Tears Gator Tears

it reminds me of us before the 2022 season. “If the line can do its job, we’ll be set”. What part of the offensive line is garbage do you not understand? You’re not going to all of the sudden call magic plays and turn a bunch of bums into super stars. Just like Gattis, if Billy’s line can’t overpower opponents, he has nothing else to offer on offense

Advertisement
View attachment 293528View attachment 293529

Also, Lindy’s has these gator units ranked accordingly in the SEC:

QB 8
RB 4
WR 10 - but but but b4 Badger signed.
LB 11
DB 11
Special Teams 13

View attachment 293530View attachment 293531View attachment 293532View attachment 293533

I love the guy who says "our QB room is a lot better than people seem to think".

HOW?

They have a starting QB who dinked and dunked for one year successfully. And a true freshman who, while talented, has not played a single snap of college football. Both will be playing behind an OL that ranks fourteenth OUT OF SIXTEEN schools in the SEC.

Good luck with that.

View attachment 293569
Lizardville: Ground zero for "Thanking fast."

Male identifying Lizard: "Gaawwwd, these drawwers stank!"
Female identifying Lizard: "Whudya thank? You been wearin em since you took out the tranny on the Trans Am in the yard. I told you them dogs **** out there!"

He spelled the word wrong TWICE.

That's not a typo. That is sheer stupidity.

I'm looking more into a separate Tears forum, as suggested by several on here.

What are everyone's thoughts on a dedicated Tears forum?
Star Wars No GIF

I love the guy who says "our QB room is a lot better than people seem to think".

HOW?

They have a starting QB who dinked and dunked for one year successfully. And a true freshman who, while talented, has not played a single snap of college football. Both will be playing behind an OL that ranks fourteenth OUT OF SIXTEEN schools in the SEC.

Good luck with that.
One reason why I'm so confident that we're going to beat the absolute dog**** out of them is the matchup of our lines. Our DL should bully their OL, and our OL should be a Top 15 unit in the country. If they can't get the run game going, they're screwed.

Advertisement
it reminds me of us before the 2022 season. “If the line can do its job, we’ll be set”. What part of the offensive line is garbage do you not understand? You’re not going to all of the sudden call magic plays and turn a bunch of bums into super stars. Just like Gattis, if Billy’s line can’t overpower opponents, he has nothing else to offer on offense
A guy I used to work with was a gayturd fan and would always chirp at how they'll beat us. He claimed they had an elite line due to their offseason additions having high PFF grades. Little does he know that doesn't mean ****.

Advertisement
So what's the actual story on their OL? Lindy's says 14th in the SEC and this guy says top 10 in the country.

PFF says Top 10 in the country too.

Advertisement
PFF says Top 10 in the country too.

The thing is PFF numbers are always misleading, and a bunch of people don't know that. Sure they have guys with high grades, but there is context to it. Yeah a guy can have a high pass-blocking grade, but he only took 50 pass-blocking snaps compared to others who have over 200. Not saying that's the case for all those guys, but none of the guys they added were All-Conference guys, not even HM from the guy who came from San Diego State. And from the guys they kept, IMO only the center is good, the rest are bad and they had 2 of them leave in the portal. So I doubt their line is that much improved.

The thing is PFF numbers are always misleading, and a bunch of people don't know that. Sure they have guys with high grades, but there is context to it. Yeah a guy can have a high pass-blocking grade, but he only took 50 pass-blocking snaps compared to others who have over 200. Not saying that's the case for all those guys, but none of the guys they added were All-Conference guys, not even HM from the guy who came from San Diego State. And from the guys they kept, IMO only the center is good, the rest are bad and they had 2 of them leave in the portal. So I doubt their line is that much improved.

Well I look at it this way:

Johnson averaged 5.38 a carry last year.
ETN averaged 5.75 a carry.
Treyaun Webb averaged 6.27, on only 26 carries.

Johnson and ETN were 9th and 10th in the conference in rushing yards per game, so they were pretty successful running it.

Where they got crushed is in pass pro. They finished 120th in the country in sacks allowed per game. Mertz averaged being sacked 3.55 times a game, which is truly awful.

So when you get behind the chains, and you don't have a downfield passing game (Mertz was 38th in the country in yards per attempt, despite being 3rd in completion percentage, meaning he completed passes at a high rate and they didn't go anywhere), you're in trouble.

