Henry Parrish

Advertisement
Goes to show you how good our RB room has become. Parrish is a starting RB on a Top 10 team. Yet I think most of us would agree that Martinez, Fletcher, Allen and Lyle are better backs.
Yea we are fine at rb. Parrish went down if you laid a finger on him.

Advertisement
Only homers would agree.

Martinez is the only one that has an argument to be considered a better back.

Fletcher, Lyle & Allen are not.
I've been in on Parrish since high school, but Fletcher's size brings an extra dimension that makes him more valuable on the open market.

I do agree Parrish is the better pure runner.

Advertisement
You've always been Parrish's #1 fan. I respect that. So I won't speak for anyone else, just myself. I would take our 4 over Parrish. Maybe not Lyle yet, but he'll be better by next season.
Based on what? He's out produced all of them. He got hurt last year, not passed up and when he came back he went was the best back once again. Is this your eyes or a recruiting ranking telling you this?

You've always been Parrish's #1 fan. I respect that. So I won't speak for anyone else, just myself. I would take our 4 over Parrish. Maybe not Lyle yet, but he'll be better by next season.
I'm not Parrish's #1 fan, I simply speak facts as they are & won't project based off nothing but pure imagination.

No one, who isn't an absolute biased homer who either doesn't know the game or is simply clueless in general, can make a legitimate argument that Allen, Fletcher & Lyle are better than Parrish. There simply isn't any proof to support that claim.

Based on what? He's out produced all of them. He got hurt last year, not passed up and when he came back he went was the best back once again. Is this your eyes or a recruiting ranking telling you this?

My eyes. Though I admit I didn't watch Ole Miss play this year. So it's my memory from the past 2 years vs. my eyes watch our guys this year.

I've been in on Parrish since high school, but Fletcher's size brings an extra dimension that makes him more valuable on the open market.

I do agree Parrish is the better pure runner.
Only one have them have actually been on the open market, so there's no way to actually prove that.

Advertisement
I'm not Parrish's #1 fan, I simply speak facts as they are & won't project based off nothing but pure imagination.

No one, who isn't an absolute biased homer who either doesn't know the game or is simply clueless in general, can make a legitimate argument that Allen, Fletcher & Lyle are better than Parrish. There simply isn't any proof to support that claim.

All good. You're right, I'm wrong. Glad Parrish is balling out at Ole Miss.

Only one have them have actually been on the open market, so there's no way to actually prove that.
Fletcher was on the open market as a recruit, a year before Parrish went on the market as a Portal transfer. Not a perfect comparison, but close. We also valued Fletcher over Parrish internally after the season. The trend we see is that the traditional powers (Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State) place a heavy premium on size.

I'm a huge Parrish fan and wanted us to offer him back in high school. He was always a tougher and better player than Chaney. But Fletcher brings a unique all-around skillset with his ability to wear down defenses and also elevate the passing game as a blocker and receiver.

Advertisement
[]__[] led the FBS in yards between the guards in 2023; Parish is serviceable but Mario wants to run between the tackles and, at his size, he neither has the contact-balance nor raw speed to take carries from our top 3.

Martinez is a finished product and has underwhelmed within overall poor running game execution, but Fletcher and Lyle have high ceilings as they continue to develop.

Last edited:
[]__[] led the FBS in yards between the guards in 2023; Parish is serviceable but Mario wants to run between the tackles and, at his size, he neither has the contact-balance nor raw speed to take carries from our top 3.

Martinez has underwhelmed as the entirety of running game execution needs to be better, but Fletcher and Lyle have high ceilings.
am i the only one that thinks aj alan should be in the top 3?

I've become a big believer in Mark Fletcher and think he'll be an absolute beast with another offseason of development; really excited about the potential of our roster as a whole.

Advertisement
Back