Henry Parrish

If the roles were reversed we would call the other fanbase idiots for saying anyone other than Martinez is better than parish lol

We saw him and fletch in the same situation and one was better, now one is #6 in the country somewhere else and we still saying he’s not better than our guy? Just try to think logically for once

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fair enough makes sense.

I think he would be our #1/#2 here still mind you.
There's honestly no debate that he'd be our #2 back.

It's just fans have an extremely hard time looking at these things objectively.

There are no real tangible arguments to be made for any RB on our roster except Damien Martinez. DM is clear cut better & would still be the unquestioned #1.

But once you start saying sh*t like Parrish would be our 4th back or, he's not better than Allen, Lyle, Fletcher etc, it's simply an argument based on homerism with absolutely no evidence or facts to support that claim.

The facts are the facts, people just decide when they want or don't want to accept them.

There's honestly no debate that he'd be our #2 back.

It's just fans have an extremely hard time looking at these things objectively.

There are no real tangible arguments to be made for any RB on our roster except Damien Martinez. DM is clear cut better & would still be the unquestioned #1.

But once you start saying sh*t like Parrish would be our 4th back or, he's not better than Allen, Lyle, Fletcher etc, it's simply an argument based on homerism with absolutely no evidence or facts to support that claim.

The facts are the facts, people just decide when they want or don't want to accept them.
He played over Allen already agreed there.

My only point of contention ever with Parrish as a #1 is health.

Hes a solid #2

Sidenote were already seeing fans say Martinez isn't billed as advertised. It is what it is. Some people just suck at life and are never happy lol.

I can say with confidence that Parrish would not be our #2 back. He'd most likely be #3 ahead of Lyle.

Would he be our second-best back? That's a different question, and I respect other opinions from great posters. But these coaches would play Parrish behind Martinez and Fletcher.

There is a reason the top college teams prefer big backs. And while Parrish is a good pass protector for his size, Fletcher is even better with about forty pounds of extra weight. We pass almost 55% of the time, and our best player is the guy who needs protection.

Advertisement
I’m confused if he “would be our 2nd best back but not #2 on the depth chart” isn’t that an indictment on the coaches rather than his skill set??
No. Different skill sets and areas of value will mean different things to different teams and schemes.

Advertisement
With Martinez as our #1, I'd absolutely prefer to have Parish as our #2 Rb, even though I don't think he's anything special. He's just good.

If say like CJjr was our starting RB, I'd prefer to have Fletcher as our #2 over Parish.

That's probably the most reasonable way to put this.

I can say with confidence that Parrish would not be our #2 back. He'd most likely be #3 ahead of Lyle.

Would he be our second-best back? That's a different question, and I respect other opinions from great posters. But these coaches would play Parrish behind Martinez and Fletcher.

There is a reason the top college teams prefer big backs. And while Parrish is a good pass protector for his size, Fletcher is even better with about forty pounds of extra weight. We pass almost 55% of the time, and our best player is the guy who needs protection.
Lyle is a problem.

Can't wait to watch his career. His pass protection at UF was awesome to see being here for only two months

I liked them both. Parrish did better than Fletcher 6.3 yards vs 4.9 yards a carry and the most TDs. Parrish is faster having decent speed at 11.0 100 meter and good vision. Fletcher did better as a receiver out of the back field than Parrish. I thought Chaney would have been the best because of his size and 10.7 speed but seemed to never find the open holes.

They had to play against a stacked box because of Van Dyke's ****** QB play and Mario would run no matter how many were in the box.

Cam is the number one QB in the country and now opens up everything for the running backs. The opposing defenses have been stacking the box thinking Mario is going to run caveman first and they get have been getting torched in the air for doing so.
I guess bottom line, we have 5 very talented backs, power and speed, and we will not miss Parrish. Let's see how all shakes out the end of the season. And, he left for a reason.

Advertisement
I have written before about what constitutes elite. I think in particular at running back some Miami fans have forgotten what an elite back looks like.

As far as Parrish, he is currently better than all our rb’s except Martinez IMO

Yep

Advertisement
Sample size of our current players is much smaller than Parrish. Is he not a 4th year player? How can you compare him to Fletcher or Lyle?

This is why I think it's fair to question our RB recruitment. Since Mario has been here:

Big (3) - Fletcher, Citizen + Martinez as a transfer
Average (1) - Lyle
Small (5) - CJ, CWH, Pringle + Allen & Parrish as transfers

I think our best RB's at the moment just happen to be big backs vs we want big backs as a philosophy. Our recruitment shows opposite.

If we're dedicated to having big backs we need to add another in this cycle and/or add a big time big RB in the portal.

Last edited:
I’m confused if he “would be our 2nd best back but not #2 on the depth chart” isn’t that an indictment on the coaches rather than his skill set??
I know D$ doesn't agree because we've been back and forth on this....

But IMO it's not uncommon that a depth chart isn't a clearly defined reflection of talent.

A coaches preferences, biases, favoritism, ego, etc. - any one or a combo of these factors alongside talent can go into creating a depth chart.

And sometimes the coaches just flat out make mistakes.

Last edited:

I agree, maybe #2.5 to make it even behind Martinez.

Bottom line is he’d be a far more efficient asset on this year’s squad as opposed to years prior when he was here. He was overused relative to his size and skill set due to a lack of talent and depth.

Hope he keeps tearing it up.

Advertisement
Back