2025 Flip Watch 2.0 Fong "Miami is Going to be Swinging a Big Spatula" (2025 Version)

View attachment 304535

I like this kid as one to watch with two to play potentially
IMG_7213.jpeg

Cincy plays at UCF this week. Might need to check that one out while we wait for our game

/not sure if this is game management or…

Advertisement
Blink twice if everything is OK.
nah I see what he is saying lol how an avid football fan uses the term game manager you would never think to include the Brady and Mahommes etc. but if you look at what those players do and take the word "manager" for its literal definition they do that as well.

Those guys have complete control of the offense, they can change plays, make decisions, **** pretty sure Brady was having input on substitutions as well. To me that is a game manager in a technical sense but not the way anyone who watches the sport would use that term.

nah I see what he is saying lol how an avid football fan uses the term game manager you would never think to include the Brady and Mahommes etc. but if you look at what those players do and take the word "manager" for its literal definition they do that as well.

Those guys have complete control of the offense, they can change plays, make decisions, **** pretty sure Brady was having input on substitutions as well. To me that is a game manager in a technical sense but not the way anyone who watches the sport would use that term.
If you think Mahomes and Brady are game managers, you are the target audience. That is the dumbest **** I've seen posted here. Having the ability to manage a game and being a game manager are not on the same planet.

Advertisement
If you think Mahomes and Brady are game managers, you are the target audience. That is the dumbest **** I've seen posted here. Having the ability to manage a game and being a game manager are not on the same planet.
I mean ask the question another way, do you think Brady and Mahommes "Manage Games" if the answer is yes how are they then not a game manager? If you are using the NFL fan definition of game manager I agree with you, no way Mahommes or Brady fall into that camp. Its the Trent Dilfer's of the world on the early 2000 Baltimore team.

If you are using the **** webster dictionary I dont see how those two arent managing games lol they legit manage everything from the second they step on the field.

Team game
Indeed it's a team game but an all time great QB makes it easy for the franchise. For example Peyton Manning the year before his neck surgery they were 10 and 6 or 11 and 5 made the playoffs. That same team the following year without won one game then drafted Andrew luck. I know this is an extremely example but it happened. I know Tom Brady went down in 08 I think and the following year with Cassel they won one more game than they did the prior year with Brady.

That's like 7 SBs in that random *** list you just made. Good for like 15% of all SB winners lol
Terry Bradshaw is one of the worst QBs that is a hof. He has a 1 to 1 td to turnover ratio. He is the epitome of a average QB. Same with Eli Manning he is only a hofer because of his name and his sb performances. Not of those QB I named are top 100 QB all time none they are all average. They are average not dynamic.

Advertisement
Indeed it's a team game but an all time great QB makes it easy for the franchise. For example Peyton Manning the year before his neck surgery they were 10 and 6 or 11 and 5 made the playoffs. That same team the following year without won one game then drafted Andrew luck. I know this is an extremely example but it happened. I know Tom Brady went down in 08 I think and the following year with Cassel they won one more game than they did the prior year with Brady.
07-08 Pats went 18-1 with a loss in the super bowl and included a perfect regular season. The following year Brady gets hurt week one and Cassell takes over and they go 11-5 and miss the playoffs. A seven win decrease from the year before with basically the same team. Still a good example of your point though.

Yea qb is the most important position in football

The foundation of every good QB is you must be a good game manager, the game changers are the guys that can raise their play past that. Dmoney just oversimplified it.

Advertisement
so much talks about flips
and I see flips happen around the country but so far none here
based on our performances there should be alot of play time to sell for DBs, WRs, and Dline

Completely agree with your opening sentence. When a sizable contingent of posters were openly souring on how they perceived Cam to be leveraging his situation during the 12-day period between when he initially declared for the draft and later changed his mind, many others were making cases for the likes of Will Howard, Will Rogers, and Riley Leonard as comparably suitable alternatives. But I vehemently disagreed and was fully supportive of Mario's patience and persistence because Ward was so many levels above those other options. Mario being hellbent on landing Ward was 100% the right call all along because the potential rewards were off the charts, as we're all witnessing now.

I've also been one of the more vocal posters on the board opposing the premise some have been pushing the last few years that we should punt on HS QB recruiting entirely in favor of solely relying on the portal. Mario certainly isn't handling the position on an either-or basis, but some posters have been vocally advocating for that approach ever since the Rashada situation occurred. I agree completely that we can't expect a Ward-level option to emerge every year. The 2023 QB portal class was absolutely awful aside from Shedeur, who was never a viable option for any program other than the one coached by his father. Aside from Cam, most others in the 2024 QB portal class aren't looking so good either and none are remotely close to making the type of impact that he has had.

Among the QB's I specified, I'd respectfully include Milroe and Dart as legitimate difference makers who have been largely responsible for their team's success thus far. Whether they should be included alongside the names you singled out is completely subjective, but they're certainly carrying a sizable load rather than just going along for the ride. My main premise, though, is that Howard and Gabriel are far, far below the other QB's I mentioned.

This post is already a marathon, so I'll be brief in regards to Emory. I have no problem with anyone having a higher opinion of his potential than me. If he outplays a portal QB next offseason and outright wins the job, then I hope he kicks ***. But I'd hope it would be considered rational to not want us to follow up on what Ward is doing this year by having Emory "compete" with Poffenbarger and Judd next season. I think that's a completely fair stance.
I am higher on Emory than most, but in no means is close to Ward’s level right now.

With his dedication and commitment to this university, plus being behind Ward and seeing how Ward handles leadership can’t hurt.

I’m also in the camp of wanting another portal QB. I actually think Poff might be a transfer out candidate at this point. Since Emory has gotten back to full strength he has passed Poff.

They might try and do a redshirt on Emory, but he has definitely looked better than Poff.

Advertisement
07-08 Pats went 18-1 with a loss in the super bowl and included a perfect regular season. The following year Brady gets hurt week one and Cassell takes over and they go 11-5 and miss the playoffs. A seven win decrease from the year before with basically the same team. Still a good example of your point though.
He means the year after the Pat's won one less with Brady back at the helm.

Advertisement
Back