GT VS CLEMSON

Advertisement
Dream scenario: FSU goes 6-6 to become bowl eligible and upsets Clemson. Willie Taggart gets 4 year contract extension. Miami plays Syracuse in ACC championship game.

Also Lawrence gets dinged up and decides go to XFL in 2020, taking a bunch of Tigers with him.
😂 you still talking about the xfl? Nobody is going there. That league will be for guys who can't make it in the nfl.

I think Clemson will lose a game this year. It won’t be to us in the ACC title game. I totally agree with your post.
Honestly I think Clemson could lose T Law and Etienne and still could be in championship game against bama. Could they lose 1? Yes, but right now they are the gold standard of a roster that is loaded with playoff talent. Heck 2001 Miami almost lost to BC, but when it’s on the line they will show up. If j Williams and this team shows fight and keeps it respectable vs Clemson I have no problem with losing a respectable game.

Advertisement
😂 you still talking about the xfl? Nobody is going there. That league will be for guys who can't make it in the nfl.

Nah 1 yr deal, 600k, plus multi million endorsement deals. Set precedent for college players who cant jump to NFL because of communist rule saying have to be out of HS 3 years. Plus it would poetic justice since his c0cksucker head coach, who just got a contract worth about 9 million a year, is the most outspoken opponent of any level of compensation for college players.

Once the first big name college player makes the jump to xfl, gets paid for 1 yr, signs endorsement deals, then gets drafted #1 by NFL the following year (showing it didnt hurt draft stock), the party's over for Alabama, Clemson and the other bag droppers. They aren't getting away with dropping bags of 3-4 million a year.

Last edited:
These week 1 games blow except for Oregon Auburn. Even Sunday and mondays game will suck ****.

I think Clemson will lose a game this year. It won’t be to us in the ACC title game. I totally agree with your post.

Of course they could. If I had to bet, I would say they would lose one but they could lose one and still win it all.

Advertisement
It's amazing to see what Clemson has become. They are an absolute juggernaut, hope we can get back to where we can compete with them. We're no where near that yet.

Going to have to pull out the big gun$ to get there unfortunately. We can possibly beat them when they are at their youngest and Lawrence is gone.

UM

Ladson scored huh? Him and Stevenson at South Dade junior year then Stevenson transferred.

Going to have to pull out the big gun$ to get there unfortunately. We can possibly beat them when they are at their youngest and Lawrence is gone.

UM

Any time someone says a team is unbeatable, I refer them to the Patriots- Giants super bowl. The talent level wasn't close, but amazing things happen when you beat up the QB and big time players make big time plays

Advertisement
Nah 1 yr deal, 600k, plus multi million endorsement deals. Set precedent for college players who cant jump to NFL because of communist rule saying have to be out of HS 3 years. Plus it would poetic justice since his c0cksucker head coach, who just got a contract worth about 9 million a year, is the most outspoken opponent of any level of compensation for college players.

Once the first big name college player makes the jump to xfl, gets paid for 1 yr, signs endorsement deals, then gets drafted #1 by NFL the following year (showing it didnt hurt draft stock), the party's over for Alabama, Clemson and the other bag droppers. They aren't getting away with dropping bags of 3-4 million a year.

Just like Mudiay a couple years ago was gonna start that trend in basketball right? He went overseas instead of college to get paid and hardly anybody else has followed. It doesn’t work like that man.

These kids are WELL taken care of in college and no kid wants to lose the star power they have on campus and across the country. Nobody would watch the XFL for Lawrence. And why would he leave the cushy job he’s got now, for some rejects who might get him killed?

Just like Mudiay a couple years ago was gonna start that trend in basketball right? He went overseas instead of college to get paid and hardly anybody else has followed. It doesn’t work like that man.

These kids are WELL taken care of in college and no kid wants to lose the star power they have on campus and across the country. Nobody would watch the XFL for Lawrence. And why would he leave the cushy job he’s got now, for some rejects who might get him killed?

Basketball is a completely different animal. That whole scandal was basically basketball players getting shoe contracts our of high school, since they would be in college for only 1 year, get max exposure, and then to NBA. College Football requires a min of 3 years and the risk of injury is significant. Elite NFL players are retiring at age 28 now. If a true freshman has a breakout season so that he's a lock #1 pick like Lawrence, why give up 2 full year of making millions in endorsements, and risk getting injured working for free, when going to be drafted #1 anyways as soon as he is eligible?

Putin involved. I'm sure.

Advertisement
Basketball is a completely different animal. That whole scandal was basically basketball players getting shoe contracts our of high school, since they would be in college for only 1 year, get max exposure, and then to NBA. College Football requires a min of 3 years and the risk of injury is significant. Elite NFL players are retiring at age 28 now. If a true freshman has a breakout season so that he's a lock #1 pick like Lawrence, why give up 2 full year of making millions in endorsements, and risk getting injured working for free, when going to be drafted #1 anyways as soon as he is eligible?

I understand where you’re coming from I just don’t think it’ll ever happen. These kids are doing well in college and getting treated like kings. They have insurance policies for the good ones protecting against injury. I just don’t ever see someone leaving a good situation to do that.

Now could it make sense for a group of 5 guy who has all the talent to make that move for a year? Idk that would have to be a decision scouts could make. I’m sure having tape against xfl guys beats tape against the MAC like in the case of Khalil Mack but then again he was almost a lock to be a top pick so why risk it. Maybe a top FCS player? It’s definitely an interesting take that I would like to hear scouts opinions on. Although I just don’t see xfl teams developing kids like a D1 college can

Advertisement
Back