2025 Flip Watch 2.0 Fong "Miami is Going to be Swinging a Big Spatula" (2025 Version)

Advertisement
You guys realize we could potentially lose all of the following players right?

Barrow
Mesidor
Clark
Cook
Alston
Kiko
Alderman
Wes
DPJ
Powell
Ward
Martinez
Rivers
Carpenter
Restrepo
George
Brown
Arroyo

…you want to bank on a game manager QB when we lose 90% of our best players?

This fanbase is stuck in 7-5 land.

Ask yourself this: has Oregon, Ohio State, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson, USC, Oklahoma, LSU etc. trusted a game manager QB the following year?

That’s the level we should consider ourselves at. Some of those schools pursued 5-star QB talent in the portal to simply sit a year!

You go after whatever positions will make the team better. Emory Williams would not sniff the starting job at any of the schools I just mentioned, that’s a fact.

In fact, he’s not QB2 at minimum half those schools.
Brother half of the schools you mentioned are literally starting game managers at QB...

What are you basing your assumptions on Emory about? Just curious. How do you know what he is?

You're also saying we lose 90% of our best players like we have loose change behind them or any of them leaving has been decided. Yet you're telling people what their mindsets must be...

Agree with everything there. For further context, of all the experienced portal qbs last year, who has been able to come in and make a difference?

Cam - Check
Gabriel - yeah? Doesn’t feel like he’s elevated the team though.
McCord - yeah
DJU - yeah!!!

KJ - meh
Will Howard - meh
Leonard - meh
Will Rogers - meh

Van Dyke - nah
McCall - nah
Max Johnson - nah

That’s not a good hit rate for transfer qbs with experience. All the other transfers were inexperienced (Dante, Malachi, Vandagriff, Rashada, even Sorsby). We aren’t about to roll the dice on some inexperienced guy next year, with the possible exception of Lagway, if I’m to believe that possibility. And even then they may not be guaranteed anything if Emory still here.

And I’m not saying Emory is the annoited one for next year. All I know is that he will be in his 3rd year in this system and that will allow him to be very comfortable in understanding what the coaches want from him, Your last sentence is almost exactly why I expect him to be a strong contender unless we hit the jackpot again. Wouldn’t surprise me if the pool of experienced qbs in the next portal season is much more shallow.
Exactly. All these dudes wanna keep believing it's practical to rely on a portal QB annually like this isn't an aberration to get a QB like Cam out of the portal. Like if dudes that are really like him become available they're in abundance or it's a given we get one... ***** just lame this obsession with running after portal players yearly especially out of need positions. You miss on a starting QB and your season is ****ed before it even began. Ask poo, ask Wisconsin, ask Ohio st if they're actually happy with what they got in Howard... Syracuse with McCord, puke with Murphy, don't even know where Jefferson went. All these QBs people were obsessed with giving very meager returns yet for sure that's the way to go. Smh why bother. Everybody gotta be right

You guys realize we could potentially lose all of the following players right?

Barrow
Mesidor
Clark
Cook
Alston
Kiko
Alderman
Wes
DPJ
Powell
Ward
Martinez
Rivers
Carpenter
Restrepo
George
Brown
Arroyo

…you want to bank on a game manager QB when we lose 90% of our best players?

This fanbase is stuck in 7-5 land.

Ask yourself this: has Oregon, Ohio State, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Penn State, Clemson, USC, Oklahoma, LSU etc. trusted a game manager QB the following year?

That’s the level we should consider ourselves at. Some of those schools pursued 5-star QB talent in the portal to simply sit a year!

You go after whatever positions will make the team better. Emory Williams would not sniff the starting job at any of the schools I just mentioned, that’s a fact.

In fact, he’s not QB2 at minimum half those schools.
This is the year... half of those you listed were brought in for THIS year.

We'll regroup in the off-season. FFS live in the now...

Brother half of the schools you mentioned are literally starting game managers at QB...

What are you basing your assumptions on Emory about? Just curious. How do you know what he is?

You're also saying we lose 90% of our best players like we have loose change behind them or any of them leaving has been decided. Yet you're telling people what their mindsets must be...
Full moon. Has to be. I've seen some wild takes lately, especially considering ya know we're winning and playing lights out. I say stop pulling nut hair out over petty things. Too many go out there way to vomit all over the board. Finding the quality content is not easy.

