2025 Flip Watch 2.0 Fong "Miami is Going to be Swinging a Big Spatula" (2025 Version)

Advertisement
He’s a game manager if my eyes ever seen one. Maybe I am wrong but his balls (pause) look flat, not super mobile and not super accurate. I know he threw a deep ball but TVD threw deep balls and he was cheeks, many guys throw it deep and suck. Pause. I just think he’s a good dude that isn’t meant to start at UM. We need a star there

But we find out next year. He has heart though I like him
Game managers have won a lot of rings the last few years. If Mario is the recruiting juggernaut you think he is then we should be fine.

For the record I think we need another stud portal QB next year... And let him and Emory duke it out.

Game managers have won a lot of rings the last few years. If Mario is the recruiting juggernaut you think he is then we should be fine.

For the record I think we need another stud portal QB next year... And let him and Emory duke it out.
I don't use game manager. That's the coach. We've had a long line of Brucie types than anything. Emory may not pass your eval if eye test. No argument, I'm the jackrabbit that crowned more guys than I have been correct about. He's a poor man's Stephan Morris in my humble boy garbage take.

I don't dare say Kirby or one of the other poor ******** that flamed out hard.

GIF by YBCA
Yet certain people @RVACane have always made it seem like I'm being dramatic or something saying some people simply wanna be miserable on here. If at this point some people can't be labeled as moped than I just give up.
I haven’t read much of this thread, in fact, I stay in DM’s more than the board lately. I’m not sure what people are complaining about right now if that’s what’s going on???

Whereas I think there were misses in the portal in previous years, Mario hit it out of the park this past portal cycle, notwithstanding Cam. There’s discussion that can be had about a player or two but that’s pennies on multiple dollars when you look at what’s happening. I don’t want to discourage sincere, constructive discussion but for me all I wanted was for us to be competent, win 10 games and show legit growth and development.

The season is young but my expectations have easily been exceeded thus far. I’m enjoying a season for the first time in a long time. Even in the season we beat Notre Dame, I didn’t like the offense. I like everything right now. We’re doing what we’re supposed to do and what we need to do to take a real step forward. I mean we could get in the playoffs and have a Heisman winning qb this year.

Despite what we're all finally witnessing with Cam Ward, some here continue to seem absolutely desperate for the game manager surrounded by stacked talent formula at Miami despite seeing firsthand how much an elite gunslinging QB with top-end NFL tools can elevate the ceiling of our program.

Look at the eight highest-ranked teams in the AP Top 25 right now:

- Texas has Quinn Ewers (projected 1st rounder) and Arch Manning (5* recruit).
- Georgia has Carson Beck (projected 1st rounder).
- Ohio State has Will Howard. Some here inexplicably wanted Howard over Ward, but I digress.
- Alabama has Jalen Milroe (1st round potential with his physical tools if he keeps thriving with DeBoer).
- Tennessee has Nico Iamaleava (5* recruit).
- Ole Miss has Jaxson Dart (projected 1st rounder).
- Miami has Cam Ward (projected 1st rounder).
- Oregon has Dillon Gabriel.

OSU & Oregon are the outliers here as they're starting veterans from the portal who don't have an NFL future. Both programs have 5* QB's waiting in the wings (Sayin at OSU, Moore at Oregon) for next season.

If we land a whale out of the portal at QB for 2025 and Emory beats them out, then that's completely fair game. But to say or suggest "you gotta roll with Emory" and not even try to land a stud portal QB is utterly nonsensical.
200.gif

@Dwinstitles

Advertisement
He’s a game manager if my eyes ever seen one. Maybe I am wrong but his balls (pause) look flat, not super mobile and not super accurate. I know he threw a deep ball but TVD threw deep balls and he was cheeks, many guys throw it deep and suck. Pause. I just think he’s a good dude that isn’t meant to start at UM. We need a star there

But we find out next year. He has heart though I like him
Question for you hermano. What was Kenny Dorsey?

Better than Emory lol
Sure the **** not trying to literally compare the two. I also do remember what people said about Kenny while he was still the back up but that's neither here nor there. The point was Kenny was considered not good enough and just a game manager until he was literally on the field consistently and could show who he was. The only people who knew what a dog he was is the people who would see him daily...

