Tears Gator Tears

I think you miss the point, but it’s also not that important to me. Create your tears sub thread. Watch it fail. Come back to square one.
I think we should try a tears forum. It might fail and if it does then we send them all back to the recruiting board I guess. There’s no guarantee it’s successful. There’s just a lot more threads now on the board but whatever they do I’ll survive 🤣

Advertisement
Or…just pin all the tears threads at the top of the recruiting forum and voila…tears forum

That’s the problem that needed resolving. Pinning gator tears didn’t help it. Pinned threads get ignored more.
It Is the dead of the offseason. There are not that many tearful events occurring.

Having the tears threads constantly bumped with *** **** like rockets or just saying UF sucks always has always will is annoying.

I was a fan of pinning them but whatever.

Advertisement
It Is the dead of the offseason. There are not that many tearful events occurring.

Having the tears threads constantly bumped with *** **** like rockets or just saying UF sucks always has always will is annoying.

Your point is certainly. Slid and been mentioned - it’s the off-season - which is why I felt we should let the season start and see how it goes to get a better fix on things. D$ doesn’t like pinned threads. He also isn’t a fan of adding another forum. D$ unpinned it so I’d try doing a years forum but that’s just me looking to test waters. There’s many more recruiting threads now. In the same way that the portal threads got a sub forum, we can also try a Tears forum or even subforum I suppose.

I don’t think I could agree more. There’s nothing worse than seeing gator tears bumped to the top of the page and you open it up hoping for some hilarious shenanigans and it’s just some dude posting “gators suck, bro!”. **** just ruins the moment.

We need a “we lost to UGA but champs” for fsu

1714179094517.png

Advertisement
Your point is certainly. Slid and been mentioned - it’s the off-season - which is why I felt we should let the season start and see how it goes to get a better fix on things. D$ doesn’t like pinned threads. He also isn’t a fan of adding another forum. D$ unpinned it so I’d try doing a years forum but that’s just me looking to test waters. There’s many more recruiting threads now. In the same way that the portal threads got a sub forum, we can also try a Tears forum or even subforum I suppose.

Get rid of the COVID forum and install the Tears forum.

Can I get one of those "Solutions" badges?

Advertisement
I want what will get the most clicks. I don’t think pinned threads will do it. Another forum might do it, but that’s untested. I get that the player threads are pushing the Tears down faster than before, but Tears also got those millions of hits as a free thread.

What do the regular users want?
Can a post/thread appear in multiple forums at once?

I think having a "rivals tears" (or combined tears + gameday forum) would make a lot of sense just for having it all organized. You can have one for every opponent we face, and pin that opponents tears thread to the top the week of the game. And then on gameday the gameday thread opens....

but unless the thread is allowed to operate like a normal thread on the recruiting board simultaneously, It wouldn't be the best for interaction being on its own forum exclusively.

If something noteworthy happens at UF that people here are gonna have fun with, it'll get posted and bumped. We have dedicated gator haters who won't fail us. Otherwise, I really don't care about the thread if nothing's really happening. It's a little like a bat signal. When I see it bumped, hopefully there's a good reason for it.
Couldn't agree more with this post. Especially when it gets closer to game week, this thread won't leave the first page.

Advertisement
I want what will get the most clicks. I don’t think pinned threads will do it. Another forum might do it, but that’s untested. I get that the player threads are pushing the Tears down faster than before, but Tears also got those millions of hits as a free thread.

I understand what you are saying, @DMoney. The idea of "pinning" a thread is nice in principle, but it's like Employee of the Month. It's a nice distinction, but it really doesn't change much.

The concept of Tears is a great one, and the fact that it was created in the Recruiting thread years ago should not be a permanent constraint. I believe that if you created a "Rival Tears" forum, and then put the two biggies in there, it would also give us a chance to create semi-occasional (and fun) Tears threads for other teams that might otherwise get pushed to page 20 of a larger forum. I'd love to make fun of OTHER schools fanbases too, so you have to imagine that we'd largely have about 50 active Tears threads all within one spot. One-stop-shopping.

Here is a thought. The "Gameday" Board is largely dormant for a good chunk of the year. I believe Baseball game threads are in the Baseball Board. Basketball could be done the same way. Could you make the "Gameday" board a sub-board of the Football Board?

I'm definitely sympathetic here, we don't need to go to Forums and see 25 choices. I do think the COVID board could be deleted, and Gameday could be moved. And if the Rival Tears board "fails", then we can always move all those threads back to Recruiting.

Just my 2 cents. But I want that "problem solver" badge...

I understand what you are saying, @DMoney. The idea of "pinning" a thread is nice in principle, but it's like Employee of the Month. It's a nice distinction, but it really doesn't change much.

The concept of Tears is a great one, and the fact that it was created in the Recruiting thread years ago should not be a permanent constraint. I believe that if you created a "Rival Tears" forum, and then put the two biggies in there, it would also give us a chance to create semi-occasional (and fun) Tears threads for other teams that might otherwise get pushed to page 20 of a larger forum. I'd love to make fun of OTHER schools fanbases too, so you have to imagine that we'd largely have about 50 active Tears threads all within one spot. One-stop-shopping.

Here is a thought. The "Gameday" Board is largely dormant for a good chunk of the year. I believe Baseball game threads are in the Baseball Board. Basketball could be done the same way. Could you make the "Gameday" board a sub-board of the Football Board?

I'm definitely sympathetic here, we don't need to go to Forums and see 25 choices. I do think the COVID board could be deleted, and Gameday could be moved. And if the Rival Tears board "fails", then we can always move all those threads back to Recruiting.

Just my 2 cents. But I want that "problem solver" badge...
Totally agree. I like the idea of the gameday board being a subforum to the main board and then create a separate Rival Tears board. @DMoney at worst, try it and see how people like it, and if it doesn't work, change it back like you did making the Transfer Portal subforum. Nothing wrong with trying something new and revisiting later.

I kinda like the tears just the way they are. They will never get too far from the top and always stay relevant naturally. They do fine on their own, message board capitalism
So when someone posts a rocket or “gators suck” just to bump it back up, is that like when the government subsidizes corporations with tax money?

Is there a way for an individual user to make a thread “sticky” so it stays at the top of a forum just like how it used to be? But for those new users and people who don’t know how/ want it just stays normal.

Advertisement
Back