2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This the **** I say all the time when we get all excited about guys and project them to a status they can never live up to.

THE FILM DOES NOT LIE!

I am excited for Stubbs he is going to be good but it ain't this.

dude was created in a lab. You just shouldn't be that big, that fast, that agile, that everything. Man, talk about gone too soon, ST was on his way to being the best DB ever and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Dude could do IT ALL!!!!

Advertisement
This was just unfair to every person who played against ST in high school. I almost feel like he should have been held out of the games like the 9 year old who is too heavy to run the ball per league rules. I can’t even imagine what it was like to game plan against him in high school, or to be told by your coach that he is your responsibility.

ST comes along once every 50 years. At best.
ST was a true GENERATIONAL talent. Generational is thrown around too often but not with ST.

You got your opinion, I’ve got mine

I think Stubbs is plenty good, I just think Ffrench is elite

U almost are acting like I’m saying Stubbs is a scrub, he’s getting a bag regardless……just Ffrench’s will be bigger
Regarding bag size, I wouldn’t doubt if Ffrench’s bag is bigger, but I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that to him being a better player as much as I would that just being the market. There are 16 Wide Receivers in the NFL that earn more annually than the highest paid Safety in the league.

No not this year but soon. Soon.
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Regarding bag size, I wouldn’t doubt if Ffrench’s bag is bigger, but I wouldn’t necessarily attribute that to him being a better player as much as I would that just being the market. There are 16 Wide Receivers in the NFL that earn more annually than the highest paid Safety in the league.

Sure

But again I’m not saying any disrespectful things about Stubbs other than saying Ffrench is the prize at mandarin

And **** if we get em both who cares if you or I are right on who is better lol

Advertisement
ST was a true GENERATIONAL talent. Generational is thrown around too often but not with ST.

He was going to be the best defensive back in the history of the sport. And I'm not saying that because of how his life ended. Go ask MANY dudes in the league. Start with Ryan Clark. Go ask him what Sean Taylor's career winds up being if those little ****suckers don't go into his crib that night. He was not generational. He was a transcendent unicorn.

He was going to be the best defensive back in the history of the sport. And I'm not saying that because of how his life ended. Go ask MANY dudes in the league. Start with Ryan Clark. Go ask him what Sean Taylor's career winds up being if those little ****suckers don't go into his crib that night. He was not generational. He was a transcendent unicorn.
Rare occasion where a ton of praise is still an understatement. He was the most exciting football player I ever watched.

Rare occasion where a ton of praise is still an understatement. He was the most exciting football player I ever watched.

He was certainly up there. I feel bad for our younger fans. I got to watch Sean at Gulliver absolutely embarrass dudes, I was in the stands when he knocked PK Sam's soul out of his body, I was in the stands for the best defensive game I've ever seen a singular player play in person in Doak in 2003, even the plays he made that he really wasn't even supposed to make (like the return against the gator in 2003) were just different. Being able to see him so many times in person is such an incredible blessing...YouTube just doesn't do it justice at all. He was genuinely unfair. It took him a bit to get his head on straight, I think Sean's life is well documented at this point, but that last year or so in Washington he really figured it all out. He was finally a true professional, and I genuinely believe with every part of me that he would have wound up the best defensive back to ever play the game. A true first-ballot Hall of Famer and all-time great.

He was certainly up there. I feel bad for our younger fans. I got to watch Sean at Gulliver absolutely embarrass dudes, I was in the stands when he knocked PK Sam's soul out of his body, I was in the stands for the best defensive game I've ever seen a singular player play in person in Doak in 2003, even the plays he made that he really wasn't even supposed to make (like the return against the gator in 2003) were just different. Being able to see him so many times in person is such an incredible blessing...YouTube just doesn't do it justice at all. He was genuinely unfair. It took him a bit to get his head on straight, I think Sean's life is well documented at this point, but that last year or so in Washington he really figured it all out. He was finally a true professional, and I genuinely believe with every part of me that he would have wound up the best defensive back to ever play the game. A true first-ballot Hall of Famer and all-time great.
I was 16 when he was murdered but I attribute a large portion of why I started playing football to him.

Advertisement

You are not kidding. One of the greatest to play and tough to justify with some due to a smaller overall sample (NFL) when doing comparisons. When he was at the U every time he had a pick, there was a chance he was returning it. It was almost as if he knew what the opponent was going to do coming after him before the player did.

