2025 Flip Watch 2.0 Fong "Miami is Going to be Swinging a Big Spatula" (2025 Version)

I'd argue we're in play for every big name in the portal at QB. No need to be scared.

Advertisement
Beck was looked at as a Heisman favorite coming into the year. He was never considered a game manager for this year. He has just regressed this year. Also UGA has no threats at receiver that scares teams
He hasn't regressed at all. Coming into this season I told y'all UGA is gonna struggle because for the last two years they've been completely reliant on Brock Bowers #1 & their running game #2. Half the problem is people look at the term game manager and negative. It's not. Other than Jim Kelly and Gino all of our successful QBs were game managers. Tom Brady, game manager, 7 out of 10 of the schools he mentioned are ALL USING GAME MANAGERS. The idea of the QB position is real simple. Get the ball out in space in whatever manner is most efficient to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Does circumstances shift? Yes of course. But that is the simple concept. People just wanna over complicate something that's real simple. Would you rather have a QB that can make a play anywhere on the field with his arm talent? Yes of course. As long as he can complete those passes at a highly efficient clip. Simple.

He hasn't regressed at all. Coming into this season I told y'all UGA is gonna struggle because for the last two years they've been completely reliant on Brock Bowers #1 & their running game #2. Half the problem is people look at the term game manager and negative. It's not. Other than Jim Kelly and Gino all of our successful QBs were game managers. Tom Brady, game manager, 7 out of 10 of the schools he mentioned are ALL USING GAME MANAGERS. The idea of the QB position is real simple. Get the ball out in space in whatever manner is most efficient to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Does circumstances shift? Yes of course. But that is the simple concept. People just wanna over complicate something that's real simple. Would you rather have a QB that can make a play anywhere on the field with his arm talent? Yes of course. As long as he can complete those passes at a highly efficient clip. Simple.

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

yo Bowers in INSANE

Looking around the country, who do you guys think could come here next and be even 75% of what Cam is for us this year? With Emory going into year 3 of Dawson’s system plus getting to learn from Cam. I believe Emory has a good chance to compete and beat out most guys they would bring in outside of a DJ Lagway or one of the young guns from Ohio Taint. Would have been great to get Donte Moore last year to sit behind Cam rather than sit behind Gabriel at Oregon.

Advertisement
Looking around the country, who do you guys think could come here next and be even 75% of what Cam is for us this year? With Emory going into year 3 of Dawson’s system plus getting to learn from Cam. I believe Emory has a good chance to compete and beat out most guys they would bring in outside of a DJ Lagway or one of the young guns from Ohio Taint. Would have been great to get Donte Moore last year to sit behind Cam rather than sit behind Gabriel at Oregon.
Lagway and sayin aren't off of the table If I had the guest that is. I'd imagine a far more realistic option would be Fernando Mendoza assuming he decides to leave. Really doubt that we take a multi-year starter at quarterback in the portal.

Lagway and sayin aren't off of the table If I had the guest that is. I'd imagine a far more realistic option would be Fernando Mendoza assuming he decides to leave. Really doubt that we take a multi-year starter at quarterback in the portal.
Do you think Mendoza is that much better than Emory? I know he’s been starting the past couple years, is a Miami kid, but does that warrant us diving into the portal to pay him $$$. I think he and Emory would have a great QB battle in spring, I don’t think he gets handed the job like Cam. Different situation I understand, but the point still stands.

Do you think Mendoza is that much better than Emory? I know he’s been starting the past couple years, is a Miami kid, but does that warrant us diving into the portal to pay him $$$. I think he and Emory would have a great QB battle in spring, I don’t think he gets handed the job like Cam. Different situation I understand, but the point still stands.

Easy answer - no. Mendoza may be getting good game experience now, but if you're going to bring in a portal guy, don't bring in an emory clone. If the guy's resume or skillset is not that much better than Emory, bring someone who does.

That said, if we end up with Mendoza, that means we struck out with options A-C.

Advertisement
Easy answer - no. Mendoza may be getting good game experience now, but if you're going to bring in a portal guy, don't bring in an emory clone. If the guy's resume or skillset is not that much better than Emory, bring someone who does.

