I like our chances at the ACC title this year

Advertisement
6 wins is what I expect. 7 wins would make me happy. 8 wins is overachieving. And 9 wins would be absolutely shocking. Stunning really.

Looking at the roster, I see Golden aiming for big things in '14. Freshmen and Sophs gotta get their noses bloodied a bit though. And its going to be fun and painful to watch.

This might be a little off subject, but can any one give me a good reason why we shouldn't be excited about Morris aside from "he wasn't a 5 star recruit"?

Last year the ACC was about as weak as its ever been and we managed 3-5 in the conference. We haven't come close to even winning our division since we've been in the ACC. That won't change this year.

Advertisement
I like the optimism, but I think we'll start out strong then the youth will take a toll at the end of the season. The physical strength and durability won't be there in November for the young pups we will be depending on. I hope I'm wrong....

6-6

This might be a little off subject, but can any one give me a good reason why we shouldn't be excited about Morris aside from "he wasn't a 5 star recruit"?

Because he can't pass, can't run, and is the turnover king.

We lose 6 games just on QB play alone this year.

We need a QB.

We need a QB.

Yep, he needs to be a 15-23 1 TD with no turnovers kind of guy for us to have success. Just give the ball safely to the running backs and to Duke about 15 times a game and I think we will be fine, and most importantly, in every game.

Last year the ACC was about as weak as its ever been and we managed 3-5 in the conference. We haven't come close to even winning our division since we've been in the ACC. That won't change this year.

I think the ACC is the same as last year... We may sneak up on a few... I'm only worried about UVA, Clemson, ND and NC State on our schedule... VT will be close, FSU will be a really good game and I think UNC is trying to find their identities... The only way we'll be able to tell is when the season start... Now I will be honest, I wasnt impressed with our spring performance at all on both sides of the ball... Yea there were positives but not enough for me to say we can win this ship and that title... Its going to be a rebuilding year and the sooner our fans realize it the sooner will be able to take the next step...

Advertisement
I don't have a clue how we finish this year, I expect an improved team overall but don't know how that transfers into wins. It wouldn't surprise me if we won between 7-10 games, I know that is vague but that is kind of how last season was...the ball seemed to not bounce our way.

As for the ACC specifically, Florida State and Virginia Tech will be tough opponents. Even though we could have beaten both teams last year but mental mistakes prevented any chance of that. This year we play FSU and VT at home and 12 days apart, allowing a lot of time for preparation. Virginia and NC State will be decent too.

In general, we will be stronger, more disciplined yet incredibly young. I also expect the ball to bounce our way this year.

I believe Morris is capable of breaking the end zone against Kansas State,

I think we will stop punting the ball to Greg Reid, and

Maybe this year [Sean Spence] Denzel Perryman wraps up Logan Thomas on 4th and 1.

We need a QB.

Yep, he needs to be a 15-23 1 TD with no turnovers kind of guy for us to have success. Just give the ball safely to the running backs and to Duke about 15 times a game and I think we will be fine, and most importantly, in every game.

That strategy will only get you so far. At some point your QB has to be more than just a "don't **** it up" type. That only works if you have a monster defense, which we don't.

we came close to winning the Acc when we first joined in '04. There wasn't a coastal or an atlantic division due to the lack of twelve teams. We lost to Vag tech 16-10. I believe that was the closest we have ever been to winning the Acc. Let's see what happens in a couple of years.

Advertisement

We need a QB.

That strategy will only get you so far. At some point your QB has to be more than just a "don't **** it up" type. That only works if you have a monster defense, which we don't.

Hence, why we will be 6-6.

Advertisement
Morris will be just fine. He's had a year of work with Fisch emphasizing taking what you're given, and not forcing anything. In the event he has a bad game going - and all quarterbacks DO have a game where things just aren't tipping his way, we have a backup who has been taught the same things.

Time and again I hear of how our Freshmen, lacking experience, maturity, size, and so on cannot be relied upon to make game-changing plays. BS. Utter BS. I understand that in past classes, we had some freshmen who came in wanting to do their own thing, and some who weren't fully prepared for kickoff.

These freshmen are different. These freshmen have been working their asses off to get strong and improve their skills. A completely different mindset than we are accustomed to. These freshmen, along with upper classmen are determined to win. They believe they can win - not through their 'talent', but they expect to win because they've put in a ton of work like we've not seen in several years.

They're tougher mentally and physically than we're accustomed to, so don't be so quick to underrate them. Golden himself isn't the least bit hesitant to play those ready to play, and said up front that they really don't factor in whether a player is a freshman, redshirt freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior. He sees them. He sees what they can do. The entire coaching team sees. Upper classmen are bragging on the freshmen, and from limited comments expressed, the upper classmen seem a bit shocked at how hard they're working, how skilled they are, how determined they are, how strong they are, and how well they execute.

Can those of you closer to the program not feel the change? Do you not note the difference in attitude? Can you not see the difference in attitude and expectation by our 'Canes?

If you can't, your noodle is as numb as your nuts.

Has he done anything in the 4 games he has started to think otherwise? His performance against Maryland last year was "EH"

Advertisement
Back