Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
Look at these guys...

Here they are, for HS recruiting, 7th best class in the SEC...
1719854958867.png

And here they are, suddenly "4th best in the SEC" after adding 15 transfers...
1719855030398.png

So they added six 4-stars and nine 3-stars in the Portal. And they went up 20 points. And 6 spots.

And the SEC teams they "passed"? Yeahhhhh...Auburn is now ONE SPOT behind Florida (Auburn also took 15 transfers)...LSU is now TWO SPOTS behind Florida (LSU took 10 transfers)...and Oklahoma is now FIVE SPOTS behind Florida (Oklahoma took 16 transfers).

That means...7 SEC teams were in the Top 13 of the HS recruiting rankings...and 7 SEC teams were in the Top 12 of the overall recruiting rankings, factoring in transfers.

Yee-haw. As if Florida vaulted so many SEC schools. To Florida's credit, they had the worst 2023 record of those 7 SEC schools. So they are obviously capable of pulling the wool over the eyes of some recruits. Good for Florida.

Now, first let me make the obligatory "Elijhah Badger is good" comment. Then let me point out that one of the six 4-stars is Cormani McClain. Another 4-star is UPenn's injured DL Joey Slackman, who we passed on.

Good for Florida...

I’ve previously seen some of them referencing the top 10 or top 8 class they landed for 2024 in praising Napier and I just shake my head at the innumerable ways some of them use gator maths to start or change a narrative.
But no other team gets an increase after their transfers. The flat earthers arc/saga had to start there in Gainesville, that’s the origin of it.

Advertisement
I'm looking more into a separate Tears forum, as suggested by several on here.

What are everyone's thoughts on a dedicated Tears forum?

I will say this.

Those of us nerds who think about such things, and realize the pros and cons of pinning and whatnot...are probably going to be in favor of it. That, plus the people who like order and organization and finding things easily.

Those folks who are creatures of habit and just like to go to the same place for 7 years in a row will probably say "keep it as it is".

My personal thoughts are that while Gator and Seminole Tears carry 95% of the weight, it could be nice and fun to allow us to create other "Tears" threads for other rivals and opponents that will not get lost on Page 7 of the Recruiting forum.

Give it a try. If we ***** it up, you can always re-merge it with the Recruiting forum.

Someone else said it really well, but when the gator tears is constantly at the top of the board when I check in, I know some **** is popping off, and I'm excited to click in and continue to click in throughout the day. Mobile user.

When it was pinned, I just never popped in at all, and the transfer board I think works because it fits in between Eye In Sky and HS recruiting time frame wise. But now I don't visit that forum since I figure it's completely dead. Just my own ****bird thoughts.

Someone else said it really well, but when the gator tears is constantly at the top of the board when I check in, I know some **** is popping off, and I'm excited to click in and continue to click in throughout the day. Mobile user.

When it was pinned, I just never popped in at all, and the transfer board I think works because it fits in between Eye In Sky and HS recruiting time frame wise. But now I don't visit that forum since I figure it's completely dead. Just my own ****bird thoughts.
I agree with you on the pinning. Would the same indifference apply to a separate forum, or would you check it out?

Advertisement
I agree with you on the pinning. Would the same indifference apply to a separate forum, or would you check it out?
I am guessing my small brain would eventually turn there (similar to transfer board) when there is no content on E.I.S. or FB Recruiting.

The only issue I would foresee is not viewing that forum for a week and then having 20+ pages of posts to work through, which I probably would not do.

It's the best supplemental content on the Internet in my opinion, but it isn't standalone valuable enough to adjust my viewing patterns.

Probably wouldn't dip into a separate sub folder just for tears. Or not regularly, only when something big happened that kinda signaled me to go there. But with it in this forum, I click on them all the time.

Advertisement
I will say this.

Those of us nerds who think about such things, and realize the pros and cons of pinning and whatnot...are probably going to be in favor of it. That, plus the people who like order and organization and finding things easily.

Those folks who are creatures of habit and just like to go to the same place for 7 years in a row will probably say "keep it as it is".

My personal thoughts are that while Gator and Seminole Tears carry 95% of the weight, it could be nice and fun to allow us to create other "Tears" threads for other rivals and opponents that will not get lost on Page 7 of the Recruiting forum.

Give it a try. If we ***** it up, you can always re-merge it with the Recruiting forum.
My thoughts essentially

Advertisement
Hate it. I check the recruiting forum and the eye forum. Portal in the hot season.

I am guessing my small brain would eventually turn there (similar to transfer board) when there is no content on E.I.S. or FB Recruiting.

The only issue I would foresee is not viewing that forum for a week and then having 20+ pages of posts to work through, which I probably would not do.

It's the best supplemental content on the Internet in my opinion, but it isn't standalone valuable enough to adjust my viewing patterns.

Probably wouldn't dip into a separate sub folder just for tears. Or not regularly, only when something big happened that kinda signaled me to go there. But with it in this forum, I click on them all the time.
@DMoney, seems like this group is saying that they’ll ignore a tears forum too.

I think if there is dedicated Tears forum for all our opponents it could do pretty well leading up to gamedays. Day to day probably not well.

That's why I've been asking if it's possible for a thread to be in both Forums. Cause you can have it in a tears forum so it is very easy for people to find and post to, but it can then appear at the top of the recruiting forum to get the traction. So the Tears/Opponents forum is used for organization and to make it so people aren't posting random threads about other teams that only go 1 page or something. You can have a running thread for FSU/UF/UGA/Texas/OSU/etc fails....

Look at these guys...

Here they are, for HS recruiting, 7th best class in the SEC...
View attachment 293458

And here they are, suddenly "4th best in the SEC" after adding 15 transfers...
View attachment 293459

So they added six 4-stars and nine 3-stars in the Portal. And they went up 20 points. And 6 spots.

And the SEC teams they "passed"? Yeahhhhh...Auburn is now ONE SPOT behind Florida (Auburn also took 15 transfers)...LSU is now TWO SPOTS behind Florida (LSU took 10 transfers)...and Oklahoma is now FIVE SPOTS behind Florida (Oklahoma took 16 transfers).

That means...7 SEC teams were in the Top 13 of the HS recruiting rankings...and 7 SEC teams were in the Top 12 of the overall recruiting rankings, factoring in transfers.

Yee-haw. As if Florida vaulted so many SEC schools. To Florida's credit, they had the worst 2023 record of those 7 SEC schools. So they are obviously capable of pulling the wool over the eyes of some recruits. Good for Florida.

Now, first let me make the obligatory "Elijhah Badger is good" comment. Then let me point out that one of the six 4-stars is Cormani McClain. Another 4-star is UPenn's injured DL Joey Slackman, who we passed on.

Good for Florida...

Frankly, IDGAF about post transfer rankings. Portal rankings are worthless IMO. Cormani was ranked higher than Damien Martinez. Let that sink in and marinate.

As far as I’m concerned they still had the 20th ranked class or whatever it was.

Edit: 13

Meh. I wouldn’t check another link. I get the dopamine hit pulling up this page and seeing a shiny new unread tears thread at the top. I say leave it be and it get bumped organically.

Advertisement
Back