2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the mopiest post but definitely reminiscent of some I saw when we lost out on Stone, Scott & Blount. Then in December we uh…
There’s a big difference between last year and this year though.

I personally underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is because 7-6 on the field usually spells disaster for a Year 2 HC thought of as a guy that can flip a team quickly. BUT, he proved me and many others very wrong with just how **** good he is, and relentless effort from Mario + $$ was a big part of that pitch.

He’s the difference in year 3 though imo.

- Early PT is less of a selling point now that we’ve brought in a lot of talent last two years, especially at key positions. Not for CB obviously, but DT, edge, RB, LB, etc.

- The biggest one, however, is that two years of rebuilding is a **** of a difference to three years. Especially when we broke the bank on the 2024 portal cycle. This showed everyone we are in win now mode.

All of this is a GREAT thing imo because it means the team is better, and exponentially better at that. But with that comes the noise that Miami should be good this year and if we fall flat on our face, there’s one man getting the blame in Year 3. Everyone is already saying we have the most talented roster in the conference (TRUE), but it’ll only go as far as the HC because they severely doubt his coaching capabilities (are they wrong?).

And that result of an 8-4 or worse season, would mean no furious finish in December. I’m trying not to be an *** here, but if you look at it from a national perspective - what would there be to sell if now you’ve failed three straight seasons, the last being the worst of them all considering the schedule + financial investment???

Now, we can ignore this entire rant by doing one thing - WINNING. And I do believe we win 10 this year, so yes, I expect to still finish with a Top 6 recruiting class. But make no mistake, don’t expect that result if we don’t win 9+ this year.

I’m just trying to temper expectations so people don’t have Armageddon at the end of the year IF we go 8-4 and don’t see the recruiting class they expect, regardless of record.

Advertisement
When Raymond was fired from UF, I thought we were insane not to go after him. People compared the situation to Strong and said he was washed up. First, Strong was the guy that landed Popo, Bryant, Bobby and Pulliam. So I wouldn’t call him washed. Second, Strong wanted to be a DC and left when passed up. Raymond wasn’t expecting that. So the whole comparison was just stupid.

Now we’re surprised the most well connected and well respected DB Coach in the southeast beats us out for a recruit and maybe two?

Look, I really like Guidry and so far Jackson seems to be a legit up and comer. But those two are B league compared to Raymond when it comes to DBs.

NIL being equal, our draw has been 1. Miami, 2. Mario 3. Culture. As Ohio State has shown with WRs, those 3 often take a back seat to the outcomes achieved by the position coach.
they are b league but Ewald, Stubbs, and Wallace are not b league recruits.

Advertisement
Ewald CB1 word to @htownkidd

sad will ferrell GIF
life suicide GIF by David

I personally underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is because 7-6 on the field usually spells disaster for a Year 2 HC thought of as a guy that can flip a team quickly. BUT, he proved me and many others very wrong with just how **** good he is, and relentless effort from Mario + $$ was a big part of that pitch.

- Early PT is less of a selling point now that we’ve brought in a lot of talent last two years, especially at key positions. Not for CB obviously, but DT, edge, RB, LB, etc.

- The biggest one, however, is that two years of rebuilding is a **** of a difference to three years. Especially when we broke the bank on the 2024 portal cycle. This showed everyone we are in win now mode.

All of this is a GREAT thing imo because it means the team is better, and exponentially better at that. But with that comes the noise that Miami should be good this year and if we fall flat on our face, there’s one man getting the blame in Year 3. Everyone is already saying we have the most talented roster in the conference (TRUE), but it’ll only go as far as the HC because they severely doubt his coaching capabilities (are they wrong?).

And that result of an 8-4 or worse season, would mean no furious finish in December. I’m trying not to be an *** here, but if you look at it from a national perspective - what would there be to sell if now you’ve failed three straight seasons, the last being the worst of them all considering the schedule + financial investment???

Now, we can ignore this entire rant by doing one thing - WINNING. And I do believe we win 10 this year, so yes, I expect to still finish with a Top 6 recruiting class. But make no mistake, don’t expect that result if we don’t win 9+ this year.

I’m just trying to temper expectations so people don’t have Armageddon at the end of the year IF we go 8-4 and don’t see the recruiting class they expect, regardless of record.
The team is winning at least 11 games this year If you don't believe that then FOH

The team is winning at least 11 games this year If you don't believe that then FOH
They should win 10+. **** we will be favored in 10, the only two we’re not as of right now are Louisville (PK) and FSU (+2).

