FBI Uncovers Massive NCAA Scandal, Miami Coach Investigated

CBS is reporting Coach 2 was Pitino. Louisville radio station saying Coach 2 was not Pitino. Sure hope Coach L was not Coach 3.

I do not believe Coach 2 was Pitino. I would be flabbergasted if Coach 3 was L.

2 and 3 were not the head coaches even if they knew. even during stripper gate, the stuff came from assistants and never the head coach. i believe i have an idea who 3 is, but dont want to say anything bc its pure speculation. also, nasir little's family came out with a statement with an obvious denial of course

Advertisement
If the allegations are true and provable enough for the NCAA, the best case scenario for us is for this to really spiral. I don't know if the NCAA has the capacity to sanction dozens of schools at the same time.

My concern is that this isn't the first attempt at this, and if Gatto really sings he may implicate players currently on the roster.

Agreed. Or at worst have another school or two or three end up just below Louisville but above us in severity of transgressions. I'd like to think all the places like Arizona that actually had staff arrested could form that buffer.

what's really interesting to me is that this is already spread out across the pac 12, big 12, acc, and sec. if the big 10 has a school thrown in, television contracts are going to go **** up if the ncaa hits with big sanctions on everyone involved.

CBS is reporting Coach 2 was Pitino. Louisville radio station saying Coach 2 was not Pitino. Sure hope Coach L was not Coach 3.

I do not believe Coach 2 was Pitino. I would be flabbergasted if Coach 3 was L.

I agree ... Slimy Ricky is not that stupid to be directly involved. He has played the NCAA's farce long enough to not touch these transactions directly .... at most one of his assts rats him out as being in the know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
sorry if posted but so far there doesn't seem to be an actual link to our staff does there?

The inside story of how the FBI brought the words corruption

With Louisville and its recruits apparently secured, Gatto, Code, Dawkins and Augustine moved on to more pressing concerns -- a second plan to land a recruit they'd been simultaneously scheming about. According to the FBI, they conspired to funnel approximately $150,000 to an unidentified player who was being recruited by the University of Miami. They planned to follow a scheme similar to the one used with the Louisville recruits to keep the player from signing with a school sponsored by a rival apparel company, which they claimed had offered the player $150,000, according to the complaint.
During calls that were intercepted by FBI wiretaps, Gatto asked Code if the payments could be pushed to 2018 because he wasn't sure he could make it work. "I just don't know if I can do anything in '17, that's what I'm saying," Gatto told Code. Gatto then asked Code if the player being recruited by Miami might accept $100,000, which is what they paid the Louisville's recruit. Code said he wasn't sure if his family would take that much less, but he'd try to reduce their offer by $25,000. Code warned Gatto that if they waited until January 2018, the recruit's asking price might be $200,000.
On Aug. 19, Code informed Augustine that Adidas was willing to do what was necessary to help the Hurricanes secure the recruit, but "everything was kind of strapped for '17. So '18 puts us in a better place to have this conversation."

Last edited:
Advertisement
The most interesting part to me is it reads like Adidas was the driver almost more so than the schools/coaches wanting to get players at Adidas schools for the future benefits.

sorry if posted but so far there doesn't seem to be an actual link to our staff does there?

With Louisville and its recruits apparently secured, Gatto, Code, Dawkins and Augustine moved on to more pressing concerns -- a second plan to land a recruit they'd been simultaneously scheming about. According to the FBI, they conspired to funnel approximately $150,000 to an unidentified player who was being recruited by the University of Miami. They planned to follow a scheme similar to the one used with the Louisville recruits to keep the player from signing with a school sponsored by a rival apparel company, which they claimed had offered the player $150,000, according to the complaint.
During calls that were intercepted by FBI wiretaps, Gatto asked Code if the payments could be pushed to 2018 because he wasn't sure he could make it work. "I just don't know if I can do anything in '17, that's what I'm saying," Gatto told Code. Gatto then asked Code if the player being recruited by Miami might accept $100,000, which is what they paid the Louisville's recruit. Code said he wasn't sure if his family would take that much less, but he'd try to reduce their offer by $25,000. Code warned Gatto that if they waited until January 2018, the recruit's asking price might be $200,000.
On Aug. 19, Code informed Augustine that Adidas was willing to do what was necessary to help the Hurricanes secure the recruit, but "everything was kind of strapped for '17. So '18 puts us in a better place to have this conversation."

That doesn't contain everything. You'd have to read the actual report. They talked about one of our coaches "knowing everything" and that he had requested the payment. We don't know which coach.

That doesn't contain everything. You'd have to read the actual report. They talked about one of our coaches "knowing everything" and that he had requested the payment. We don't know which coach.

i saw that but that doesn't mean too much without further corroboration. i just hope they dont have any additional evidence.

Advertisement

i saw that but that doesn't mean too much without further corroboration. i just hope they dont have any additional evidence.

Yeah no one can say anything for sure yet, but there is a link to one of our actual coaches unfortunately.

If this was everything, it wouldn't be so bad. But of course it's not.

I do find it interesting however that no heads have rolled at Miami (FL) yet. If it was a cut and dry situation like Auburn, Arizona, Louisville, South Carolina, Okie State, and now Bama, the implicated coach would be gone already.

If this was everything, it wouldn't be so bad. But of course it's not.

I do find it interesting however that no heads have rolled at Miami (FL) yet. If it was a cut and dry situation like Auburn, Arizona, Louisville, South Carolina, Okie State, and now Bama, the implicated coach would be gone already.

We have proven at Miami that we have the worst compliance office in the country. They could spend a year trying to figure out who Coach 3 is. It's amazing to me that they don't seem to be able to clean this **** up. They talk a good game.

Advertisement
Back