Henry Parrish

Advertisement
I remember most of you *****ing Parrish couldn’t break ****. Let the past be the past. Our rb room is so much better now.

Advertisement
Currently top 10 in rushing in the Nation, but wouldn't crack the 3-deep at Miami...

Lol you guys truly live in Bizarro world.

brother, it don't gotta be like this...

Ole Miss played Furman, Middle Tenn St. and Wake Forest so far and their defense allowed the "competition" to score a total of 9 points.

They've run 78 plays per game and the top 4 RBs all average >7.1 ypc:
  • Parrish 7.8ypc on 45 carries
  • Jones 7.1ypc on 21 carries
  • Thomas 7.5ypc on 8 carries
  • Amos 11.0ypc on 5 carries
There will be stats generated by nature of the system and volume but, respectfully, let's not over-inflate the value of those numbers.

Last edited:
Fletcher is a much better back than Parrish.
I liked them both. Parrish did better than Fletcher 6.3 yards vs 4.9 yards a carry and the most TDs. Parrish is faster having decent speed at 11.0 100 meter and good vision. Fletcher did better as a receiver out of the back field than Parrish. I thought Chaney would have been the best because of his size and 10.7 speed but seemed to never find the open holes.

They had to play against a stacked box because of Van Dyke's ****** QB play and Mario would run no matter how many were in the box.

Cam is the number one QB in the country and now opens up everything for the running backs. The opposing defenses have been stacking the box thinking Mario is going to run caveman first and they get have been getting torched in the air for doing so.

Advertisement
I thought Parrish was our best back last year and was surprised Fletcher got so much burn as a true freshman. Still too early to tell if Parrish is better than Martinez or Fletcher. At least @ Miam.

I'll take Fletcher any day over the guy who fumbles at the goal line and can't catch a wide open screen pass. The others you can't compare they haven't been around as long. Sometimes I think you set the world on fire just to watch it burn.

I'll take Fletcher any day over the guy who fumbles at the goal line and can't catch a wide open screen pass. The others you can't compare they haven't been around as long. Sometimes I think you set the world on fire just to watch it burn.
And Parrish goes down if you lay a finger on him

Advertisement

Ole Miss played Furman, Middle Tenn St. and Wake Forest so far and their defense allowed the "competition" to score a total of 9 points.

There will be stats generated by nature of the system and volume but, respectfully, let's not over-inflate the value of those numbers.
I agree and would take it a step further:
  • Parrish 7.8 ypc on 45 carries (thru 3 games @Ole Miss in 2024)
  • Parrish 7.9 ypc on 42 carries (thru 4 games @Miami in 2023)

It's not the system, it's just the start of the season. Everyone's playing cupcakes & there's tons of RB's putting up big numbers right now. The numbers look great, no doubt, but they aren't real.

Same as every year - you need to wait until 3-4 Power Conference games have been played to make an accurate assessment.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Ole Miss played Furman, Middle Tenn St. and Wake Forest so far and thei defense allowed the "competition" to score a total of 9 points.

And we haven't had a single 100yd rusher against any opponent P4 we've played this season.

But the guy who put up 133yds & 2TD's on an ACC opponent would be our 4th RB?

Last edited:
I'm not Parrish's #1 fan, I simply speak facts as they are & won't project based off nothing but pure imagination.

No one, who isn't an absolute biased homer who either doesn't know the game or is simply clueless in general, can make a legitimate argument that Allen, Fletcher & Lyle are better than Parrish. There simply isn't any proof to support that claim.
Counter-argument

Why did he leave then?

Advertisement
Back