Issiah Walker in transfer portal

We don’t know if he helps us win now to the level some of us expect , whos to say even plays well with a jump in competition? That’s not guaranteed
You're absolutely right. We don't know. But if I had to bet my money, I would bet it on the guy that we actually have college film on rather than the one coming str8 out of high school and didn't even get to have a spring, maybe not even summer practice.

Advertisement
You're absolutely right. We don't know. But if I had to bet my money, I would bet it on the guy that we actually have college film on rather than the one coming str8 out of high school and didn't even get to have a spring, maybe not even summer practice.

But you lose 3 yrs of a scholarship. Walker was supposed to be arguably the top OL in FL during recruiting season. If you take one, you take Walker every time. But you find a way to take both.

But you lose 3 yrs of a scholarship. Walker was supposed to be arguably the top OL in FL during recruiting season. If you take one, you take Walker every time. But you find a way to take both.
That's understandable. But like I mentioned before that, Manny can't think he has "3yrs" left to improve Miami. Manny has to do what's best for the team NOW. But yeah, if you somehow can take both then of course, do that!

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter what we think the lockeroom thinks, they accepted D’Eriq king in the lockerroom with open arms after sitting out the season at Houston why won’t they do the same for a kid who enrolled in college for 3 months before going home and obvious homesick issues going on especially with the pandemic going on and possibly wanting to be around family more?

Walker and his recruitment with Miami and UF is not even close to the same thing as King and his redshirt. I'm not looking to debate; simply curious if it bothers you at all - I got my answer.

How is this any different than:

Greg Olsen
James Jackson
Seantrel Henderson
Brock Berlin

Or, ****, any kid who was ever committed to another school and then flipped to Miami?

There has been a lot of **** with plenty of kids over the decades that we do and don't know about. Now that its all over the internet fans get caught up in their feelings more.

Honestly, I don't blame the kid for not wanting to put his future in Enos and Barry's hands. And to be honest, I don't think Diaz would blame him either, after all, he fired both those guys which says it all. It would actually be hypocritical of Diaz, and every fan who wanted Enos and Barry fired to call this kid out for not having signed with us. You can't have it both ways.

17 and 18 year oid kids make mistakes. And honestly, with Enos and Barry still here I'm not sure going elsewhere was a mistake.

At the end of this, the fans of USCe, UF, and UM are all going to be butthurt. Among those, I'd rather be the fan of the team that actually ends up with the talented Dade kid suiting up for them.

That's understandable. But like I mentioned before that, Manny can't think he has "3yrs" left to improve Miami. Manny has to do what's best for the team NOW. But yeah, if you somehow can take both then of course, do that!

If Manny is not considering the long term health of this program, he has to be shown the door.
But to your point and a topic not discussed on here, it will be interesting to examine how this new grad transfer infusion affects the overall state of programs. If coaches mortgage the future of their program on these transfers to save their jobs, they can really leave the roster bare and underwater with lower scholarship numbers. Is there a rule to how many grads you can take or does this fall on the athletic director to police?

Walker and his recruitment with Miami and UF is not even close to the same thing as King and his redshirt. I'm not looking to debate; simply curious if it bothers you at all - I got my answer.
No it doesn’t bother me, uf showed him every reason to go there this was aided by uf beating us and then with another successful season while Miami lost head to head and struggled the last 2 years. Any prospect should have been hesitant about coming here the last 2 recruiting cycles let’s get real about the situation. Don’t care if he went to uf initially or not, I want Him to end up at Miami

Advertisement
If Manny is not considering the long term health of this program, he has to be shown the door.
But to your point and a topic not discussed on here, it will be interesting to examine how this new grad transfer infusion affects the overall state of programs. If coaches mortgage the future of their program on these transfers to save their jobs, they can really leave the roster bare and underwater with lower scholarship numbers. Is there a rule to how many grads you can take or does this fall on the athletic director to police?
When coaches are on the "hot seat", they can't really think about the future of the program. As selfish as it sounds they have to worry about that particular season only and saving themselves from getting fired. I'm not disagreeing with your statement tho, just saying what's best for Manny.