It is so tough to justify who our greatest players ever were, but every time he or Hester had the ball in their hands you would not want to look away when watching. We had others also up there in that regard, but ST was a different breed IMO. I still have games on vcr tapes back then mainly because of these two players. The kick off return by Devin against the Gators to open the game back then got rewinded so much i am surprised the tape has anything left.

Lol, the good ole days of taping games on the VCR

You are not kidding. One of the greatest to play and tough to justify with some due to a smaller overall sample (NFL) when doing comparisons. When he was at the U every time he had a pick, there was a chance he was returning it. It was almost as if he knew what the opponent was going to do coming after him before the player did.

It is so tough to justify who our greatest players ever were, but every time he or Hester had the ball in their hands you would not want to look away when watching. We had others also up there in that regard, but ST was a different breed IMO. I still have games on vcr tapes back then mainly because of these two players. The kick off return by Devin against the Gators to open the game back then got rewinded so much i am surprised the tape has anything left.

Lol, the good ole days of taping games on the VCR
I have a bunch on tape!

I will write it, but I understand the hesitation to ever go there

Since … Sean Taylor.
Still I have to clear up what is bound to be a misunderstanding. In saying the above which I technically didn't say, I'm in no way inferring that Stubbs is in any way on or in any way close to being in Taylor's stratosphere. It's not meant as a direct comparison. I'm simply saying that Stubbs is the most instinctive and physicality talented Safety we have signed(if he signs with us) SINCE the late great Sean Taylor(may he rest in peace).

The truth is that I find it highly unlikely that there will ever be anyone that is worthy of a direct comparison to Sean Taylor in a very very long time if ever. I don't think that many people truly comprehend the extent of Taylor's greatness. Those thieving punks deprived the world of a beautiful life. That much is certain and that in and of itself is a horrific crime that only God Almighty can judge. Looking back however they were guilty of so much more if you take into consideration what they deprived the world of. They deprived us all of the opportunity to watch what would have easily been the greatest Safety/Defensive Back to ever play the game go through the prime of his career as well as the culmination of it. They deprived a man the opportunity to raise his daughter and to experience the joy that would have come from turning his life around. He has been gone for 16-17 years and no one has come close to showing the type of gifts and athletic ability that the Lord blessed Sean with.

Like Jerome Brown, another Hurricane who would have been the greatest ever at his position but was taken from us much too soon, Sean Taylor will always have a special and revered place in the pantheon of Hurricane greats. Rest in peace Sean. There will never be another like you.

Edit: P.S. Michael Wilbon and Colin Cowheard still suck!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We NEED to make him a packaged deal with Ffrench

I don’t care if they aren’t even friends, you get your $$$ when Ffrench signs too lol
He’s just as good as a prospect at safety as JF is at wr. It’s basically the same type of talent. I do agree we need to land JF but we going to be ok with the DB and DL haul. We will destroy teams regardless with or without him. He ain’t Jeremiah now

He’s just as good as a prospect at safety as JF is at wr. It’s basically the same type of talent. I do agree we need to land JF but we going to be ok with the DB and DL haul. We will destroy teams regardless with or without him. He ain’t Jeremiah now
Facts. Equal level talents but we need Stubbs way more right now considering the secondary is the least talented group. He has a chance to be a freshman starter just like Kam was.

Advertisement
Imagine going from Ed Reed to Sean Taylor to Kenny Phillips to ******* Alnozo Highsmith III and Kacey Rodgers

TrumpyCane can't handle it any longer
When I was younger and not so much into cfb I used to watch the canes just to see who was their safeties. I was watching mainly Sundays and like yo wtf are they sending into the league. It made me pay attention to Miami. But then when I finally start to watch they were trotting out scrubs who were pumped into the next reed or Taylor.

Then I see lsu and the sec sending those types to the league and started wondering wtf happened. Then realized the SEC stole miamis blueprint. Took advantage of Miami being down and built up their legacies. Still ****es me off till this day. Realized it wasn’t the school it was the HC they went to play for.
Imagine going from Ed Reed to Sean Taylor to Kenny Phillips to ******* Alnozo Highsmith III and Kacey Rodgers

TrumpyCane can't handle it any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back