Advertisement
Despite what we're all finally witnessing with Cam Ward, some here continue to seem absolutely desperate for the game manager surrounded by stacked talent formula at Miami despite seeing firsthand how much an elite gunslinging QB with top-end NFL tools can elevate the ceiling of our program.
WHo?

Full moon. Has to be. I've seen some wild takes lately, especially considering ya know we're winning and playing lights out. I say stop pulling nut hair out over petty things. Too many go out there way to vomit all over the board. Finding the quality content is not easy.
GIF by YBCA
Yet certain people @RVACane have always made it seem like I'm being dramatic or something saying some people simply wanna be miserable on here. If at this point some people can't be labeled as moped than I just give up.

Advertisement
Not over Cam. Just meant in general. Not sure what the previous posts were about.
Shadora's turned out a lot nicer than I thought he'd be. However he still has a few substantial flaws to his game. They use tempo to disguise it much to the same way lashley used tempo to disguise Tyler's flaws. Main difference I'd imagine (to be clear I don't know for certain that's the case) knowing how Deon approach the game when he played, if his son took on any of that he'll get better opposed to simply being content.

GIF by YBCA
Yet certain people @RVACane have always made it seem like I'm being dramatic or something saying some people simply wanna be miserable on here. If at this point some people can't be labeled as moped than I just give up.
Same types always have bad ***. And it's always the other person. Probably not that extreme but where is the sunshine.

Fans: “our guys better not be looking past Virginia Tech/USF/etc etc and our 8 TRAP GAMES!”

Also fans: “I’m worried about the roster in 2037 because Cam Ward Jr won’t be ready to enroll yet”

View attachment 304566
Right! Like living in the moment is way too complex... Complain for 20 some odd years about how **** our teams have been & the product were putting on the field. Yet heaven forbid they enjoy the team directly in front of them. ***** wild.

Advertisement
Emory has been developing! He's learning under Cam, and it would be year 3 with Dawson. You gotta roll with him and develop Nickel then Coleman after. Can't keep going for a stud portal QB because potential QB recruits will be put off by them always getting a portal guy. The same people on here saying Nickel is under the radar elite will also say we need a portal qb to play over him. I trust Mario and Dawson developing Emory!
If we go with Emory next year all of this momentum would be for nothing imo. He will get exposed with a full schedule not a few series in mop up duty. But that’s JMO

Go with a transfer portal proven stud again till Luke or DC are ready.

Advertisement
If we go with Emory next year all of this momentum would be for nothing imo. He will get exposed with a full schedule not a few series in mop up duty. But that’s JMO

I'm gonna give you a day in court. Enlighten me on the how and why this is his destiny? I am one to say let's let it rip and let him fail. He's a gamer and effort kid that was light in the ***. Don't shovel the dirt on hai *** yet .

I tried to let peeps know Chase was coming this year. I can share I can't with a person close. I had plenty of cis Jimmy the Greeks tell me I was nuts. Let it ride out.

Maybe. We'll know next spring.

Right! Like living in the moment is way too complex... Complain for 20 some odd years about how **** our teams have been & the product were putting on the field. Yet heaven forbid they enjoy the team directly in front of them. ***** wild.
Yeah don’t get me wrong always looking to the future right?

But for right now Mario has built a **** good roster and I have full faith no one cares more about the future of the program than he does

So I’m just gonna enjoy it and let that man cook

I'm gonna give you a day in court. Enlighten me on the how and why this is his destiny? I am one to say let's let it rip and let him fail. He's a gamer and effort kid that was light in the ***. Don't shovel the dirt on hai *** yet .

I tried to let peeps know Chase was coming this year. I can share I can't with a person close. I had plenty of cis Jimmy the Greeks tell me I was nuts. Let it ride out.
He’s a game manager if my eyes ever seen one. Maybe I am wrong but his balls (pause) look flat, not super mobile and not super accurate. I know he threw a deep ball but TVD threw deep balls and he was cheeks, many guys throw it deep and suck. Pause. I just think he’s a good dude that isn’t meant to start at UM. We need a star there

But we find out next year. He has heart though I like him

Advertisement
Back