No it doesn’t bother me, uf showed him every reason to go there this was aided by uf beating us and then with another successful season while Miami lost head to head and struggled the last 2 years. Any prospect should have been hesitant about coming here the last 2 recruiting cycles let’s get real about the situation. Don’t care if he went to uf initially or not, I want Him to end up at Miami
I’m pretty sure Justice and Lashlee are involved so if he’s a no go, that probably means those guys passed for whatever reasons. I don’t think Manny will handicap his new hires on Offense if they want him.

Greg Olsen
James Jackson
Seantrel Henderson
Brock Berlin

Or, ****, any kid who was ever committed to another school and then flipped to Miami?

There has been a lot of **** with plenty of kids over the decades that we do and don't know about. Now that its all over the internet fans get caught up in their feelings more.

Honestly, I don't blame the kid for not wanting to put his future in Enos and Barry's hands. And to be honest, I don't think Diaz would blame him either, after all, he fired both those guys which says it all. It would actually be hypocritical of Diaz, and every fan who wanted Enos and Barry fired to call this kid out for not having signed with us. You can't have it both ways.

17 and 18 year oid kids make mistakes. And honestly, with Enos and Barry still here I'm not sure going elsewhere was a mistake.

At the end of this, the fans of USCe, UF, and UM are all going to be butthurt. Among those, I'd rather be the fan of the team that actually ends up with the talented Dade kid suiting up for them.
Seantrel left because USC was getting bent by the NCAA

Ivins sucks

Don’t get the hate for Ivins. Name another reporter who covers the ‘Canes and provides better “inside information?”

For the record, I have never been a member of his site but he does a better job than any other reporter providing recruiting information. I’m not talking about analysis (Stephen does a great job). I’m talking about scoops and intel. He’s not the best ever but he‘s better than anybody else with press credentials covering Miami

Advertisement
Don’t get the hate for Ivins. Name another reporter who covers the ‘Canes and provides better “inside information?”

For the record, I have never been a member of his site but he does a better job than any other reporter providing recruiting information. I’m not talking about analysis (Stephen does a great job). I’m talking about scoops and intel. He’s not the best ever but he‘s better than anybody else with press credentials covering Miami
Well someone on here needs to start doing what Ivins does. He’s just a ****y sob.

Greg Olsen
James Jackson
Seantrel Henderson
Brock Berlin

I am not saying whether to take him or not, but the big difference between Walker and those four is the team and recruiting circumstances. Nothing to do with the players. Assuming no red flags, the reason Manny is not taking Walker is because of trying to revalue the Miami offer and not let every local recruit think that they can leave and always have Miami as a fallback option if things do not work out.

Advertisement
I am not saying whether to take him or not, but the big difference between Walker and those four is the team and recruiting circumstances. Nothing to do with the players. Assuming no red flags, the reason Manny is not taking Walker is because of trying to revalue the Miami offer and not let every local recruit think that they can leave and always have Miami as a fallback option if things do not work out.
Absolutely. First a South Carolina commit, then signs with Florida.
now he wants to come home.
No thanks. Next.

Absolutely. First a South Carolina commit, then signs with Florida.
now he wants to come home.
No thanks. Next.
Kind of hard to draw the line here when you bring back Reed and chase Jaidon Francois around the way they did. Not really a consistent message from Manny, which is entirely unsurprising.

Greg Olsen
James Jackson
Seantrel Henderson
Brock Berlin

Seriously?

You're just going to name a bunch of names, and act like all those situations were identical? You're just going to pull a "how is this any different than" routine?

Greg Olsen went to Notre Dame because his brother was there. When his brother left ND, so did Greg.

James Jackson was worried about the Pell Grant situation, signed with Notre Dame, but never qualified and went to Fork Union. So...not a transfer.

Seantrel Henderson asked for his release from his LOI after the Reggie Bush sanctions were announced. So...not a transfer.

Brock Berlin was a quarterback stuck on the depth chart. Same reason Joe Burrow transferred. How did that work out?

Just stop the nonsense with regurgitating any names you can remember of guys who signed LOIs with other schools before coming to Miami.

He's worth a scholly. **** we gave Milo four years and he didn't do jack ****. The 9th grader from Butler, etc.

Advertisement
Back