Advanced metrics like SP+, FPI and PFF like FSU a lot more than this board, yet I still think we will be a favorite by the time the game kicks off. Make no mistake, I expect to win that game. The party is over for Norvell.

There’s a chance we’re favored in all 12 regular season games, 11 sounds right assuming no major injuries imo.

They should win 10+. **** we will be favored in 10, the only two we’re not as of right now are Louisville (PK) and FSU (+2).

Advanced metrics like SP+, FPI and PFF like FSU a lot more than this board, yet I still think we will be a favorite by the time the game kicks off. Make no mistake, I expect to win that game. The party is over for Norvell.

There’s a chance we’re favored in all 12 regular season games, 11 sounds right assuming no major injuries imo.
I set my expectations very low now bc canes football and expectations never go well.

Advertisement

I personally underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is
because 7-6 on the field usually spells disaster for a Year 2 HC thought of as a guy that can flip a team quickly. BUT, he proved me and many others very wrong with just how **** good he is, and relentless effort from Mario + $$ was a big part of that pitch.

Bro, how do you not view a post like this as residual mopery from last season lol. It's like your scared of believing 9 wins is our floor - or allowing others to have a positive view of this upcoming season. You keep on acting like you have to take into account us finishing with sub 8 wins and how Mario will be able to recruit around that as a potential scenario. Why? What if Dawson and Guidry leave and they bring other coaches with them? How come we don't have to account for that factor and how it'd impact recruiting today? I mean it IS a potential result, right?

Last year you underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is. And this year you're underestimating how good of a coach/organization builder he is. Pretty simple, lets stop with the ultra negative what-ifs. Just say go off what you actually think is going to happen, no need to make so many qualifiers.

Saying if we suck it'll impact recruiting isn't a surprise or new information to anybody lol, everyone understands that. So Really don't know why you're trying to temper expectations or why you even want to act like you honestly think it shouldn't be armageddon here if we finish with 8 wins or less. You will absolutely be one of the top dudes moping around if we only have 8 wins - regardless the reason lol. It wouldn't even be moping at that point lol. You won't be saying hey guys back in the summer I said this was possible, so we really shouldn't overreact right now... **** no. We win 8 games and people will be ****ed, and they should be. There is zero reason to temper extremely low expectations. If you were saying hey guys Making the CFP shouldn't be the expectation, you'd be making a good point. But you can't say we need to temper the expectation of progress/improvement. That is the expectation no matter what coming off the last 2 seasons. 8 wins isn't progress.

Last edited:
Bro, how do you not view a post like this as residual mopery from last season lol. It's like your scared of believing 9 wins is our floor - or allowing others to have a positive view of this upcoming season. You keep on acting like you have to take into account us finishing with sub 8 wins and how Mario will be able to recruit around that as a potential scenario. Why? What if Dawson and Guidry leave and they bring other coaches with them? How come we don't have to account for that factor and how it'd impact recruiting today? I mean it IS a potential result, right?

Last year you underestimated how good of a recruiter Mario is. And this year you're underestimating how good of a coach/organization builder he is. Pretty simple, lets stop with the ultra negative what-ifs. Just say go off what you actually think is going to happen, no need to make so many qualifiers.

Saying if we suck it'll impact recruiting isn't a surprise or new information to anybody lol, everyone understands that. So Really don't know why you're trying to temper expectations or why you even want to act like you honestly think it shouldn't be armageddon here if we finish with 8 wins or less. You will absolutely be one of the top dudes moping around if we only have 8 wins - regardless the reason lol. It wouldn't even be moping at that point lol. You won't be saying hey guys back in the summer I said this was possible, so we really shouldn't overreact right now... **** no. We win 8 games and people will be ****ed, and they should be. There is zero reason to temper extremely low expectations. If you were saying hey guys Making the CFP shouldn't be the expectation, you'd be making a good point. But you can't say we need to temper the expectation of progress/improvement. That is the expectation no matter what coming off the last 2 seasons. 8 wins isn't progress.
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I set my expectations very low now bc canes football and expectations never go well.

That's the best way to enter the season. Everytime we feel good about them it crumbles down. Last year we were 4-0 and thinking ACC title. I like this upcoming team a lot too but I can see us going 3-2 after the VA Tech game. PTSD runs strong in me

Win 10 is going to be the line we all keep saying yet every major team outside of UF we are competing against will also win nearly 10 lol

OSU
UGA
LSU
FSU
TEXAS
OU

all will likely win 10 or close to it. Outside of Vernell Brown and UF I don’t think us winning fixes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back