That said, if we end up with Mendoza, that means we struck out with options A-C.
That’s my thought process as well, I’d prefer to stick with Emory who has the teams respect over bringing in Mendoza.
Let’s hope we strike gold again and get our option A and even then let Emory compete and let it all shake out on Greentree

Bowers was never gonna be replaced. And I agree with everything you said. I also recall the same discussion.

I under played the impact he had. They may go out and beat the red out of the tide. I don't think so. Looking forward to that matchup.

Are you saying Tom Brady wasn't a game manager? Pretty sure the only time he ever really stretched the field consistently was with Randy Moss one of the greatest receivers in the history of the game. Other than that I think gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez would agree
I’m saying after right around 03-04 Brady become more than that. He was the one making calls and audibles on plays and calling his game. He succeeded as a QB in spite of never having a field stretcher at his disposal. The first time he was given one he broke records. Game manager to me is a guy like Alex Smith. A guy that even when you give him weapons doesn’t really elevate those around him and has a ceiling as a player. I’m not sure you watched the same Brady as I did but you don’t become the winningest QB, compile the stats he did, and succeed through multiple schemes and coordinators as a Game Manager. IMO.

Advertisement
Bowers was never gonna be replaced. And I agree with everything you said. I also recall the same discussion.

I under played the impact he had. They may go out and beat the red out of the tide. I don't think so. Looking forward to that matchup.
Pretty sure they're gonna beat the roll out of them. Bama is a completely one dimensional team. A defense as good as Georgia's it's pretty tough to beat them when the only consistent thing you can do is run the ball. People will think it's a sign of how good UGA is. It's not. It's a sign of how far bama has to go in order to implement Deboer offense.

Pretty sure they're gonna beat the roll out of them. Bama is a completely one dimensional team. A defense as good as Georgia's it's pretty tough to beat them when the only consistent thing you can do is run the ball. People will think it's a sign of how good UGA is. It's not. It's a sign of how far bama has to go in order to implement Deboer offense.
So if Bama wins what that say about Kirby ?

So if Bama wins what that say about Kirby ?
Nothing. Why would one game have to say something about Kirby? As much as I dislike the dude and as much as he ***** plenty of **** up over there, he's at the very least proven he knows how to manage his staff properly. Deboer is the only reason I'd say bama might have a shot this game.

Advertisement
I’m saying after right around 03-04 Brady become more than that. He was the one making calls and audibles on plays and calling his game. He succeeded as a QB in spite of never having a field stretcher at his disposal. The first time he was given one he broke records. Game manager to me is a guy like Alex Smith. A guy that even when you give him weapons doesn’t really elevate those around him and has a ceiling as a player. I’m not sure you watched the same Brady as I did but you don’t become the winningest QB, compile the stats he did, and succeed through multiple schemes and coordinators as a Game Manager. IMO.
So are game managers not allowed to call audibles?

Arguably three of the best QBs of all time are game managers - Brees, Manning and Brady. None of them are making crazy plays with their legs, nor do they have excellent arms (although they're all uncannily accurate), but they didn't take risks with the ball.

They beat you because they knew exactly what you were running and simply took what was given to them. Over and over again.

Arguably three of the best QBs of all time are game managers - Brees, Manning and Brady. None of them are making crazy plays with their legs, nor do they have excellent arms (although they're all uncannily accurate), but they didn't take risks with the ball.

They beat you because they knew exactly what you were running and simply took what was given to them. Over and over again.
Game Managers at a basic level, are QBs who don’t do anything to lose you the game, but also don’t do anything o specifically win you a game. Tom Brady unequivocally was the largest reason the Patriots were winning games. Same for Peyton and Brees. This myth that Brady didn’t have a great arm is still crazy to me. He routinely could get the ball 60+ yards downfield and accurately. You saw it in the days with Moss and even with the two TE sets with Gronk and Hernandez a little as well. Was he Josh Allen arm strength, definitely not but his arm strength wasn’t a weakness by any means.

I think u need to revisit what a game manager is. Lmao. None of those 3 r remotely considered game managers. lol.

Advertisement
Back