Tears Gator Tears

5-0

f959a8469f78455897f2423ba81ca448.jpg
Spider Man Lol GIF

Advertisement
For real question, and I just need a quick answer as not to hijack this thread

Does the University of Miami get any taxpayer funded monies?

In the form of competitive grants gotten by researchers, and partnerships under cooperative agreements (for instance the Marine Science school, RSMAS, does work with NOAA under cooperative agreements) but I don't think they get any sort of operational money or set budget from state or federal funds. I could be mistaken though?

Advertisement
I think they're going to do better during that stretch than most people think. If they can somehow manage to be at 4 wins before that stretch starts I think they'll have the motivation to win two. I think FSU is winnable for them and they may shock one of the other 4. Getting to .500 with that schedule would be motivation.

Taika Waititi Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Not sure if you’re referring to this but Bright Futures and Florida Ease Grant do get applied at UM and any University in the state of Florida.

Advertisement
@flagator86

I was at your stance one time bruh. That you could be in a rivals board laughing at your own team cause you accepted that it’s being run into the ground with no hope. I was like that when I accepted Golden was cheeks and they hired MR. I was already laughing at everything bad about us cause there was no hope. I know where you at with your team, you root for them but u know the program is lost.

@TheOriginalCane my man said a whole bunch of nathan

What a massive load of bull****.

He's got these great people with great skills who need to be highly paid...OK, then move to Hogtown, where the cost of living is cheap. If you want to do the job so bad, then do it. But don't hire people in New York City to work in their overpriced housing and then bill the citizens of Florida to fly down every so often.

What a joke. "Hey, let me tell you about all my brilliant ideas that I didn't get accomplished during my 18 months on the job, in the hope that you will ignore the reality of my massive expenditures for employees that don't even have a solid job description."

This is the reality of a certain type of politician. The ones who tell you how bloated and wasteful "higher education" is (he quoted "200 academic departments!!!") while they simply move the money from faculty and students to their own personal friends and consultants.

If he has so many great ideas on how to "reform" what is (admittedly and/or sadly) a pretty highly-ranked school, then he doesn't need to pay a consultant. And if the consultants can come up with all the great ideas, then there is no need to pay a politician-turned-university-president and his entire former Congressional staff office.

It's all bull****. But he reeeeeally set the record straight with all that talk about his genius ideas that have yet to be implemented.

Oh, and @flagator86 , don't forget, one of my four degrees is from Florida.

Indirectly, yes.

For instance, when I went to UM, I got a Pell Grant. That is federal taxpayer money. Of course, I could have received that money even if I had gone to the University of Florida. I also got a "Florida Student Assistant Grant" and a "Florida Tuition Voucher". The first one would have applied if I had gone to Florida, while the second one was "hey, this is for kids who go to private schools in Florida, since you are not going to a public school, we went to give you a tiny piece of your parents' tax money".

Also, a lot of the research money that UM gets comes from the federal government. I'm not sure if any comes from the state. Maybe a bit.

Advertisement
Indirectly, yes.

For instance, when I went to UM, I got a Pell Grant. That is federal taxpayer money. Of course, I could have received that money even if I had gone to the University of Florida. I also got a "Florida Student Assistant Grant" and a "Florida Tuition Voucher". The first one would have applied if I had gone to Florida, while the second one was "hey, this is for kids who go to private schools in Florida, since you are not going to a public school, we went to give you a tiny piece of your parents' tax money".

Also, a lot of the research money that UM gets comes from the federal government. I'm not sure if any comes from the state. Maybe a bit.

Definitely get Federal research grants, that’s indisputable… but state money? Nothing really significant that I’m aware of, unless someone has different info.

Not a ton noteworthy from their scrimmage today but the right side of the line still stinks. Supposedly the left side looks pretty good but RG and RT, nobody has taken control of either job. Their line is gonna be average at best in pass pro overall. Will be interesting to see if Guidry overloads that side in the game to make those kids communicate and try to move. Bain being in the middle of that makes me feel pretty tingly in my pants. You gotta think they’re gonna help on that side, so max protect and leave Mesidor and either Alston or Baron one on one on Mertz’s backside makes it move a little too.

So, so, so, so, SO important to get out to a lead and try to make them one dimensional. Our pass rush pinning their ears back on obvious throwing situations is going to be such a massive advantage.

Advertisement
Not a ton noteworthy from their scrimmage today but the right side of the line still stinks. Supposedly the left side looks pretty good but RG and RT, nobody has taken control of either job. Their line is gonna be average at best in pass pro overall. Will be interesting to see if Guidry overloads that side in the game to make those kids communicate and try to move. Bain being in the middle of that makes me feel pretty tingly in my pants. You gotta think they’re gonna help on that side, so max protect and leave Mesidor and either Alston or Baron one on one on Mertz’s backside makes it move a little too.

So, so, so, so, SO important to get out to a lead and try to make them one dimensional. Our pass rush pinning their ears back on obvious throwing situations is going to be such a massive advantage.
Do they have any difference makers on defense?

Advertisement
Back