I expect them to try to lean on the run and short passing game to Wilson just like they did last year. Shorten the game and keep their defense off the field. They're conservative. They only turned the ball over 11 times last year in 11 games vs FBS teams. Miami did 21 times, for comparison sake. So they're gonna lean on the run game, which is pretty good, don't put the ball in harms way with Mertz, and try to win ugly.

The good part for us is, IMO we're going to match up much better this year against offenses who don't have elite downfield passing games. I trust our front 7 against **** near anyone we line up against. I wouldn't trust our secondary against 2023 LSU, or Oregon, for examples. But I think we match-up just fine with the gator, and FSU, for that matter. You wanna play in a phone booth, I think we're good. You wanna spread the field and make our guys cover every play, even though I think we have the best edge group in the country, if we give a good QB time, I'm not sold we can cover for long-stretches down the field. But you wanna run and throw it short, I think we can run and hit you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love how they assume 8 wins gets them playoff talk. If they win 8, that means more than half their schedule grossly underperformed and precipitously fall in the rankings, and their schedule strength looks entirely different after results are in

I love how they assume 8 wins gets them playoff talk. If they win 8, that means more than half their schedule grossly underperformed and precipitously fall in the rankings, and their schedule strength looks entirely different after results are in
Who in their right mind would say that a team that plays Georgia, Texas, OleMiss, ACC champ and big12 champ - and goes 1-4 against those teams - “deserves” a chance to lose, again, to one of those 5 teams?

Make it make sense.

It's crazy on so many levels. First, he says it as a given, with no qualifications. Like "8-4 and we are in the playoffs". Then he qualifies the **** out of it, with all kinds of scenarios.

Then, you look at "history" and "precedent". So look at last year's Top 12:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama
5. F$U
6. Georgia
7. Ohio State
8. Oregon
9. Mizzou
10. Pedo State
11. Ole Miss
12. Oklahoma

Teams 8-12 had only TWO losses apiece.

Teams 13-18 had only THREE losses apiece.

Meaning, the absolute HIGHEST-RANKED 4-loss team last year was at #19. Not #12. Nope, it was #19.

Then, another guy says that The Gator would be "a lock" with only 3 losses, yet the HIGHEST-RANKED 3-loss team last year (LSU) was at #13.

Yet they think that magical wins over "the ACC champ" and "the Big 12 champ" will force the world to see them as "better" and "more deserving" of a ranking SEVEN SPOTS HIGHER. Over, presumably, teams with better W-L records. Because The Gator losses are more impressive than anyone else's losses.

Let's keep in mind that the Top 12 shown above is made up of 5 Big 10 teams (now) and 6 SEC teams (now). There are no flukey "Liberty" schools to crack the Top 12 with a 13-0 record against weak competition. And, sure, perhaps with Texas and Oklahoma and Washington and Oregon playing in new conferences, there could be more losses in that group above.

But come on, now. Look at the games The Gator could/should lose:

---Texas and Georgia - Texas was in the Final Four, and Georgia ARGUABLY should have been in the Final Four. Gator fans will see these two games as noble losses.

---Ole Miss, LSU, Tennessee, and F$U - Ole Miss was the #11 bowl playoff team last year, LSU was the #13 bowl playoff team, Tennessee was #21, and F$U was #5. F$U may have dropped off, but the game is in Doak. Tennessee might have lost last year, but this year's game is in Neyland.

So that's 6 losses right there. Now, Florida beat a team in the playoff Top 25 (Tennessee) that they play in 2024, but that's it. So they would need to pull off TWO major upsets against Top 25 teams to even get to 4 losses, and THREE major upsets to get to 3 losses.

---Miami, aTm, Mississippi State, Kentucky, UCF, Samford - these are the 6 games that The Gator assumes they will win. Keep in mind, they lost to Kentucky last year.

Yeah, THIS is the schedule against which The Gator thinks they can go 8-4 or 9-3 and DEFINITELY make the playoffs.

Hilarious.

The delusion here meets psychosis criteria.

LIZARDS: "Imagine for a moment a world in which UCF wins the Big 12 this year, and--stick with me--even while they are good enough to do that, even after losing to them last time and going 5-7 last year and having even more personnel issues than last year--but stick with me--we beat them--OUR PLAYOFF DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE!!! 5* RECRUITS WILL BE FALLING AT BILLY'S KNEES!!!! MERTZ #1 OVERALL DRAFT PICK!!!! Yeah, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people."

I'll take the over on how many times they are surprised when they **** themselves.

Advertisement
Back