2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Who cares about these over priced high school kids . Have a good season and throw that money at a proven kid with experience in the portal. 🤷‍♂️
Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
Kinda eerie how similar DB recruiting is resembling DTs from last summer. Went from feeling good about multiple to getting none in a matter of days :pgdead:

I think it's a lock we land 1 out of 3 of Hanks, Pickett, Antoinie

2 is still in play…Win some games. 3 was always a really tall task/maybe fairy tale.

Last edited:
So looks like we're just gonna end up with Ewald and Merritt then this year at CB well

Come on now. I wanted Raymond above all other DB coaches and the current situation is a good example of why.

BUT, Mario is no chump who will just fold at the first few punches. He said he’s taking this personal so we should trust he’s taking it personal. And Guidry + Jackson could evolve into a great tandem they’re just not Raymond today.

So all of this is entirely fixable and there’s no way the best recruiter (or **** close) in college football will mope to failure. He’s going to fix it.

Advertisement
You mind answering a question for me?

Before the start of season 1 here, when all of the hires were made. Other than possibly gattis (who there was rumors about his off field antics) who would you have said was such a horrible hire? Would love to hear this one.

Why does it matter if it was before season 1

A good football coach/mind…Can see through the hype of consensus "good hires at the time" . Mario should be able to sit in an interview and say "This Gattis is full of ****"… It is his job to not get hustled by Gattis in an interview setting. HC is not the average fan, sports media, etc

As for the rest….Big Joe still looks like dogshyt (Saved by NIL/Mario/JT?), Gattis WR, Pence, and apparently Strong. Ya I thought Addae was a decent hire too…But it's the sharp coach's job to know that Addae isn't a good hire.

2 is still in play…Win some games. 3 was always a really tall task.

I appreciate your main point. At the same time, personally I think all three are still in play and will be until December no matter where they verbal.

Come on now. I wanted Raymond above all other DB coaches and the current situation is a good example of why.

BUT, Mario is no chump who will just fold at the first few punches. He said he’s taking this personal so we should trust he’s taking it personal. And Guidry + Jackson could evolve into a great tandem they’re just not Raymond today.

So all of this is entirely fixable and there’s no way the best recruiter (or **** close) in college football will mope to failure. He’s going to fix it.
Oh I know he will fix it, just like d-line last summer they'll get some guys in the next few months once games are played. I'm just annoyed with some premium top talents being so close to the finish line this week but now have to wait a few more months to get top talent back on board

Advertisement

2 is still in play…Win some games. 3 was always a really tall task/maybe fairy tale.

We should probably stop using the word “lock" with recruits. It’s like saying a NFL free agent DB is a lock to a certain team 2 years before his contract expires. NIL is free agency. There are no locks anymore.

Advertisement
Why does it matter if it was before season 1

A good football coach/mind…Can see through the hype of consensus "good hires at the time" . Mario should be able to sit in an interview and say "This Gattis is full of ****"… It is his job to not get hustled by Gattis in an interview setting. HC is not the average fan, sports media, etc

As for the rest….Big Joe still looks like dogshyt (Saved by NIL/Mario/JT?), Gattis WR, Pence, and apparently Strong. Ya I thought Addae was a decent hire too…But it's the sharp coach's job to know that Addae isn't a good hire.
Saban hired coach Kul and he was cheeks on the trail and got rid of his ***

They’ll fight to include Ewald.

The thing is though that Mario pulls rabbits out of hats in December. I’m not even following these commitments intently right now because I saw how the DL episode transpired last cycle when we were whiffing in June and closing in December.

I’d be curious as to a legit list of CB whales who we are targeting.

They can argue until they’re blue in the face but it doesn’t make it true.

In terms of athletic traits, speed, and ball skills, he’s several tiers below the elite corners we’ve publicly had traction with (Pickett, Hanks, and Antoine). That matters immensely for a player at a premium position, especially CB. His performances on national TV last year can’t be ignored either.

I completely agree, though, after what we saw last cycle about not rushing to judgment on how the CB class is shaping up in July.

If Ewald ends up as the CB4 and we sign Pickett/Hanks plus one more elite talent, we’re cooking with grease. If he ends up as the CB1… 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back