2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban was key

That staff got overturned basically yearly and that train just kept rolling

It’s not like Saban was grabbing all these diamond in the rough 3 star kids who he turned into 1st rounders. He was getting the top kids every year and just stacked that roster. He had the talent advantage every week.
Not to mention a pretty big booster advantage for quite some time.

Advertisement
Hmm. Not sure about this list, some of these plates don’t look very good. Minimal smoke rings and bark in quite a few. Dry looking briskets. I’ve also been to blacks in Lockhart and it’s “aight”. Those ribs from Alabama look like leather straps. No Snows?

The picture may suck, but I have some friends who swear by Dreamland.

The original is solid, but when I went to a location in Atlanta, it sucked.

Hmm. Not sure about this list, some of these plates don’t look very good. Minimal smoke rings and bark in quite a few. Dry looking briskets. I’ve also been to blacks in Lockhart and it’s “aight”. Those ribs from Alabama look like leather straps. No Snows?
So basically this list is the On3 of BBQ rankings?

Advertisement

I’ve had Smoque (Chicago), Gates (KC), Shaved Duck (STL and 👎🏾), Dreamlands (Tuscaloosa), Bogarts (STL 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾), Central BBQ (Memphis), Kerlin’s (Austin).

I don’t trust any list that has Brooklyn BBQ in their top 3 though, I’m sorry.

Bogarts is legit, as is Kerlin’s but Kerlin’s isnt even the best BBQ in Austin so eh.

Was pretty surprised to see 4Rivers on there. It's good but they catch a ton of slack here in orlando . They have blown up though thats for sure.

So basically this list is the On3 of BBQ rankings?

Well, I asked my brother who leaves near Franklin TN about that Puckett place and quote it’s “pretty good” and that it’s not great. Not a ringing endorsement. Also, 4rivers from Orlando? Brooklyn? Lol

Advertisement
Was pretty surprised to see 4Rivers on there. It's good but they catch a ton of slack here in orlando . They have blown up though thats for sure.
4 Rivers on and no Arthur Bryants really made me distrust that list. 4 Rivers is OK, I've had a bad experience the last 4 times I've had and sent my brisket back the last time. It was all fat cap when I asked for moist. Whoever was back there carving wasn't pay attention.

4 Rivers on and no Arthur Bryants really made me distrust that list. 4 Rivers is OK, I've had a bad experience the last 4 times I've had and sent my brisket back the last time. It was all fat cap when I asked for moist. Whoever was back there carving wasn't pay attention.
4 Rivers is so ***. Most chain BBQ restaurants are.

Advertisement
Coopers in Llano TX is average for TX BBQ. Blacks in Lockhart TX is slightly above average. Terry Blacks (same family as Blacks) is top two for me in TX. With Franklins in Austin TX right there as 1 and 2.

Advertisement
Coopers in Llano TX is average for TX BBQ. Blacks in Lockhart TX is slightly above average. Terry Blacks (same family as Blacks) is top two for me in TX. With Franklins in Austin TX right there as 1 and 2.
When I lived in SATX Rudy’s (semi chain) was solid to me. Dallas/Ft. Worth I loved Hard Eight. Chain spot I would go to for their smoked wings was Bar-b-cutie. Friday work lunch for under $15 bucks. Then they got a pluckers in the same parking lot and things changed lol.

These lists are always silly IMO. They're for those who can't bother to spend a few months learning to smoke pig or cow themselves. It's not hard. I've been to a few on this list and I can make better pulled pork or brisket at home.

BTW... we're now in a BBQ thread lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back