2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They didn't have HUDL when either ST or KP came out, so I can't compare them based on film, and it'essentially impossible to compare a HS highlight and what we saw KP and ST do at Miami. What I do know is that Stubbs shows more than enough to believe he will play at a (very) high level at Miami.
As long as his speed translates he will be fine. Same like a qb does, does he identify at this level quick and make the throw/be accurate and read it fast. If his speed translates we have a stud ladies and gents.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 247 definitely gets Intel from this site
Screenshot_20240701_131159_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Saw elsewhere in this thread that he has a verified 38" vert which is impressive for a center field type safety with great instincts. That's how you draw them up.

Any verified speed numbers for him?

The 38" vertical is the only "verified" number I could find. There's an Ivins note on his 247 profile from last year mentioning that Stubbs' 40 yard dash time signals he lacks "elite burst," but no actual numbers were presented.

Advertisement
They didn't have HUDL when either ST or KP came out, so I can't compare them based on film, and it'essentially impossible to compare a HS highlight and what we saw KP and ST do at Miami. What I do know is that Stubbs shows more than enough to believe he will play at a (very) high level at Miami.

This the **** I say all the time when we get all excited about guys and project them to a status they can never live up to.

THE FILM DOES NOT LIE!

I am excited for Stubbs he is going to be good but it ain't this.

Last edited:
This the **** I say all the time when we get all excited about guys and project them to a status they can never live up to.

THE FILM DOES NOT LIE!

Never gonna be an athlete his size with the agility smarts and speed to dominate a game from the safety position for a long time if ever...

If Stubbs can be like a Kenny Phillips or Daryl Williams we looking great...

Advertisement
The 38" vertical is the only "verified" number I could find. There's an Ivins note on his 247 profile from last year mentioning that Stubbs' 40 yard dash time signals he lacks "elite burst," but no actual numbers were presented.

Yeah, doesn’t seem to have elite burst but to be honest, explosive vertical + great instincts/timing more than makes up for it.

Never gonna be an athlete his size with the agility smarts and speed to dominate a game from the safety position for a long time if ever...

Taylor is more like once in a lifetime athletic freak at 6'3" 225-230 pounds who ran a 10.6 100 meters. Plus he had the best instincts. He had it all. So sad how he had his life cut short before he could show it on the NFL field for more than just a couple of years.

THE FILM DOES NOT LIE!

This was just unfair to every person who played against ST in high school. I almost feel like he should have been held out of the games like the 9 year old who is too heavy to run the ball per league rules. I can’t even imagine what it was like to game plan against him in high school, or to be told by your coach that he is your responsibility.

ST comes along once every 50 years. At best.

Advertisement

Dam, Williams was a great player here. Brought back some great memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back