Issiah Walker in transfer portal

Seriously?

You're just going to name a bunch of names, and act like all those situations were identical? You're just going to pull a "how is this any different than" routine?

Greg Olsen went to Notre Dame because his brother was there. When his brother left ND, so did Greg.

James Jackson was worried about the Pell Grant situation, signed with Notre Dame, but never qualified and went to Fork Union. So...not a transfer.

Seantrel Henderson asked for his release from his LOI after the Reggie Bush sanctions were announced. So...not a transfer.

Brock Berlin was a quarterback stuck on the depth chart. Same reason Joe Burrow transferred. How did that work out?

Just stop the nonsense with regurgitating any names you can remember of guys who signed LOIs with other schools before coming to Miami.
We also did not have this local recruiting issue at those times that we are currently trying to work through, which I am not even sure is possible aside from just winning and developing players. If we did not have that, I am not sure there would be any question assuming no red flags.

Advertisement
We also did not have this local recruiting issue at those times that we are currently trying to work through, which I am not even sure is possible aside from just winning and developing players. If we did not have that, I am not sure there would be any question assuming no red flags.

I understand.

Here is an interesting issue to consider.

We would have taken this kid 4 months ago. Nothing much has changed, the kid MIGHT have had a couple of spring practices without pads.

It's not like he want to Florida and then SUCKED on the field. No reports that he's skipped out on weight training or nutrition regiments. He just went to Hogtown, didn't like it, and chose to leave.

I get Manny's point about "kids who want to be at Miami". If it was ONLY about that, then you have a binary black-or-white decision process. No.

But the fact that we ARE considering taking him, combined with the short passage of time between when we WOULD HAVE sent him an LOI and now would indicate that this is a (relative) no-brainer, perhaps only complicated by the Houston grad-transfer.

Let's stop debating this one into the ground. My 2 cents.

Advertisement
I understand.

Here is an interesting issue to consider.

We would have taken this kid 4 months ago. Nothing much has changed, the kid MIGHT have had a couple of spring practices without pads.

It's not like he want to Florida and then SUCKED on the field. No reports that he's skipped out on weight training or nutrition regiments. He just went to Hogtown, didn't like it, and chose to leave.

I get Manny's point about "kids who want to be at Miami". If it was ONLY about that, then you have a binary black-or-white decision process. No.

But the fact that we ARE considering taking him, combined with the short passage of time between when we WOULD HAVE sent him an LOI and now would indicate that this is a (relative) no-brainer, perhaps only complicated by the Houston grad-transfer.

Let's stop debating this one into the ground. My 2 cents.
I hear you, and am kind of in the middle on this one. I 100% agree that comparing IW to any of those other recruits is pointless. Different players, teams, stories, needs, etc. I think the greater point is Manny made a whole to-do over the value of the Miami offer, and if you commit then you shut it down, and so on and so forth... and then let Reed back in on the heels of letting Thomas back in and Jarren be the starter when he went AWOL. No matter what he does, it is a blurred line at this point.

It really has nothing to do with anything that Walker may or may not have done, other than initially signing with UF instead of us, and Manny possibly making some grand statement and example out of Walker. Initially, my thought was tell him to take a hike. But truthfully, we are not really in a position to do that, especially at OT. It would be a real kick in the nuts if he went to FSU and became an All ACC LT up there. I see both sides of the coin.

He's worth a scholly. **** we gave Milo four years and he didn't do jack ****. The 9th grader from Butler, etc.
I'm beyond embarrassed that Kennedy is from suburban Chicago. Those ***** are soft as **** up there. In the back of my mind, I had a feeling he'd struggle at Miami.

If he was truly homesick FSU doesn't make sense. It's even further away than Gainsville.
Exactly!!! Love the talent but kids that do this sht hardly pan out. Look at the bama dude. Said he was homesick and wanted to be with grandma cause she was ill. Then his *** went to Colorado?! And he got suspended as soon as he got there. If he really wanted in he would’ve contacted Manny and said “dude get me the fck outta here mane I hate this place” and it’s a wrap. No drama, no zoom calls or nothing. Dude is looking for either bags or promises.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he was truly homesick FSU doesn't make sense. It's even further away than Gainsville.

I imagine a Covid19 hardship for the waiver of sitting out one yr would be the only way unless there is something else going on that we don’t know about. If pandemic hardship, then UM would be the place.

Screenshot_20200507-154555_Chrome.webp

Advertisement
FSU feels more like Miami than Gainesville does. From what I’ve heard, it’s more complicated than being far away from home or homesick.

This is Vern's lad, isn't it?

What's the goss @blackvern ?

To me, unless he's committed a felony in the last 4 months - if he's interested, he's a take.

Advertisement
I say take him, at worst have him as the designated official visit buddy. Anybody that is between Miami and UF gets him on their official visit and explaining to them how terrible Gainesville is and how it is nothing like their staff says it is.

I would sign him but ima guess he ain’t coming. Fck all the feelings. Idk why ppl care about Manny future and “he needs to coach like it’s his last year”. If he get the Houston tackle and we still suck then nothing was accomplished. If he signs this kid and is fired next year, I’m fine with that. I hope he planning for the long-term and gets the best available talent. That may not make sense for him personally, but idgaf about his future if it’s not at Miami.

Advertisement
Back