GT VS CLEMSON

Advertisement
Some notes from their board:

Lawrence said on the broadcast postgame that Georgia Tech showed some things defensively they weren't expecting

The first pick looked like it caught Lawrence by surprise more than anything. Lawrence said on the broadcast that on the second pick, he was trying to throw it away but it got away from him.

Lawrence completed 13-of-23 pass attempts for 168 yards and one touchdown and 2 interceptions. He also rushed three times for 24 yards with a touchdown. Of the 168 yds passing, 62 were on one TD pass to Higgins.

Clemson recorded 632 total yards, 411 of these came rushing.

Every true freshmen got into the game except 4 players. Tyler Davis started as DT. Frank Ladson caught his first college pass which also happened to be a TD thrown by Chase Brice.

Some notes from their board:

Lawrence said on the broadcast postgame that Georgia Tech showed some things defensively they weren't expecting

The first pick looked like it caught Lawrence by surprise more than anything. Lawrence said on the broadcast that on the second pick, he was trying to throw it away but it got away from him.

Lawrence completed 13-of-23 pass attempts for 168 yards and one touchdown and 2 interceptions. He also rushed three times for 24 yards with a touchdown. Of the 168 yds passing, 62 were on one TD pass to Higgins.

Clemson recorded 632 total yards, 411 of these came rushing.

Every true freshmen got into the game except 4 players. Tyler Davis started as DT. Frank Ladson caught his first college pass which also happened to be a TD thrown by Chase Brice.

I wish we could get our guys true game minutes against teams like GT instead of Savannah St.

So let me get this right Jarren had a much better statical game then Trevor while also running for his life?
849614A3-5833-460C-93E3-3C6F7A56CB6B.png
EC6EE8E2-45AA-4DEF-AE2D-B43C92019170.png

Advertisement
Too bad we don’t have the bags mojo to put Lawrence in the Transfer Portal. He’d kill it here.

The ejaculating after Lawrence ran in for the TD was a wee bit pre-mature he looked pedestrian for the rest of the game. Hot take, Sophomore slump com'in.

Advertisement
Lawrence is surprising mobile for his size. I didn’t watch him in HS. But I think it’s interesting that you run read option with a 6’6 QB and it works like a charm.

Clemson is very good at every position. Most of their starters would start anywhere except for perhaps Bama where it might be only 60%. Think about that. A very average college, located in the middle of nowhere in a very redneck state has been able to sign 50-60 of the top players in the NATION! Either they pay very well or Dabo is a legendary recruiter.......................

Advertisement
Clemson is very good at every position. Most of their starters would start anywhere except for perhaps Bama where it might be only 60%. Think about that. A very average college, located in the middle of nowhere in a very redneck state has been able to sign 50-60 of the top players in the NATION! Either they pay very well or Dabo is a legendary recruiter.......................
I'm envious of their skill position players, seems like everyone of their receivers is 6'3" can catch everything and runs like a deer

Clemson is well above average academically, and it is by far the best school in South Carolina.

Why? That long TD throw was essentially just a jump ball.

He has a lot of things to improve on.
This is how Clemson plays. You'll frustrate yourself watching their passing game and saying this. I learned the hard way.

Those jump balls are part of their attack and it's clear they coach and practice them.

Advertisement
Lawrence told reporters after the game that Georgia Tech threw some stuff at them defensively they hadn't prepared for and had not seen

How did Swilling not house that? And lol GT couldn’t score from the 3

If he cut back on TL, he could’ve housed that and given Georgia Tech some momentum. But alas we all saw the ineptitude of their offense at what, 1st and goal from the 3yd line? Looks like all opposing teams will need to do it pack 8-9 defenders in the box and double dare them to thro.

Advertisement
Back