Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
They are recruiting with the big boys so far in the 2025 class 😂😂😂😂😂
1000012739.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand what you are saying, @DMoney. The idea of "pinning" a thread is nice in principle, but it's like Employee of the Month. It's a nice distinction, but it really doesn't change much.

The concept of Tears is a great one, and the fact that it was created in the Recruiting thread years ago should not be a permanent constraint. I believe that if you created a "Rival Tears" forum, and then put the two biggies in there, it would also give us a chance to create semi-occasional (and fun) Tears threads for other teams that might otherwise get pushed to page 20 of a larger forum. I'd love to make fun of OTHER schools fanbases too, so you have to imagine that we'd largely have about 50 active Tears threads all within one spot. One-stop-shopping.

Here is a thought. The "Gameday" Board is largely dormant for a good chunk of the year. I believe Baseball game threads are in the Baseball Board. Basketball could be done the same way. Could you make the "Gameday" board a sub-board of the Football Board?

I'm definitely sympathetic here, we don't need to go to Forums and see 25 choices. I do think the COVID board could be deleted, and Gameday could be moved. And if the Rival Tears board "fails", then we can always move all those threads back to Recruiting.

Just my 2 cents. But I want that "problem solver" badge...
@DMoney, as I mentioned when this all started, a Tears forum after the Recruiting board on the menu would be something to try and if it fails we can send all the tears threads back to the Recruiting board.

TOC can have my problem solver badge for this. 🤣

Advertisement
@DMoney, as I mentioned when this all started, a Tears forum after the Recruiting board on the menu would be something to try and if it fails we can send all the tears threads back to the Recruiting board.

TOC can have my problem solver badge for this. 🤣
All I know is I’m sorry for ever bugging D$ to pin this thread….

Just thought with all the traffic involved in the thread it deserved a place where it was easy to find every day because of all the new traffic brought to the thread by Lindends great recruiting info which constantly pushed it to the bottom of the page or to the 2nd page which it never deserved to be.

What I didn’t take into consideration in all this is how hard it if for CIS posters to look UP when tuning in to the recruiting board.

D$ and RVA I apologize for my actions so do what you think is best ……

Just thought with all the traffic involved in the thread it deserved a place where it was easy to find every day because of all the new traffic brought to the thread by Lindends great recruiting info which constantly pushed it to the bottom of the page or to the 2nd page which it never deserved to be.

What I didn’t take into consideration in all this is how hard it if for CIS posters to look UP when tuning in to the recruiting board.

No apologies needed. Things evolve on the board like all the recruiting threads we now have. Pinned threads also get ignored. This is why I feel like doing a tears forum without any pinned threads would be worth the try.

No apologies needed. Things evolve on the board like all the recruiting threads we now have. Pinned threads also get ignored. This is why I feel like doing a tears forum without any pinned threads would be worth the try.
I replied to D$ last night and if you didn’t see my answer it was the day of or the day after my donation so I’m guessing that day is easily found or if not I can go back and figure it out..

Advertisement

Do you ever look at a girl FACE? Guys dont look up dude, you should know better!!! :p

Last edited:
Their inability to sign linemen will ultimately be the nail in Billy’s coffin. He’s a tuff n fízical guy who’s offense revolves around a power running scheme and often uses multiple tight ends. Some coaches can work around having a bad line. His offense is dependent on his line being really good. There isn’t a plan B. If they can’t consistently pound the ball between the tackles, they have nothing to fall back on. They’re not built to spread it out and throw it all over. There’s no QB run game threat unless they just bring in Lagway and run him into the ground.

They need to control the game on the ground because they can’t rely on the quarterback to win them games. They hype up Mertz because he led the nation in completion percentage but all those short passes didn’t translate to points. He had a three game stretch last year where he completed 85% of his passes (video game numbers). They scored 22 against Charlotte, 14 against Kentucky and exploded for 38 against Vandy. It’s because the only game where they ran the ball well was the Vandy game. If I’m Lance Guidry or any opposing coach, I’m loading up the box and daring Mertz to beat us over the top.

Advertisement
Back