2025 Jaboree "SlimeTo" Antoine 4* CB from LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is the year where we heard DB is our focus. The staff gets the benefit of the doubt because of the epic finish of d line when that was the focus last year. But there’s no doubt our lack of success at corner over the last 15 years has to make this an even greater challenge than it already is to recruit db’s at a high level

This is the year where we heard DB is our focus. The staff gets the benefit of the doubt because of the epic finish of d line when that was the focus last year. But there’s no doubt our lack of success at corner over the last 15 years has to make this an even greater challenge than it already is to recruit db’s at a high level
Last year defensive tackle was our focus, and at the same time last year people were on heavy menstrual flow.
Like hemoglobin at 5 level heavy.

Reactions: DTP
Advertisement
I still think he picks us, but going 0/2 here would hurt. Even if it’s the summer.

We literally have a graveyard of bodies at the position and NIL money, but Raymond is still him.

At least UF looks like dumbasses letting him go. It just sounds like (as of right now) that 1/2 is the best we can do here with this pair even in December, which means Hanks better get a bag and a half. We need 2/3.

What also hurts is if we’re being honest here, LSU probably has a better chance to flip Slime than we do of flipping Pickett. Maybe not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless. No data on hand currently so I might be wrong, but In-state Louisiana kids (especially top dogs) just normally seem to stay loyal to either LSU or a nearby school, moreso than a Florida kid.

Last edited:
I like Miami in this one but I really wouldn’t count out FSU. It’s a lot in there favor. His girlfriend brother just transferred there Jaylin Lucas so she pushing him there. We all know how that plays out. Plus his SFE coach loves Surtain even though he only has one year of college coaching he telling the kid he is more qualified the Jackson. Plus the coach doesn’t like Jackson cause he doesn’t communicate with him or has his number. His words exactly.

Like I mentioned LSU didn’t show him the love like they did Pickett with the guest host and NFL player love. But Corey Raymond is his cousin so a sit down Sunday dinner with family could smooth things out. Just like we won’t stop recruiting Pickett LSU won’t stop recruiting Antione. It will be a fight until signing day for the boots number 1 cornerback
Raymond is his cousin? That doesn’t sound good lol

Advertisement
This guy has ******* issues. Idk why mods haven’t banned him for good. Provides nothing other than belittling others. Then has the balls to play victim.
He got that im richer I’m smarter than you attitude lol. I just laugh bruh but you have a point I dealt with him before and I still upvote him cause I’m not a *****

Last edited:
I still think he picks us, but going 0/2 here would hurt. Even if it’s the summer.

We literally have a graveyard of bodies at the position and NIL money, but Raymond is still him.

At least UF looks like dumbasses letting him go. It just sounds like (as of right now) that 1/2 is the best we can do here with this pair even in December, which means Hanks better get a bag and a half. We need 2/3.

What also hurts is if we’re being honest here, LSU probably has a better chance to flip Slime than we do of flipping Pickett. Maybe not a drastic difference, but a difference nonetheless. No data on hand currently so I might be wrong, but In-state Louisiana kids (especially top dogs) just normally seem to stay loyal to either LSU or a nearby school, moreso than a Florida kid.
This is pretty baseless. You look the same as you did last year at this time and why would it be easier for LSU to flip? Both have family connections to the opposite school. All scenarios are about as equal as they could be and hopefully we end up with at least one.

This is pretty baseless. You look the same as you did last year at this time and why would it be easier for LSU to flip? Both have family connections to the opposite school. All scenarios are about as equal as they could be and hopefully we end up with at least one.
Enlighten me as to why I should feel better about Mario and the #1 corner from Louisiana (long term), with the best CB recruiter in America working for the in-state university, vs. Pickett who is already committed to the #1 CB recruiter?

I didn’t say it’s impossible, but I already know where you’re going to go with this. You’re going to say “but he did it with Scott at Ohio state?!? You mope! Every year people doubt his recruiting and I can’t wait for you to eat crow!”

Yeah god forbid we have some rational discussions lol. I already owned up to last year’s furious finish against the odds, it was about as impressive of a 180 as you can find in this day and age. but this year isn’t last.

This is a different year, and a different position recruitment against the best in the game. Scott wasn’t in-state. Look at it objectively, then get back to me. The scenarios are not equal. I didn’t say they’re way off in disparity, so don’t twist the words.

What corners have we put in the league? What about Mario at Oregon? What has Raymond done in contrast? Mario could at least mention Thibs or Dorlus on the DL, he’s got Lenoire at CB and that’s it.

And if you don’t like what I just said because it doesn’t fit the blind cheerleader category of fandom, go look at D$ post above and tell him he’s a mope too…because he basically just said the same thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Enlighten me as to why I should feel better about Mario and the #1 corner from Louisiana (long term), with the best CB recruiter in America working for the in-state university, vs. Pickett who is already committed to the #1 CB recruiter?

I didn’t say it’s impossible, but I already know where you’re going to go with this. You’re going to say “but he did it with Scott at Ohio state?!? You mope! Every year people doubt his recruiting and I can’t wait for you to eat crow!”

Yeah god forbid we have some rational discussions lol. I already owned up to last year’s furious finish against the odds, but this year isn’t last.

This is a different year, and a different position recruitment against the best in the game. Scott wasn’t in-state. Look at it objectively, then get back to me. The scenarios are not equal. I didn’t say they’re way off in disparity, so don’t twist the words.

And if you don’t like what I just said because it doesn’t fit the blind cheerleader category of fandom, go look at D$ post above and tell him he’s a mope too…because he basically just said the same thing.
Again you are missing the whole point. Why is it easier for them to flip Jamboree than us flip Pickett. Pickett is in state and has family on the team and who played here. Jaboree is the same exact situation on the other side. It is equal you are being negative just to be negative and you did it last year and you are doing it again. The position you ****ed on last year we signed 3 five stars. Not 1, not 2, but 3. So yes you are just being a mope.

Advertisement
Antoine is a better corner.

Pickett is a safety.
I know a few ppl who feels like Pickett should actually focus on being a full time WR. Then Safety if he really wants to play defense but they don't see him as a good fit for CB in the SEC.

So @TOcane you still have nothing to base your slurp-covered argument other than Pickett has family here?

Again you missed the whole point with the recruiter we’re going up against. Raymond going against Chevis is a profound advantage because Raymond going up against anyone is an advantage.

Your pride won’t let you see the facts. And I literally started off this discussion by saying I THINK WE STILL LAND HIM, LOL.

Raymond’s secondary produced seven first team All-Americans during his time at LSU, a list that includes Eric Reid (2012), Jalen Mills (2015), Jamal Adams (2016), Tre’Davious White (2016), Greedy Williams (2018), Grant Delpit (2018 and 2019) and Derek Stingley Jr. (2019, 2020).

LSU’s secondary sent 14 players to the NFL Draft, including four first rounders – Stingley (2022), Adams and White (2017), and Eric Reid (2013), along with five second round picks that include Delpit (2020), Kristen Fulton (2020), Donte Jackson (2019), Williams (2018) and Jalen Collins (2015).

Of the 14 players that were drafted under Raymond’s tutelage, all of them have gone on to start games in the NFL and four have appeared in the Pro Bowl.

So yes, tell me that Pickett’s family being here gives us just as good of a shot to flip him vs a guy with this résumé.

I’ll wait, and probably laugh.

200.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back