derek Stingley Jr. (2019, 2020).

LSU’s secondary sent 14 players to the NFL Draft, including four first rounders – Stingley (2022), Adams and White (2017), and Eric Reid (2013), along with five second round picks that include Delpit (2020), Kristen Fulton (2020), Donte Jackson (2019), Williams (2018) and Jalen Collins (2015).

Of the 14 players that were drafted under Raymond’s tutelage, all of them have gone on to start games in the NFL and four have appeared in the Pro Bowl.

So yes, tell me that Pickett’s family being here gives us just as good of a shot to flip him vs a guy with this résumé.

I’ll wait, and probably laugh.

200.gif
Wait what history did Jason Taylor have of developing players to be able to land all these 5 stars? You aren't limited to only selling history of development into top draft picks. Though it obviously helps. There are many reasons we can sell that can make it just as easy for us to flip Pickett as you're saying it'll be for LSU to flip Antione if he committed here. And yes relationships + home are one of them.

Raymond has 7 more years of experience over Chevis - who is only going on his 4th year at a P5 program and 3 of them were at Kansas. These are totally different opportunities which necessarily have different results that need to be judged - AND SOLD TO RECRUITS differently. Chevis had zero ability to recruit even a mid 4 star guy to Kansas or Marshall. Raymond meanwhile of the players you mentioned him having developed Stingley, Fulton, Adams, Donte Jackson, White, Reid, Delpit were all top 67 players in the country. Greedy was 221 and a 4star. Jalen Collins was a 0.8801 and Mills was a .8692 in the composite, those two are really the only comparable player to the quality Chevis had to work with.... Now that's just guys you mentioned, he's obviously developed a few more guys. Now Chevis basically comes from Raymonds tree first of all. But as for his track record, he recruited and developed Cobee Bryant into a draft pick, he further developed Steven Gilmore (brother of Stephen) who was playing for Lions last year, he did a good job with Micah Abraham who was drafted this year. He developed Ra'Mello Dotson well at Kansas, and hopefully we'll see the impact he had on Dyoni Hill this year who he developed at Marshall...

Chevis needs to be able to sell that he can develop too, he just wasn't given golden opportunities like Raymond has. It's a lot easier to develop a lot of draft picks when you're working with a group of mostly 5 stars to high 4stars. 7 of the 10 you named for Raymonds development were basically top 50 type recruits. Now obviously Pickett can look at that and just say welll I'm a top 50 recruit too, it's safe to just go with Raymond. That's true, but that's why I also made the point about Jason Taylor. And Chevis actually does have a history of development, he was just working with a much lower baseline talent.

You also left out that Antione already decommitted from LSU once. Whats the statistics of guys decommitting from a school, committing somewhere else, then flipping back? Can't be very high. Certainly not as high as a guy with multiple family ties to the hometown school flipping him once.

Advertisement
Gaby dropped a list of names expected at the cookout and Antoine isn’t on there. Maybe just building drama, but he’s been expected for a while.

Well obviously if he commits he will be there, if he doesn’t then he won’t. Not hard to read that one
Well, yeah, exactly. Everything since he decommitted from LSU was that he was expected, so just thought it was potentially noteworthy that he’s not on the list today.

Advertisement
sfe has no pull on a guy that lives out of state and played like 2 games with them as a hired gun.

If Jaylin Lucas is the brother she has 2 brothers at the school so he committed to lsu while knowing they were there anyway considering the other brother is a sr.
The SFE coach has been on every visit with him so he certainly has pull with him. I’m just saying what I heard about the situation.

I still think he picks us, but going 0/2 here would hurt. Even if it’s the summer.

We literally have a graveyard of bodies at the position and NIL money, but Raymond is still him.

At least UF looks like dumbasses letting him go. It just sounds like (as of right now) that 1/2 is the best we can do here with this pair even in December, which means Hanks better get a bag and a half. We need 2/3.

What also hurts is if we’re being honest here, LSU probably has a better chance to flip Slime than we do of flipping Pickett. Maybe not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless. No data on hand currently so I might be wrong, but In-state Louisiana kids (especially top dogs) just normally seem to stay loyal to either LSU or a nearby school, moreso than a Florida kid.
Not the mopiest post but definitely reminiscent of some I saw when we lost out on Stone, Scott & Blount. Then in December we uh…

Advertisement
IMG_5942.webp

If he’s not coming anymore, can’t take it as a good sign…

Full court press Mario, need him.

When Raymond was fired from UF, I thought we were insane not to go after him. People compared the situation to Strong and said he was washed up. First, Strong was the guy that landed Popo, Bryant, Bobby and Pulliam. So I wouldn’t call him washed. Second, Strong wanted to be a DC and left when passed up. Raymond wasn’t expecting that. So the whole comparison was just stupid.

Now we’re surprised the most well connected and well respected DB Coach in the southeast beats us out for a recruit and maybe two?

Look, I really like Guidry and so far Jackson seems to be a legit up and comer. But those two are B league compared to Raymond when it comes to DBs.

NIL being equal, our draw has been 1. Miami, 2. Mario 3. Culture. As Ohio State has shown with WRs, those 3 often take a back seat to the outcomes achieved by the position coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back