Glen Logan - LSU DT

LSU fans are confused at why he'd be transferring. They think the depth chart isn't so much of a problem for him. Why exactly is he seeking transfer?

Maybe Logan prefers the freedom Diaz's defense affords it's d-linemen. In our defense our d-linemen are allowed to penetrate and disrupt whereas in Dave Aranda 3-4 the d-linemen are tasked with commanding double teams so that the lb's can make plays.

I seem to recall this being a reason why we couldn't recruit DL, I'm wondering why they are able to do it?
tumblr_neff63lNaB1smv1p3o1_500.gif

Advertisement
LSU fans are confused at why he'd be transferring. They think the depth chart isn't so much of a problem for him. Why exactly is he seeking transfer?

Maybe Logan prefers the freedom Diaz's defense affords it's d-linemen. In our defense our d-linemen are allowed to penetrate and disrupt whereas in Dave Aranda 3-4 the d-linemen are tasked with commanding double teams so that the lb's can make plays.

I seem to recall this being a reason why we couldn't recruit DL, I'm wondering why they are able to do it?

This was the main reason they lost out on Marvin Wilson

Are LSU fans hearing the rumors he may be transferring too? Or is this all coming from Pete and our end?

Aranda just made the move to LSU and installed the 3-4. This is the guy that countless others wanted as our DC...now guys are potentially transferring away b/c they don't like his style. The same thing we all complained about with the previous regime. Kinda funny how that works.

Advertisement

Aranda just made the move to LSU and installed the 3-4. This is the guy that countless others wanted as our DC...now guys are potentially transferring away b/c they don't like his style. The same thing we all complained about with the previous regime. Kinda funny how that works.

The answer I was getting at was money, but yours is good too. If I recall, many people didn't want Aranda because he runs a 3-4 and most of us had had enough of that. Whatever the case, I'm more than happy to swap DL fortunes with LSU.

Lol if LSU finally gets the offense going under Canada and their defense falls apart after near decades of dominance with Saban and Chavis

It's still new. I wouldn't be surprised to see a decreased interest. Not at our level because it's L$U but a decrease nonetheless.

Lol if LSU finally gets the offense going under Canada and their defense falls apart after near decades of dominance with Saban and Chavis

Kind of like what happened to us eventually.

Early/Mid 2000s, we had the defense. All we needed was an offense (Pat Nix,Kirby Freemen, Kyle Wright, Robert Marve, etc).

We finally became decent enough on offense to win with an elite defense towards the latter end of the decade (Stephen Morris, Duke, Lamar Miller, Hankerson, Walford, etc), but our defense just totally **** the bed after Shannon's poor recruiting combined with Golden's ****** scheme and recruiting.

Thank God for Richt/Manny/Kool.

Advertisement

The fans wanted Aranda here. So did Rick. Rick tried to hire him but got outbid by LSU.

Second, guys transfer all the time regardless of the quality of coaches. Courtel Jenkins left here. That doesn't mean Diaz or Kool sucks.

The fans wanted Aranda here. So did Rick. Rick tried to hire him but got outbid by LSU.

Second, guys transfer all the time regardless of the quality of coaches. Courtel Jenkins left here. That doesn't mean Diaz or Kool sucks.

Jenkins got dismissed.

3-4 works, but in the NFL, players are paid to play it, although maybe not as much as kids recruited to SEC teams... but still, kids coming out of high school seem to like playing a 4-3, 1-gap style defense, where they can be aggressive. they don't want to play in a system where they can't make plays. It was a huge negative recruiting tool against Miami when Golden was here.

Advertisement

Glad he went to LSU , I don't want another onion defense in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenkins got dismissed.

For what exactly? He says he decided to leave.

Jenkins got dismissed.

For what exactly? He says he decided to leave.

Miami Hurricanes dismiss DT CourtelÂJenkins

Advertisement

Richt got the right man for the job at DC...thank God he doesn't listen to us message board warriors. Turns out Aranda would've been closer to Dorito 2.0 than Diaz.

Can I just say how happy it makes me when a discernible trait of our defense and the defensive players that we recruit is "violent". After 5 years of whatever the **** that was, just a simple one word answer warms my heart.

Richt got the right man for the job at DC...thank God he doesn't listen to us message board warriors. Turns out Aranda would've been closer to Dorito 2.0 than Diaz.

Aranda's defense is excellent and aggressive. It's nothing like Dorito's.

Advertisement
Back