FBI Uncovers Massive NCAA Scandal, Miami Coach Investigated

What is the difference here between us and Louisville who was also generically “named”and had no coaches charged other than I believe they actually got the player ? Someone tell me how we aren’t going to get crushed here.

This was Pitino's 19th strike?

Understand pitino getting fired but they are taking about the death penalty for them (probably overblown ) but still. What is the difference between us and them other than prior record of bad acts?

I don't know, call and ask

202-324-3000

Advertisement
What is the difference here between us and Louisville who was also generically “named”and had no coaches charged other than I believe they actually got the player ? Someone tell me how we aren’t going to get crushed here.

We should watch what happens at Louisville. I think NCAA will be our punishment. If federal implication, Miami would be actually named and the coach would be named. Since neither named, no federal punishment, NCAA will level punishment .

We should watch what happens at Louisville. I think NCAA will be our punishment. If federal implication, Miami would be actually named and the coach would be named. Since neither named, no federal punishment, NCAA will level punishment .

This is likely true. NCAA is the killer though. Wouldn’t really care if a rogue coach got taken down at the end of the day. I care about the welfare of the program

Understand pitino getting fired but they are taking about the death penalty for them (probably overblown ) but still. What is the difference between us and them other than prior record of bad acts?

Big difference is Louisville BASKETBALL program was/is on probation when this happened.

Advertisement
Louisville is gonna take all the heat as far as the media is concerned for at least the short term. I honestly think our best case is this blows up into a nationwide thing, where all the focus is on the shoe companies, not the schools.

Reports are that an unmarked police car pulled up to the athletic building, official walked into building and was seen carrying out a laptop.

What reports?

Listening to Kentucky Sports Radio Iheart 630 WLAP. Matt Jones' show.

Wait, are you talking about in Coral Gables or Louisville?

WLAP 630, I heart Lexington KY, show is daily 9 -12 staying on extra hour today for press conference

Advertisement
Reports are that an unmarked police car pulled up to the athletic building, official walked into building and was seen carrying out a laptop.

What reports?

WLAP 630, I heart Lexington KY, show is daily 9 -12 staying on extra hour today for press conference

No, the laptop. It was removed from Louisville, right? At first I thought you were talking about Coral Gables.

What reports?

No, the laptop. It was removed from Louisville, right? At first I thought you were talking about Coral Gables.

Sorry, Louisville not CG.

Advertisement

Sorry, Louisville not CG.

Good (for now)

Butch Davis was never directly implicated in the NC mess but he & the staff where all out. Bottom line, HC is responsible.

SIAP. Was mildly worried about Coach L's involvement since I had seen he was meeting with his lawyers all day, but looks like his lawyer came out and said Coach L is not involved. Pretty bold thing for a lawyer to say so I'm going to presume he's innocent.

The link in the tweet is an overview of everything we've heard. Here's a better link that discusses the lawyer's statements to other newspapers as well: Jim Larranaga’s lawyer: allegations in FBI college hoops sting ‘do not apply to Coach L’ | Canes Watch

[TWEET]912830873673895936[/TWEET]

Advertisement
This is all anyone is talking about in KY. I am from there, moved to FL in 1989. Still a KY fan but love The U, also. This story is all the media, fans, etc. are talking about. There is media camped out everywhere reporting on every move anyone makes. Really a big deal there. Hard to find any info about Coach L and basketball program. Any media at Hecht Center?

Louisville already on probation with the pole dancer scandal...school just couldn't take another scandal.

This is all anyone is talking about in KY. I am from there, moved to FL in 1989. Still a KY fan but love The U, also. This story is all the media, fans, etc. are talking about. There is media camped out everywhere reporting on every move anyone makes. Really a big deal there. Hard to find any info about Coach L and basketball program. Any media at Hecht Center?

It's football season

It will never end, folks. We will ALWAYS be in Emmert's dog house and on probation for something. Can't understand why the people in our Athletic Department CANNOT stay out of trouble. Incompetence of the worst kind. How does that big Adidas contract look now that it's going to bring another letter on inquiry from Emmett and his hounds and result in another "lack of institutional control" finding, if not criminal charges for some of the BB coaches. This bunch can NEVER get out of their own way.

Advertisement
Back