Advertisement

For every game manager that has won a ring, there are dozens, if not hundreds that have squandered what otherwise would be great teams.

Yes, we definitely need more than just Emory next year. If Emory balls out and beats the guy we bring in, awesome.

his balls (pause) look flat, not super mobile and not super accurate. I know he threw a deep ball but TVD threw deep balls and he was cheeks, many guys throw it deep and suck.

I disagree. He has bigger balls (pausenodiddy) and better command of the offense than TVD. Something else he has and you can't coach is the respect from the whole team and coaches.

You saw it last year he got injured the whole team quit they never stopped fighting for him vs Clemson or FSU cause they knew the season wasn't lost with him which is rare for a 3* FR QB from Milton Florida (I bet Norvell wish he was there now not joking either)

Rewatch the ball state game then go back and watch Clemson and FSU of last year then go back to ball state and tell me you don't see progression. Pigskin is coming out quicker and more velocity on intermediate throws. Accurate too!

My gripe is he's 6'5 sometimes his release comes out at 5'11 when he doesn't stand tall to make deliveries behind the line.

Redshirt and do the LSU Nussmeier treatment one more year won't hurt his or Nickel development.

Advertisement
I disagree. He has bigger balls (pausenodiddy) and better command of the offense than TVD. Something else he has and you can't coach is the respect from the whole team and coaches.

You saw it last year he got injured the whole team quit they never stopped fighting for him vs Clemson or FSU cause they knew the season wasn't lost with him which is rare for a 3* FR QB from Milton Florida (I bet Norvell wish he was there now not joking either)

Rewatch the ball state game then go back and watch Clemson and FSU of last year then go back to ball state and tell me you don't see progression. Pigskin is coming out quicker and more velocity on intermediate throws. Accurate too!

My gripe is he's 6'5 sometimes his release comes out at 5'11 when he doesn't stand tall to make deliveries behind the line.

Redshirt and do the LSU Nussmeier treatment one more year won't hurt his or Nickel development.
You got good arguments but the one thing I will say and maybe it’s a joke or maybe not. Is it’s not difficult to be better than TVD

Brother half of the schools you mentioned are literally starting game managers at QB...

What are you basing your assumptions on Emory about? Just curious. How do you know what he is?

You're also saying we lose 90% of our best players like we have loose change behind them or any of them leaving has been decided. Yet you're telling people what their mindsets must be...
Exactly, Beck isn't much more than a game manager, same with Will Howard and I still don't trust Dillon Gabriel in a more physical conference.

You got good arguments but the one thing I will say and maybe it’s a joke or maybe not. Is it’s not difficult to be better than TVD

Ask D'Eriq (he was better until the injury) Jake the Snake, Jaccuri & Matocha apparently it was difficult for them to be better than him. Emory welcomed the challenge and has taken adversity very well at this point and seems to be getting better from it because he's allowing the coaches to teach and being receptive to them Cam and Poff Daddy.

Advertisement
Sure the **** not trying to literally compare the two. I also do remember what people said about Kenny while he was still the back up but that's neither here nor there. The point was Kenny was considered not good enough and just a game manager until he was literally on the field consistently and could show who he was. The only people who knew what a dog he was is the people who would see him daily...

This. +1000

Here’s a suggestion for the hoi polloi:

Leave Emory alone to compete for his job next year. Either he proves to the coaches (based on his performance) he deserves to be the guy, or someone else proves they are more worthy.

Fact is, all Emory has done the past 18 months is relentlessly compete, get better, and win the respect of his teammates. That’s exactly what you want to happen with a QB (or any player). You want them developing and performing in a way: (a) that FORCES the coaches to put them on the field, and (b) where their capability is obvious not only to the staff, but the other guys on the team. News flash …. and I have said this before …. you want to know who can really play? Don’t ask anyone on CIS or twitter or at the barber shop. Ask the kids on the team. They will not only know, they will tell you straight up truth.

That was Ken Dorsey to the letter. And I suspect, it could be Emory as well. We’ll see. All I know is he’s doing all the things he needs to do to put himself in contention.

We’ll see what happens.

Advertisement
Back